Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-10-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Jim5_0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How long have you had your E series?

I've started this thread because on the October long weekend I celebrated 10 years of ownership of my EB2 Wagon. I did actually drive this particular car when it was brand new in 1992 and was impressed obviously.

So impressed that I bought a new EB2 in 1993 Lemans Red 5 speed GLi had it for 2 years and 190,000km before I replaced it with a Lemans red EF wagon which was an auto and a lemon.

After 1 year & 100,000km I lost my job so the EF had to go to pay off my house so I bought an Immaculate XE S pack wagon which I had for 2 years and 120,000km before a careless driver wrote it off for me.

This meant that I could buy my present EB. Which after 10 years and 320,000 (by me) it has still got it's original box and diff however the original engine had to go a couple of months back because it was leaking oil rather profusely as well as losing coolant and power (1/2 a million KM will do that to an engine).

So are there any other long term owners here?

----------------------------------------------------------------
White EB GLi wagon.
factory manual and cruise control roof rack
dealer fitted tinted windows (fairly dark), bullbar & 7 seats (long gone)

Other mods:
Fairlane Ghia interior & Subaru leather gear knob, Fairmont dash cluster.
Polished Turboblade wheels
2 1/2 inch Redback exhaust
XH snorkel & uni filter
AU XR6 rocker cover (no leaks)
EL tail lights
EF cooling fans
Dual fuel with EL style LPG tank.
Nice mp3 stereo

Planned future mods: LSD, subwoofer, BBM, serpentine belt, trip computer and Fairlane or LTD front sheetmetal.

Last edited by Jim5_0; 25-10-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Jim5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post