Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #61
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGirl
I can't understand why so many say that just because its FF.au, theres automatic trust. It's a message board ffs, theres thousands of idiots on the net who can freely join and should be automatically trusted? I don't think so...

If the member is well known or has kind of a creditable name for themselves on a board, then yes there should be trust there. But I wouldn't send anything out before I got payment first, I don't care who the person is, as this thread has proven what can happen. It is disapointing and a pity...

* YOU GO GIRL *
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 05:00 PM   #62
Aussie Pete

Okay, I appreciate all the comments but this is not a thread where I name names and people get blasted by those who aren't involved. there's two sides to every story and in one case certainly there was a period of misunderstanding but when someone says they'll send the money you kinda expect it soon afterwards.

The people in my list include some members who go back to the early days of our old US based site.

Remember that in most cases people think their side of the story is right and they will stick to that with conviction. My thread simply states the facts that these people received goods and regardless of how things worked out they always had the opportunity to get back to me with grievances and I have always offered a money back deal. Unfortunately in one case a refund isn't possible but they got what they paid for so money time is here. When you send numerous SMSs and PMs to these people and they ignore you it's obvious where you stand.

Unfortunately the overall amount owing to me is well over $600 and quite frankly I'm having to drive a truck MEL-SYD-MEL twice to get somewhere close to that amount in income after taxes. So, it's not an insignificant amount.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #63
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Come pick me up Pete....We can go pay them a vist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 04:35 PM   #64
Danny
GT4.

Theft and Ignorance of your attempts to follow up on them DOES NOT and will not EVER EVER sit lightly with me. I'd be fuming, absolutely fuming. Bugger the thread, i'd be paying some heavy to meet them at their door.

Last edited by rodderz; 29-05-2005 at 12:04 PM. Reason: language not needed
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #65
Aussie Pete

I have to figure some of the guilty types on here have seen this thread. If you have a reason for not putting up the cash why not send me a PM and discuss it? Or feel free to post YOUR story.

Like I said, three people here are not worthy of trust but I'm willing to work it out. To do that though it has to be a two way conversation...

Come to think of it, I'll probably take up the forum moderator's offer because right now I'm skint as hell having just had to pay a fortune in medical bills and waiting for other people who owe me a hell of a lot of money.....
Old 03-06-2005, 12:17 AM   #66
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

good luck AP. it sucks that people are prepared to screw others over. however, it doesnt really surprise me...i have been around too long, work in teh finance industry and am a cynic. most people are decent, and, just because people come on here and are ford fans (probably as long as it is a falcon...) then that doesnt necessarily make them a decent or honest person. i hope they get VD. from their wife.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #67
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

names! names! names! out:
Old 03-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #68
JG3282
Awake after dark

I've been in both sides of the coin.

I sold a couple of cylinder heads early this year, one to Sydney, the other to Nth QLD. When the money changed hands I was under the impression that any transport company would take them. Wrong! Try sending an item via interstate transport/courier to a residential adress, its not going to happen. Anyway I finally managed to send the Sydney head up to the drags with a racer and it was picked up from the track. And as the QLd was alloy and Australia Post took care of it. Unfortunately both sales took a couple of months to complete.

On the other hand I've sold a rocker cover that was returned to sender twice yet the buyer still kept insisting it was the right address. I've had people take ages to pick up stuff from ebay and on the same hand I've taken a while to either pick up or pay for stuff as well, but always kept in touch. I had a seller disappear from ebay without sending the goods to 20 odd buyers [dodgy tacho's] I was lucky in this instance that I received email notification from other buyers in time before I paid.

I usually prefer people to come to my garage and pick up stuff and pay there on the spot because it can be a pain in the butt if you are short on time to send stuff or they are having trouble transferring cash or sending a money order. I even had a guy come to my joint a few times and approach me 3 times at swap meets about a gear box but its still sitting there under my house.

I also get a lot of people emailing me about buying pics from the drags. I often send them tiny little postage stamp sized pics and never hear from them again but then see those pics turn up as avatars on forums or turn up in web galleries.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more

Last edited by JG3282; 03-06-2005 at 03:00 PM. Reason: new info
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #69
Psycho Chicken
Banned

God don't get me started on frieght companies. I'm being dicked around by one right now, about to have to use another one to get some heads down from Sydney.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #70
Dez
Banned

i say name them. they have no right to be protected...any amount of $ is too much to be out of pocket when you were honest,trusting and provided a service! and we're talking about over $600 here.

name them

ive dealt with some people here and on the old FF, and if im the seller, i insist on payment first. I give as many details as I can, and although its only my word, i never have any intention of not sending the item as soon as i get the money.

Hope this gets sorted Pete
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #71
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

The only way out is to name them ,that way they will be embarssed and other FordForums members will know not to deal with them in the future.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:39 PM   #72
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Yeah I think you should name them too, you will be doing a good thing. Plus hasn't it been a week?

OR

PM them with a link to this thread and give them ONE chance to explain themselves.

BUT

Option one is better
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #73
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Agreed bite the bullet, at the end of the day you have sent the goods on a trust basis, but basically got shot in the foot.
$600 nowdays isnt something to be taken lightly.
I for one would like to know to whom i can/cant be traded with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #74
LTDHO
The one and only

Although it is a public forum we have to have some trust and it's up to the members who are conducting the sale to decide that.

I've sold and bought plenty here, it's a great resource.

In one case the buyer (he will remain nameless) took months to pay off. I trusted him and he came through, also bough more off me on credit.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #75
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In My early days of of business, i was taken for 30K and there was no way of getting it back, i was young and green but learnt from my mistake it was simple no money no goods.

Moving on from that last year in a startup company not mine we lost over 100K in bad debts in 6 months, this was in the main our fault, as our back end was not ready to cope with the larger than expected sales ( around 150+ K a week ), we did as most businesses probably do and built in a small factor for bad debts, but blew it out of the water.

We are still chasing these people for thier money but probably will write most of it off. these people really just dont care and they know it will cost us more to try and get the money than what itis worth.

there are plenty of people out there ready to scam the system and do not give a toss.

Aussie Pete, i see your being nice and would just like to be paid for your service and or product but from experiance your wasting your time being nice, these type of people do not respond to nice, they just laugh behind your back.

you need to play hard ball if you want your money, moving forward remember MONEY HAS NO FRIENDS and go for COD or payment up front.

Our new business being set up is COD or no product quite simple really.

my 2 cents worth anyway.
DOC
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #76
Dez
Banned

i just cant believe they are game enough when he more than likely has their address!

what business are you in DOC, if you dont mind me asking
Old 03-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #77
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dez
what business are you in DOC, if you dont mind me asking
Dez, was involved in national product distribution on large scale, now moving into a left field of this covering many lines and is about 4 weeks away.( but i can say it looks good)

but i would rather not go into it here as i find the forum a great refreshing escape from my boring daily chores and would like to keep them seperated, i can log on here and be in another world that i love ( fast cars and people in general who love thier rides ), and i had my way i wouldnt work at all it would be just cars ( and family n friends ), funnily enough i have mentioned to the trouble n strif that i need a new direction and i want it to involve cars ( yes fast ones ) so my magic eye see's a new venture down the road a bits.

Cheers Dez
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #78
Danny
GT4.

Ohhh come on name them, If they get flamed, its their own fault FFS.

Are you not naming them aussie becasue their well known on the forums or what?
Old 06-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #79
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Something fishy happening. hmmm. Maybe the purchaser payed up?

On a side not I had another good transaction with a FF member just last week. The user should have the item today.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #80
doogs1979

Default ****ers

Put there names up i hate people that do this sort of thing I had some big dollar parts STOLEN from my house a few weeks back and have keep my eyes and ears open and found some in the local paper and some on ebay so watch out for brand new ford pars for a ef six turbo. out: these people think there smart but i have let the boys in blue do there job.THEN IM GOING TO DO MY JOB ON THEM.Give me a buz if u want me to come and give u a hand.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #81
Danny
GT4.

I find it funny to see that this thread has lasted PRIMARILY becasue people are bumping it to see whose names will be released, and I dont think its gonna happen.

NAMES NAMES!!!! hahahahah
Old 08-06-2005, 12:29 PM   #82
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I find it funny to see that this thread has lasted PRIMARILY becasue people are bumping it to see whose names will be released, and I dont think its gonna happen.

NAMES NAMES!!!! hahahahah
I think you're right there. I think an educated guess could be made by anybody who really wants to, based on what information has already been made available and who has and hasn't participated in this thread, but that's all it would be - a guess.

But I agree, I doubt we are going to find out who these untrustworthy people are, so I guess others have to discover who they are the hard way... :(
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #83
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
I think you're right there. I think an educated guess could be made by anybody who really wants to, based on what information has already been made available and who has and hasn't participated in this thread, but that's all it would be - a guess.

But I agree, I doubt we are going to find out who these untrustworthy people are, so I guess others have to discover who they are the hard way... :(
any guess would be a massive long shot...with something like 4000+ members on here now ?
Old 08-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #84
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
any guess would be a massive long shot...with something like 4000+ members on here now ?
Agreed, it would be a long shot, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
The people in my list include some members who go back to the early days of our old US based site.
Which would make at least those members easier to discover.

Also, we may have several thousand members here now, but how many have come here once and never returned, or nobody has ever seen or heard of? I think it would be a reasonable assumption to rule those members out too. Although I could be wrong, I doubt Aussie Pete would be so trusting of a member that has a post count of 0 and had just signed up that day.

Yes, we have many members here now, however I think if anyone really wanted to make an educated guess, it could be worked out to less then 50 likely suspects, and I'd say probably less then that, 20 suspects would not be an unreasonable guess.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:33 PM   #85
Dez
Banned

yea true. i forgot that he said they came from the old ff

chances are they are fairly well known amongst us...

i still think that they should be named, as its not fair to any other members....i don't know why they deserve to have their identity protected
Old 08-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #86
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Absolutely disgusting ! More to the point dishonesty should not be tolerated in our world here in FF.au
I say name them so they are out in the open, they have been sheltered till now which is similar to our pathetic court systems etc...ppl should pay there dues.
Sorry if it's harsh but thats my opinion.
Yeah I'm still waiting for a refund on those wheels you sold me. The rubber is getting low and we never agreed that would happen when I bought them 12 months ago. I assumed they would always have sufficient tread on them :hihi:
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #87
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
yea true. i forgot that he said they came from the old ff

chances are they are fairly well known amongst us...

i still think that they should be named, as its not fair to any other members....i don't know why they deserve to have their identity protected
I agree, however it is up to Aussie Pete, and he is right when he says
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
this is not a thread where I name names and people get blasted by those who aren't involved. there's two sides to every story
Regarding what I said above about people who have low post counts or have come here once, signed up and never returned, have a look at this: http://www.fordforums.com.au/memberl...astpostbefore=
- particularly the number of members where Join Date and Last Visit are the same date. You can also sort the list by any column title which is a link, simply click on the title (Username, Join Date, Posts, Last Visit), and then you can reverse the sort order by clicking on the button that appears next to the title once you click on it.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #88
Dez
Banned

yeah there is heaps of people that sign up to look at something and never come back....hell, i signed up to the old FF to see pics of MR 0250 that my mate gave me a link to...
Old 29-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #89
Aussie Pete

Well, thankfully as of this date resolution has been made. The outstanding person is known as XLR8 and I'm only naming him because he won't return calls, he won't return PMs and he won't return any form of message. He owes me a coupla hundred and then some for some number plates he has on his car so I guess he has no further intention of paying.

So, Rob is therefore named and known - XLR8 and running NSW plates GT-xx90 on his red BA GT (not giving the full plate for privacy reasons).

Lesson learnt....
Old 29-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #90
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

XLR8 : Last Activity: 28-05-05 03:55 PM.

Guess we won't be hearing from him. Bad luck AP.. shame it had to come to this.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post