Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #61
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

sound's like you made a good choice then ... i probably would have gone for the same thing ...

it would have been like spending all that money, for pretty much what you have now!

wanted a change, GTS has my vote
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 13-08-2007, 02:01 AM   #62
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks great mate
Old 13-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #63
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Thumbs down

seriously who really cares, or did u mis-read the name of the forum
Old 13-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #64
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM5L
seriously who really cares, or did u mis-read the name of the forum
? What's that crap about, It's not the car i would have bought but i appreciate looking at it and can accept the buyers thoughts.
Old 13-08-2007, 02:43 AM   #65
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

well post them on the RED forums
Old 13-08-2007, 02:49 AM   #66
sexr6tasy
Banned

What an ugly car
Old 13-08-2007, 02:53 AM   #67
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
What an ugly car
thank u
Old 13-08-2007, 07:39 AM   #68
red_hotxr6
Banned

Oh dear, pity...
Old 13-08-2007, 08:00 AM   #69
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmania
You guys are all pathetic. You are either Ford or Holden, not both. You don't change football teams whenever it suits you. I doubt you will get Holden People bragging about buying a Ford. FORD ALL THE WAY.... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LOYALTY.. DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE by the looks of it
Brand loyalty goes out the door when I'm spending $50,000+ on a vehicle. If I was in the market for a BF GT, I'd be inclined to take an FPV and an HSV for a spin and pick the one that gives me value for *my* money. If the HSV is a significantly better package (and that seems to be the case right now) I'd be driving home the HSV as well. Nothing pathetic about that.

Last time I checked, it costs me around $100/pa to follow my favorite footy team.
Old 13-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #70
windsor xxww
Banned

gee thats an ugly car,i thought the holden combo van was ugly but this bucket a puss looks alot uglier than that.sorry i have to go i gotta yodel me guts up this crap is making me sicker tha the bird flu.
Old 13-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #71
zigzagnt

Quote:
You guys are all pathetic. You are either Ford or Holden, not both. You don't change football teams whenever it suits you. I doubt you will get Holden People bragging about buying a Ford. FORD ALL THE WAY.... WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO LOYALTY.. DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE by the looks of it

no YOU are pathetic,who do you think you are telling people they cannot like both. If i were you i'd put my other eye back in and see a shrink.I'm a holden person but have a ford SO GET OVER IT, we all can't be arrogant stuck up bogans. :

sorry but someone had to say it
Old 13-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #72
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor xxww
gee thats an ugly car,i thought the holden combo van was ugly but this bucket a puss looks alot uglier than that.sorry i have to go i gotta yodel me guts up this crap is making me sicker tha the bird flu.
Thank god you are entitled to your opinion, but not a very good one at that!
Old 13-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #73
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:

Grow up.

Why would anyone buy an inferior product out of brand loyalty, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

At the end of the day, if an individual isn't MAN enough to but the best product and stays with a product because that's what they've had previously, then SUCKED IN.

It's a personal choice.

Loyalty, What crappolla. How loyal do you think FORD Aus are to customers like you and me ?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 13-08-2007, 09:59 AM   #74
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Grow up.

Why would anyone buy an inferior product out of brand loyalty, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

At the end of the day, if an individual isn't MAN enough to but the best product and stays with a product because that's what they've had previously, then SUCKED IN.

It's a personal choice.

Loyalty, What crappolla. How loyal do you think FORD Aus are to customers like you and me ?

Infact, I'll go further and suggest that one day when you have the $$$$$$$ to spend on a new 70k car, you may be in a position to ciomment with more authority.

How many times have you spent similar dollars on a car ?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #75
vxclubsport569
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Grow up.

It's a personal choice.

Exactly right.
I am a perfect example.
I have owned a VX Clubsport for the past few years. Beautiful car for the price
Previously had a EF Fairmont Ghia 6 cyl (which I loved) always wished it was the EF II with the Tickford engine but the standard one wasn't bad
Went the the HSV as for my price range at the time ($30k) I couldn't get the same power and car from Ford
The new Ford range in 08 may get me back
I will not let stupid branding stop me from buying the best possible car at the time with the money I have

BTW Hello everyone new to the forum :
Old 13-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #76
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a lot of ignorant fools here it appears.

I reckon that ORSMFC put it the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMFC
"The car market is like an election to me, you have some that will always vote for one camp, and others that vote for another camp. But then you get your swinging voters. It is these people in my opinion that keep the car companies competing. If Holden has gained a customer with the VE then Ford needs to work hard to get them back. There is nothing wrong with this."
If a company makes a superior product, it is your right to choose that. It's called the market. The last thing we want in Australia is one car company making crap and people settling for it.
It is things like this that will make sure Ford make a better product and that can't be a bad thing.

To give BLOHSV a hard time for it shows some people simply don't appreciate choice, allowing them to choose the car that is the best, or best for them. If Ford made absolute garbage, I would buy a Commodore as well as it is the only other Australian-made RWD. However, it doesn't mean I would like it as much.

Loyalty for the sake of loyalty is rubbish. As I said, Ford have to read the shift in the buyer's market and realise that to get back to the top of the tree (or closer to it), they'll have to make a better product which means a better quality, more enjoyable driving experience for everybody.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #77
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
What an ugly car
I bet if it had a ford badge you would love the car but hey everyone has got there own opinion.What do you drive champ.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:33 AM   #78
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Obviously its his money to spend, but you would have to be pretty naive or looking for trouble to come on a Ford Forum and last time I checked it was a Ford Forum and gloat about your new HSV.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #79
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM5L
well post them on the RED forums
I will post the thread where ever i like.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #80
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Obviously its his money to spend, but you would have to be pretty naive or looking for trouble to come on a Ford Forum and last time I checked it was a Ford Forum and gloat about your new HSV.
Whatever bud,get over it.all im saying is ford need to step it up a notch to get back in there.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #81
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let me guess you switched camps last time cos Ford had clear indicator lenses?
Old 13-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #82
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

Give the guy a break, hey its not the car for everyone, and I certainly didn't even consider it as a choice when i bought my GT, personally I think its as ugly as ya mums bum, however:

1. The guy likes it
2. It is probably a superior car in many ways to the GT
3. If everyone drove the same car, there would be no need for a red and blue team
4. Like already said, when paying the sort of mulla for a car, you want what makes you happy.

Good on ya mate for taking the step regardless of peer pressure or others opinions. You make the right choice. Now on ya bike. lol
Old 13-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #83
BLOHSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor xxww
At the end of the day its your opinion which i dont give a s***t.Who cares i have the best of both worlds
:
Old 13-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #84
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Jesus H Christ!!! Settle down lads he drove both compared them and liked the HSV more - whats wrong with that??? more importantly whats wrong with you? If your buying a car purely on badge alone then you are setting yourself up for a fall. I wonder what you guys would say if a more prominent member of this fine forum bought one from the enemy??
Old 13-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #85
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
Jesus H Christ!!! Settle down lads he drove both compared them and liked the HSV more - whats wrong with that??? more importantly whats wrong with you? If your buying a car purely on badge alone then you are setting yourself up for a fall. I wonder what you guys would say if a more prominent member of this fine forum bought one from the enemy??

Exactly I have always had v8s wanted a 6 found the I6 and zf6 speed to be superior to holdens v6 engine and 4 speed.
But if they ever make the new Dodge Challenger and bring it to Australia I would think l would be changing car manufactures
Old 13-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #86
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Fair enough on your choice (personally I think the VE HSVs are fugly) but you cant ignore their wow factor when they drive past, plus the big V8, space age suspension etc

But isnt the main problem here the lack of a Ford equivalent in FPV's range? They have GT, GTP, Force8. But the GTP is neither here nor there...

The GTP may feel like a tarted up xr8, but so would the Clubby feel like a tarted up SS. Ford need a GTS type car.

Jeebuz if youre buying the GTS as filler material until Orion money must well and truly be no object to you! Congrats on the purchase!

Cheers, Rob.
Old 13-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #87
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOHSV
at the end of the day when you spend that amount of money you buy the better car which i believe the ve gts is at this point.so if ford built a s***t box you will go and buy it, to me that is pathetic.just because i purchased a ve gts dosent mean i am not loyal.I still love my fords.

You are absolutely correct...............

There are many LOYAL members on this forum, and I'm one of them. Its just a shame that FORD aren't as loyal to us as we are to them..........

If GM release a 350 - 370KW Clubbie in the next 5 years, and we're all still talking about modifying our 310Kw ORIONS.......I just hope that HSV will have a clothing sale on as well, because I'll be looking for a new Clubbie as well as a nice new HSV jacket..........

However, in this instance when i test drove the BF with the R8, I really couldn't justify switching. There was a little more urge with the R8, the brakes were a poofteenth better but it was also 10K more $$$, IMHO the BF looks much better and rode nicer....the 6A was also better sorted in the BF.....interior will also age much nicer......all in all a tough decision but I was swayed by my brand loyalty.........there just wasn't enough in the R8......this time.
Old 13-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #88
falzoony
Rockin '67

Does the numberplate on the XR8 live up to its name? Now you can test it.
Me and my dad bought a holden, a '65 HD and I hated the idea at the time, just shows how biased I am. but I actually quite like the car now and for the price we got it for you can't buy any falcon in that condition.
My point? If your spending money, don't worry to much about the badge. Although I would NEVER own a holden as a daily driver, I like my old classic

'67 XR Wagon
Old 13-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #89
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Some of the guys on here are really pathetic, how about grow up and give credit where it's due, HSV did a really good job on the E-Series HSV's, which is good for us as it makes FPV work harder to beat them.

Some people really don't get it!
Old 13-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #90
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL at people arcing up. Hey check out any of the Holden sites and it's the same situation, people going out buying xr6 turbo's left right and centre cause it's simply a superior beast, some people are spewin and some are accepting. The new FPV cars should be very impressive. The new Orion GT better be better than this HSV specimen, it means alot to brand image.
Closed Thread