Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #61
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: Ah, Queensland...sunny one day, fascist police state the next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
So you're saying Newman didn't bring in these Laws? He sounded like he dictated he did. And won't the bureaucrats have to take orders from the premier in charge, like Bleiji is now? Sorry mate I'm not trying to debate here, I'm interested in learning something new.
The history books will show that he was the one responsibile for these laws, but he wasn't. Had Labour won the election, these laws would still be here.
They take their orders from the bureaucrats, despite appearances to the contrary.
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #62
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Maybe you would have some attitude too if you were constantly harassed for no reason.
6 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #63
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Now I can understand the attitude of the police in QLD, the bike rider was nothing but a smart *** who shows no respect for authority, if he did he might have got some back.
If his claims of being pulled over more than 20 times are true, I would be a little annoyed.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #64
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
The history books will show that he was the one responsibile for these laws, but he wasn't. Had Labour won the election, these laws would still be here.
They take their orders from the bureaucrats, despite appearances to the contrary.
I agree that with the 2 main stream political parties, there is similarities in the way they govern to be in line with the rest of the democratic society.

However it is possible, if say a "motorcyclist political party" got up in a state election (hardly likely) with a hell bent mandate to repeal these laws, the "bureaucrats" would have to abide.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #65
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo View Post
I agree that with the 2 main stream political parties, there is similarities in the way they govern to be in line with the rest of the democratic society.

However it is possible, if say a "motorcyclist political party" got up in a state election (hardly likely) with a hell bent mandate to repeal these laws, the "bureaucrats" would have to abide.
The AMEP got a seat at the federal level, they were consumed by infighting and smeg. Next.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #66
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the ball is rolling

http://www.theage.com.au/national/at...107-30fk9.html
Old 13-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #67
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Ok thanks mate never knew that very interesting.
Old 13-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #68
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

That is not correct. Labour might have put them up but they might not have got up. The only ones to blame is the current government, they do not have to act on the advice of bureaucrats at all. They loved it as these laws make them look like hard men, that is why they did it.
Old 13-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #69
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Now I can understand the attitude of the police in QLD, the bike rider was nothing but a smart *** who shows no respect for authority, if he did he might have got some back.
Respect is earnt. Not given. That's how I was brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
the reason they are asking him to describe his clothing is because the police will be recording the audio, not video, and pictures generally tend not to show up on audio tape
Unfortunately, that's their problem. What is also the Police's problem, which in turn has become ours is the fact that they have not been reading up on what the mainstream patches are, such as "Live Free, Ride Free". They should only need to ask for a specific patch that is not mainstream. The flip-side is, do they really expect to receive the truth every time? So asking "what the patches mean" is redundant. Even further redundant if your collection of patches are just simply sayings you like, or simply describe you as a person.

"Can you tell me what your patches mean?"

"Sure", *Takes off jacket/Vest*

"This patch here describes my first wife...."

45 Mins later,

"And this patch I picked up in 1996 at the Mt Gravatt Markets just becaus I liked it, guy who I bought it off was a bit of a douche though. NOW, this one....."

For the most part patches dont mean anything to bikers. They just like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaldo
Can be changed though.
If the majority of the residents in QLD. do not like these laws.
The laws can be changed, with a change of government, in the next election.
No they wont. Plenty of laws that have been swept under the rug once an election comes into view. More media coverage on the "Hot topics" and less (if any) about overturning previous term government laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72
Likely to be more than 6 officers at the scene as there was at least 6 patrol cars. Aren't they required to have 2 officers to a patrol car?
No not always. And police are itchy about doing lone patrols & intercepts. Which is understandable.

Now for my view.

What I love and I REALLY do love it, is the fact that they ask you what you are doing and where you are going. And this makes me laugh EVERY time.

When you ride a bike your not always going to a predetermined destination, or even a plan for the day. Its all about the ride. I was at a mates place where I am fixing up my bike to put on the road, and he said to me, "Mate, Leno, and Ricky are coming over in an hour or two, why don't you jump on the Shadow come out for a ride with us" I had concerns with this, as I hadnt been one a bike in 5 years and that was just to get my licence. Im also itchy about riding or driving other people vehicles. They eventually convinced me.

So we are all in the garage, im putting on my jacket, Bikes running and Ricky pipes up and says, "Hey, where we going?"

His dad says, "Oh I dont know, Fernvale, Go have a pie or ice cream or coffee, well go to the bakery and see what strikes us" We didnt even know until we were about to put the bikes in first gear!

Then we wound up by-passing fernvale and going out through Brightview and past my dads place and back to my mates at Oxley.

Never stopped, (only at blacksoil for fuel) didnt have a pie, coffee or anything, and even changed the plan on the fly.

Just like going on an cruise with your mates. The "Destination" is simply the place you pick to stop and go back.

Its all about the ride. Its not like when your in a car an can simply "Switch off' put it in D for dream, and dawdle along. No. When you ride, you mind is solely focused on what you and everyone else around you is doing. You forget about life, and its all in the moment until you get home and take the helmet off.

Some people ride to go places, others go places to ride.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 13-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #70
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Now for my view.

What I love and I REALLY do love it, is the fact that they ask you what you are doing and where you are going. And this makes me laugh EVERY time.

When you ride a bike your not always going to a predetermined destination, or even a plan for the day. Its all about the ride. I was at a mates place where I am fixing up my bike to put on the road, and he said to me, "Mate, Leno, and Ricky are coming over in an hour or two, why don't you jump on the Shadow come out for a ride with us" I had concerns with this, as I hadnt been one a bike in 5 years and that was just to get my licence. Im also itchy about riding or driving other people vehicles. They eventually convinced me.

So we are all in the garage, im putting on my jacket, Bikes running and Ricky pipes up and says, "Hey, where we going?"

His dad says, "Oh I dont know, Fernvale, Go have a pie or ice cream or coffee, well go to the bakery and see what strikes us" We didnt even know until we were about to put the bikes in first gear!

Then we wound up by-passing fernvale and going out through Brightview and past my dads place and back to my mates at Oxley.

Never stopped, (only at blacksoil for fuel) didnt have a pie, coffee or anything, and even changed the plan on the fly.

Just like going on an cruise with your mates. The "Destination" is simply the place you pick to stop and go back.

Its all about the ride. Its not like when your in a car an can simply "Switch off' put it in D for dream, and dawdle along. No. When you ride, you mind is solely focused on what you and everyone else around you is doing. You forget about life, and its all in the moment until you get home and take the helmet off.

Some people ride to go places, others go places to ride.

Yep this is totally correct, lets just ride.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #71
Spurious

I just put this link up in the 2 wheel forum. Oop's!!! You beat me to it.
Old 13-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #72
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
That is not correct. Labour might have put them up but they might not have got up. The only ones to blame is the current government, they do not have to act on the advice of bureaucrats at all. They loved it as these laws make them look like hard men, that is why they did it.
Make no mistake, Labour would have put them up and made them go through. Like I said, issues like this transcend party politics.

I found this interesting:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-2...o-quit/5034698
Old 13-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #73
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
If his claims of being pulled over more than 20 times are true, I would be a little annoyed.
I can understand that if true but the video does not really explain reason why he was pulled over & being questioned.

It only showed half a story.
Old 13-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #74
hedgehobb

2:12 "I don't have to identify them." (regarding patches)

2:18 "We're a social Motorcycle Club."

Mate, word of advice, learn to STFU.

Honestly!

Some ppl just don't know how to shut their yappa.
Old 13-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #75
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
I can understand that if true but the video does not really explain reason why he was pulled over & being questioned.

It only showed half a story.
My understanding is that he was filling up at the time. He was stopped becasue he looked like a biker. Vest, buckle, riding a Harley....
Old 13-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #76
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he should take out an avo/stalking on the cops
Old 13-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #77
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Quote:
Make no mistake, Labour would have put them up and made them go through. Like I said, issues like this transcend party politics.

I found this interesting:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-2...o-quit/5034698
This is one of my post from the two wheel section in answer to somebody referring to standing up to bullies and the police in the same way.

I don't see police as a BULLY, as that's their job and they have been ordered to do it. Quite a few of them don't agree with these laws and if you aren't rude, you would find out. It's amazing how much they'll talk to you with the right attitude. It's not the police force you all should be upset with it's Newman and Bleijie.

I used to be rude to the coppers all through my teenage years and well into my twenties. And it didn't get me nowhere, but my hardtop always getting defected or me spending a night in the watch house several different times. I pulled my head in around 30, and spoke to them in a civil manner. Wow couldn't believe the difference in their attitude and I even was getting let off for a few things.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #78
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hows the saying go again?:

"treat others as you expect to be treated"?

as much as this law scares me with being very open ended the guy should try the aforementioned saying more often, why is he getting pulled over with such regularity? l think there is more to this than what has been let out.
Old 13-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #79
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBROO View Post
Like what has already been said the bloke was a smart *** and wanted attention so he got it. I couldn't care what any of you say, at the moment I support the laws. If they start abusing them, then I'll change my tune. I ride a bike in Queensland and haven't yet been pulled up, granted it's not a harley. But people are trying to say it's every bike and that's simply not true.
Agree. His attitude is what got him unstuck, plus the fact that he likes to bend the truth his way. First it was that he was detained an hour, then almost an hour then 40 minutes. Then is was he was pulled over 21 times since the laws, then 10 times since the laws and 11 since he bought the bike 18 months ago. And those people saying he was wearing leathers for protection. Rubbish. He had a leather vest on, not a jacket.

In my opinion, he acted like a wally, and got treated like one. One thing that we have not seen is the first part of the footage. There would be atleast 5 minutes filmed before. If he had shown his license when asked, albeit straight after filling up, not filling AND paying (and I bet he took his time and mouthed off too) then the extra police would not have been called.

Yes I live in Qld. Yes I ride a bike. Have I been harassed, no. Have I been looking to be pulled over or attracted attention, no.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #80
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post
hows the saying go again?:

"treat others as you expect to be treated"?

as much as this law scares me with being very open ended the guy should try the aforementioned saying more often, why is he getting pulled over with such regularity? l think there is more to this than what has been let out.
Correct !!
Old 13-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #81
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver 45 View Post
Respect is earnt. Not given. That's how I was brought up.
Agree with you, the bike rider was far from earning respect.
As for the police I respect the law, despite the odd bad one you do not tarnish the whole force.
Old 13-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #82
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Or, wait until Anzac Day...Blieje has said that any outlaw bikies marching will be fair game, and the RSL is begging the police to "show some restraint".
Wait until the drag off some ex-diggers on Anzac Day for being seen with "the wrong people"...then the great storm will descend."

Thers another youtube clip on the side ther showing the Vietnam Veterans are now also being targeted just becuase they have a M.C...

That is NOT ON...... those guys went through some horrible horrible things and most of them only talk about that stuff between themselves.........The poor blokes need an out let so they ride bikes ......So what????

If only more people respected what they and previous soldiers went thru in those horrible days.
Old 13-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #83
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

You get what you give, yes i can understand if he has been pulled up so many time it may be frustrating (Clearly exaggerated..) but unless it was this particular officer then why the attitude? If you get poor service from one Plumber does that mean when the next turns up you treat him like $#!t?

Show some respect, I've had issues with police officers, I'm also friends with a few, they are all different people behind the same uniform.

The guy is his own worst enemy, the officers clearly had no urgent calls come through and decided he deserved a bit of extra attention, no different to if your driving a modified car and a regular unit requires a TOG/HWP officer to inspect the modifications, usually a positive attitude will avoid that latter situation but act like a idiot and they will gladly waste your night.
Old 13-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #84
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Actually I am black / Coloured.. I've been putting up with crap for 30 odd years don't see me writing a blog and complaining about ''Oh poor me'' Ive been picked on by the police, public and treated bad by shop staff.. Sheesh get over it people.. I bloody love Qld and would'nt live anywhere else. Lived in Adelaide Hobart and now the GC for the last ten years.
Does that make it alright to racial profile because they don't complain about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ_Smooth View Post
Mate, I know you probably meant it as a joke, but when they start executing Gypsies, Black people, Jews, Gay's, Industrialists, dissidents and communists then you can compare the 2.

It's very, very different.

Firstly, you have the right to complain about it.
It didn't start off with executions, it started off with identification, looks like a whole lot of identification going on to me, first its the bikers, then its the car enthusiasts, then its the union protests etc.

Meh, thats in QLD and you QLD residents voted for them, its up to you guys if you want to change it.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #85
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: Ah, Queensland...sunny one day, fascist police state the next...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
I feel a bit left out in all of this.

I live in Queensland, have ridden my Harley for the last 10 years over about 90,000km and haven't been pulled up once.

Maybe I need to get me one of them gay pirate costumes and a bit of attitude so I can feel picked on like everyone else apparently does!

Russ.
5 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #86
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
Agree. His attitude is what got him unstuck, plus the fact that he likes to bend the truth his way. First it was that he was detained an hour, then almost an hour then 40 minutes. Then is was he was pulled over 21 times since the laws, then 10 times since the laws and 11 since he bought the bike 18 months ago. And those people saying he was wearing leathers for protection. Rubbish. He had a leather vest on, not a jacket.

In my opinion, he acted like a wally, and got treated like one. One thing that we have not seen is the first part of the footage. There would be atleast 5 minutes filmed before. If he had shown his license when asked, albeit straight after filling up, not filling AND paying (and I bet he took his time and mouthed off too) then the extra police would not have been called.

Yes I live in Qld. Yes I ride a bike. Have I been harassed, no. Have I been looking to be pulled over or attracted attention, no.

Leather vest still offers protection. Might as well ride in thongs and a singlet if you're not in a leather jacket then?
Old 13-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #87
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
My understanding is that he was filling up at the time. He was stopped becasue he looked like a biker. Vest, buckle, riding a Harley....
he knows they are targeting terry tough kents

so dresses like terry tough kent and has a sook for being targeted as terry tough kent... smmrrt ay

lads in radelaide get around very much in cognito.. because smart

btw

do lols @ each state does appear to be one upping the other regards bikie and hoon laws

sleepy old radelaide, we all dance around half naked, clapping hands, and singing kumbaya just below the radar
2 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #88
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a very slippery slope that Qld is on and its one we as a country should do all we can to avoid. Its only just started and already it is causing a lot of people to take notice.

A couple of points that stand out.

1. A political rally in Qld for the AMEP before the federal election. Virtually no one was allowed to go home until they had passed through the police cordon and given permission to leave. Carried out under the false justification of road safety

2. Vietnam veterans being harassed because they ride motorbikes and have a club house. The flimsy excuse that was used for the raid. "We did it to see if they had been infiltrated by criminals"

If this excuse stands up to scrutiny it means that it can be done to anyone any time.

I'll use the example of the Australian Racing Drivers Club because we are car enthusiasts. It is possible that the ARDC has been infiltrated by criminals. What about exclusive golf clubs. Its quite likely that they have been infiltrated by criminals.

The list goes on. What ever criminals like to do when they are not being criminals is infiltrated by them. This does not mean that all these associations and clubs should be raided to find out . Its an infringement of all the law abiding members rights.

3. Regardless if anyone thinks that the bloke with the camera is a goose there is no law against that, and it appears he hadn't done anything wrong. He was targeted because of the way he looked.

As others have said this is profiling based on appearance only. His number plate may have been known to the police as some people have alluded to. If that was the case and they knew who he was they should have also been in possession of information about his background and affiliations so interrogating him in a public area would not have been necessary. This lends weight to the argument that they didn't know him and targeted him simply because he had a certain look about him that has been deemed unacceptable in society. So this is certainly harassment of an innocent citizen if that is the case.

4. This one really bothers me as to where it is possible for it to lead!

Police being threatened with the loss of their jobs/ income/ means to support their families if they don't agree with the new laws.

The emails they have received from hierarchy to this effect state that they are not being asked to do anything illegal but if they don't follow the enforcement of the new laws to the letter they should be looking for another job. This is bad stuff.
If this is what is required to get the police to conform and carry out the new laws it speaks volumes of what must be a fair number of dissenters in the police and what they think of these new laws. If numbers of police have to be coerced into supporting them that's a bad omen.

They aren't being asked to do anything that is against the law now, but it was against the law a couple of months back and it is a definite infringement of civil liberties. Something that every soldier has fought for in this country in my knowledge of our history.

It all seems so benign at the moment and the politicians are beating their chests about how great they are for bringing it in but it doesn't matter what happens to citizens who are in advertently caught up in it they will always justify it with spin.

We are in grave danger of moving from the long held belief that "better a few criminals go free rather than punishing one innocent person for something that they didn't do" to "so what if a few people get punished for nothing. If we can lock up a criminal and get a lot of good publicity from it who cares"

Its interesting to note that NSW police appear to have recently broken the Brothers For Life criminal gang using the existing laws at their disposal. It says a lot about how necessary the new QLD laws are.

It seems to me that if we go down this hill it will gain momentum very quickly and at some point it will be unstoppable until its too late. Its no surprise to me that numerous people are challenging the validity of the new laws and I sincerely hope they are successful.

Last edited by noflac52; 13-01-2014 at 07:31 PM.
9 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #89
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've already had my say in the other thread but this has more visibility so I will post the link here.

Conference regarding the incident from the police themselves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfvW4_2Rxaw
Old 13-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #90
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahaha PB + ozpacman win the chicken dinner
Closed Thread