Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #61
BroncosXR8
Soldier on

Actually im in the market for a BA XR8 now, because the EL II XR8 just doesnt have the scope of mods(or power) that the new BA's do, sure you guys in the earlier e-series cars have plenty of options in pinching parts off the later model e-series, but I have the last e-series so besides adding clear indicators there arent to many 'factory - ala cheap' exterior mods to be done.
To get the equivelant power as a BA XR8 out of the EL its going to cost thousands, as in alloy heads supercharger ect, and thats just to keep up with a lighty modded to stock BA.
Have a look at the Capa or Herrod sites to see how much they support the B-series compared to the e-series.
BroncosXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #62
LTD boy
Starter Motor

I drive BA's at work and they do everything asked of them in fact my partner i slooking at upgrading her late model laser for a BA, but when I jump in the el to go home at the end of the day I feel a lot more connected to road and car than I ever had in a BA between the electronic throtle and auto its like a time delay between foot and engine, I know it wont go as fast but I don't care, as they say love is blind
LTD boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #63
Bobman
Regulator

The EL's are a very nice drive, smooth and responsive however the BA has more of a presence in my opinion. Your in a different league though in the late model stuff. E Series are extremely common now for P plater's just as VN's, VS's e.t.c are for the lion fans.

That said all I do with my new cars is just drive them and minor servicing, there's no more replacing arms, bushes, ball joints, gaskets, diffs, head gaskets, tappets etc that plagued my old EA

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #64
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Pete,

It that time for E-series. Cheap ones are trashed, unless they are high Equip then maybe retorded. Obviously GT's are kept hidden for increase in value.
I was as a wrecker the other day that used to mosly have X-series. Now it was full of E-series. We have to wit for the slump to pass and E-series will go back up in value, just like quality x-series have!

Not end of Era. Too mny out there. The E-series will live forever!

That's what they said about HQ holdens. In time they will disappear of the roads as people update & get older. But as with X series fords Chargers & Toranas that were very common on the roads in the late 70's & 80's some are daily driven still but are not common to spot & some live on as collector or modified cars in sheds while most end up in scrape yards.
The AU's & B seriess are newer & getting cheaper to purchase so they will eventully take the place of the E series as daily drivers.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #65
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

These words are repeated time and time again people tend to love a certain era of car.
Inmy case it was a 73 xb falcon no adrs to worry about and was not going to get anything newer. How times change I now have an AU (I was never going to have one of these), Next week the 4x4 will be here, and then I am toying with selling the XE, So as time goes by 99.9% of you guys will only have fond memories of your E series.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #66
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilesie
These words are repeated time and time again people tend to love a certain era of car.

So as time goes by 99.9% of you guys will only have fond memories of your E series.

Never a truer statement. I even sold my 82 corvette in my avatar because of family commitments. That was a car I told everyone I would never sell.

Plus how many guys that are in their 40's would still own a car they had in their late teens or 20's
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #67
Deanodriver

I reckon they (Falcons/Commodores) go through a few stages in their life.

First it's bought as new cars, then a few years later, they become value used family cars (at $10-20000 worth, basically what AU/BA Falcons and VT-VY Commies are now).

Then after a while, they become good first cars for younger guys (worth ~$5000, EF-EL Falcons and VR-VS Commodores are at that stage now). After that, many will become cheap transport, but will start getting driven into the ground (like EA-ED's and VN-VP's).

After this, they'll be at the stage where most examples are tired old wrecks (like XD-XF Falcons and VB-VL Commodores), and after that stage, the good examples will become desirable classics (like pre XC Falcons and Kingswoods).

The EF-EL Falcons are going to be quite popular P plater cars in the next couple of years, because they'll be cheap and have plenty of power, and still look modern. The older E series are going to be looked at as just cheap transport.

Of course, there'll be some examples of the older cars that'll stay in good condition, they'll become the desired classics
Deanodriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post