Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 PM   #61
ryanc3240
AUIII forte 2002

what grindes my gears? people who sit up the *** of a poor L plater doing 80 on the freeway. COZ THATS ALL HE CAN DO!!!! also people who honk their horn like there is no tomorrow, honking for a good 10 seconds.
ryanc3240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #62
Zedjay
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanc3240
what grindes my gears? people who sit up the *** of a poor L plater doing 80 on the freeway. COZ THATS ALL HE CAN DO!!!! also people who honk their horn like there is no tomorrow, honking for a good 10 seconds.

about time you made a post ryan :
Zedjay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #63
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanc3240
grinds my gears when i see parents teaching their L plater children their bad habits.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #64
Spitfire 6.2
V6 3L

What grindes my gears?

The Missus (sometimes).

Every time I do the anything to the car I let her be the first ine to try it out, just to make sure shes happy with the fact ive spent some money to add something nice to the car. She will check and scrutinise every detail of the change that has been made, and god help me if theres something not to her liking.
Like today, I put a brand new FPV steering wheel on the car, it took me a couple of hours, I took my time to make sure I did it all properly, I even referenced the AFF thread on the matter and bought a steering wheel puller and all.
Anyway she backs the car out of the garage, turns at the bottom of the driveway and sits there, halfway across the road (not a real busy street), jiggling the steering wheel, listening to some "noise" in the steering, that no doubt I caused from installing the steering wheel. After 30 seconds I say to her "what", trying to find out what the problem is, and low and behold, im now a pr!ck as takes off down the road. Why? It seems I asked too abruptly, even though shes there checking and questioning my work, and wonders why that peaves me a little.
Spitfire 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #65
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default what grinds my gears

grandmar at the bank on pension day. (arrogant so n so's)
R/H lane hogers who speed up when an overtaking lane appears.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #66
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What grinds - well let's see

tailgaiters
my wife not letting me buy a TS50 :sm_drool:
rubbish bin not being collected
christmas presents that don't work
people that go out of there way to park right next to me
shopping trolleys
people that don't indicate
petrol prices
senior drivers that live in their own world
Lowndes moving to H#lden
the number of increased shark sightings at my favourite surfing beach
not winning lotto last weekend
a frigging pelican shat down the side of the beast after being washed and being parked at the local jetty
it's too hot
road works
the leather seats having been cleaned and nourished with a reaeeely expensive product only to be told by the wife that the seat is now too slippery
train passengers
people who are bad mannered and with an attitude to match

There ya go - now going for a lie down :
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #67
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

4wd owners who slow down more for speed bumps than i do in my bloody low ute. and second gear.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #68
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

I park as far away from anyone in the supermarket carpark but you can bet when you come out there are still heaps of parks but your car has become a sh#%* magnet with alsorts of crap cars around it.

I just laugh at what other people do to lets say enhance their cars.........

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #69
Ibrox90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPete
Chev badges on commodores.

OMFG YES TOTALLY AGREE

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #70
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Legitimate car enthusiasts being labelled "hoons".
Yes, it is a disgrace that people who have spent thousands of dollars and many hours building up their quality street machine for use in a controlled environment get labelled "Hoons" like the idiots who get busted for excessive speed on the roads and dangerous driving.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #71
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

People who speed up when you try and overtake them
Unit stickers
JetPilot stickers
Skin stickers
Justify your existance stickers! I mean what the hell does that even mean!! :

People who get a kit for there car but are to tight to paint it the same colour as the rest of it and leave it in primer, looks cheap and stupid

Every commodore driver who trys to race my Falcon just to try and prove they are better( Most times they find out they ain't lol!)

Ill post more when i think of them
Old 11-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #72
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
Ignorant f@#$ers who, especially on the first pump, after they finish filling up, walk off to go pay even though there's you and the 2 cars behind you waiting to get in. How hard is it to pull forward out of the way of the pumps FFS!! This usually happens when all the pumps are in use and the forecourt is full and there's a line up at the register too so you end up sitting there for 5 minutes after they walk off while the traffic banks up behind you. So much worse when there are 3 or 4 of us lined up waiting for the 1 LPG pump and they turn round, look at you then STILL walk off. It's about then that I want to get out and give them a piece of my mind closely followed by a piece of my fist. :jab: If there's someone behind me I'll always pull away from the pump when I'm done.

What ever happened to common courtesy?

Bushbasher
Whether it is legal or not to move the car before paying for fuel, it makes the attendant nervous you're going to do a runner. But as long as the people go in, pay quickly, then leave promptly it is OK by me. Spend 5 mins inside shopping before going to pay and patience wears thin.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #73
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPete
Chev badges on commodores.
Glad someone said it!
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #74
1LOUDXFUTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
cars with the rear end lower than the front... and if the rears are IN the guards, thats just ridiculous
yep, i agree with that. there is a commodore down the road that has the rear end lowered so much that he is tucking 1/4 of his rim.. the front end is higher than stock because the back is so low.

it looks terrible. i must be getting old
Old 11-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #75
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
You wanna know what grinds my gears;

- Soccer fans. "Yes it is the most popular game in the world, but just like Windows is the most popular OS, and as with both popularity doesn't make it good, entertaining or important."

agree.
kind of goes like this in england before a game:Chelsea supporter " you like liverpool? lets meet up, before the game, get sloshed, bash each other, then go to the game, then....um..."

Liverpool supporter "bash each other some more?"

Chelsea "done!"

i also find that what grinds my gears is foolish customers at my work. Timber yard, covered in "NO SMOKING" signs and yet the dimwits still have the audacity to smoke as they drive in, not butt it out, then glare at me as if im insulting them when i ask them to please put it out.

also, the customers who blithely ignore the big yellow painted writing and lines saying "NO PARKING". forklifts need to get through and if you've parked your ute there then it can be really detrimental to the ute!! not that thats ever happened, we usually just grab the customer and get them to move it, but it gets tiring having to point out that you can't park there and yet they still act surprised. we couldn't advertise it more.....
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #76
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

slow drivers in right lane.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #77
ryanc3240
AUIII forte 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedjay
about time you made a post ryan :

hehe. thanx
ryanc3240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #78
g220ba
FGX XR8

Thought i'd get it out the way and put the other family guy quotes up.

You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan. Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with your little outfits. Ya know? You're a... You're out there jumping around and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So, what am I supposed to do? What you want? You know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to - why why are you leaping around there, throwing those things all up in my, over there in my face? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want? Well, I'll tell you what you want, you want nothing. You want nothing. All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is - is just bogus

Thanks, Tom. You know what really grinds my gears? Nobody's come up with a new priest and a rabbi joke in like thirty years. Ya know? I mean, okay, ah, umm. Priest and a rabbi go, go onto the supermarket, and, uh, the priest wants to buy a ham. And the rabbi says, "Ah, I can't eat it. It's forbidden." Couldn't eat it. Not allowed, pigs are like superheroes to them. Is it perfect? No, but I, I don't see you coming up with anything. And that people is what grinds my gears. Tom?
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #79
Low Orbit
Audio Nutter

Gidday folks,

hmmm ...

Impolite people.

People that don't indicate.

Excessive speeders (look, it's fine by me if you want to plough into a lampost at 160, just don't take anyone with you ok?).

Doof doof stereos. The distortion hurts my brain. And probably your drivetrain.

People that lower their cars 6" and then whine that they can't drive anywhere.

Muppets. Not the muppets, but muppets. The sort that come tearing up behind you at mach 5 then get angry that you're holding them up. My solution to this is to slow down even more. It's fun watching them go red.

Dangerous drivers. The ones that use wild and sudden changes of direction to do anything and cut other drivers off. They should be shot on sight.

Hmmm I must be getting old

Cheers.