Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #31
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone
teki... why dont you join a renault forum...
LOL Leave him be, He's excited about his new car...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #32
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
LOL Leave him be, He's excited about his new car...
Can you tell?

But in all honesty - I still miss the Fiesta. Actually saw it the other day! : It looked soooo good at the traffic lights...

I miss the space, and turning circle the most!

But meh, I still remember my first family. Although I now belong to the Renault gang.... Ford still made/make some good cars I like (XR5T, ST170, Focus/Fiesta Zetec etc)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #33
crispymk2

You would be better off to just have fake tips on the left than that, would save bulk $$ too which could be better spent improving perfomance else where. I like the rear bumper tho, looks like a focus rear bar grafted on (or an ST, not sure).
Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 AM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default rear bumper

crispymk2 !!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOUR SIG .......

''2004 WP Festiva Zetec - Stock 5spd man + 16in alloys'' ARRRRRGG :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #35
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Haha - Fiesta mate... Festiva is an insult to yourself

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #36
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
teki... why dont you join a renault forum...
LOL
I think teki wants to take over the fiesta forums and turn them into "lets make everyone jealous of my clio" forum..

or maybe
Euroford people are just cooler.!!

Quote:
''2004 WP Festiva Zetec - Stock 5spd man + 16in alloys''
LOL
Old 04-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #37
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
LOL
I think teki wants to take over the fiesta forums and turn them into "lets make everyone jealous of my clio" forum..

or maybe
Euroford people are just cooler.!!

LOL
Simon Simon Simon. Read my post, I have joined a Clio Club now :

And, I'm not making people jealous. I'm just informing people of the great reasons in upgrading to a Clio :

So, are you jealous Simon? Was it because I creamed you on Victoria Road? Dont lie now :

Old 04-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #38
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Simon Simon Simon. Read my post, I have joined a Clio Club now :
Yer i know your on a clio forum.. but u still are in love with eurofords lol its hard to move on!

Quote:
So, are you jealous Simon? Was it because I creamed you on Victoria Road? Dont lie now :
What are you talking bout? i would never take part in dangerous and illegal activities on our public roads :P
Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Yer i know your on a clio forum.. but u still are in love with eurofords lol its hard to move on!
Um, I like Hot Hatches (generally European). Ford have finally brought something to the table - the Fiesta and Focus. So yes, I like the Fords still. They just need more power to match the chassis prowess... the XR5T does this, but where is the XR4?!

Quote:
What are you talking bout? i would never take part in dangerous and illegal activities on our public roads :P
LIAR! You got creamed - three times out: :

Old 04-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #40
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I will definitley give the clio credit but im not ready nor plan to convert to anything other than ford for the moment.

Its funny in nearly everypost that teki does there is a reference to the clio. Ca someone say OBSESSED to the extreme??
Old 04-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #41
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I will definitley give the clio credit but im not ready nor plan to convert to anything other than ford for the moment.

Its funny in nearly everypost that teki does there is a reference to the clio. Ca someone say OBSESSED to the extreme??
Not true. It will rub off... :

Old 04-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #42
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA

Agreed, I have noticed that too, But he is very excited, with good reason

Having said that though....
Quote:
I'm just informing people of the great reasons in upgrading to a Clio
Steve Steve Steve!!! Mate, Some of us don't want to upgrade to a Cleo, some it just aint our cuppa tea. I for one don't want to take big loans out!! I know its less than $30K, but I for one wouldn't wanna commit to that sorta thing at present, though i'd like to, and though I definitely could. Don't know if anyone shares my attitude on this

My heart says POLO Gti, but the head knows that Fez must reside in my garage for a while to come.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Danny Danny Danny...

Less then $30,000 it is not. And Polo GTi - PLEASE NO. The Fiesta (well my one) is lower then the Polo, and has the same sized brakes, and also rides on the same tyres (205/45R16s). Sure, great engine and interior. But everything else....well yea, there isn't much else :P

Not saying to get just a Clio (Whats a Cleo? :jab: ), maybe an XR5T or any other Hot Hatch for that matter (yes, Polo fits here).

Interesting to note that the Polo GTI is expensive to insure. Probably due to the fact it is Turboed. Strange, since the Clio is quicker and more expensive!

**EDIT**
Oh yes, and on topic - The Polo GTI does not have twin exhausts out:

Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #44
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Less then $30,000 it is not. And Polo GTi - PLEASE NO. The Fiesta (well my one) is lower then the Polo, and has the same sized brakes, and also rides on the same tyres (205/45R16s). Sure, great engine and interior. But everything else....well yea, there isn't much else :P
I meant the load (edit: I meant loan) you took out for it was less than $30K Teki.
Without sounding snide, Thats your opinion, and the last thing I wanna do is Offend you and i'm not intending to, but I have MY opinions about your Renault as well. Its quick, but looks like a Nissan Micra and the interior is very Barina for a car thats as expensive as you just said it is..

Quote:
Not saying to get just a Clio (Whats a Cleo? :jab: )
A womens Magazine... : :jab: : :

Quote:
Oh yes, and on topic - The Polo GTI does not have twin exhausts out:
Yeah but the XR5 Does as you mentioned. However it's not in the sports supermini category like Clio and Polo, Its up there with the Megane hatch. Im sure we could put double pipes on a Polo anyways ;)
Old 04-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #45
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well at least I don't drive a Festiva!

Yea, the looks don't impress all. I actually think the Fiesta was designed with the Clio in mind. My opinion though...

Um, Polo is more girly then a Clio - not to mention the fact is looks like a squeezed Mini Bus with that steep hatch. Yes, dash is not that great, but seats are unreal.

Oh yes, the XR5 does have twin exhausts, as does the Megane 225 Turbo. See a trend here? ;)

Old 04-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #46
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I think duel exhausts are only for cars with cahones
Old 04-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #47
Danny
GT4.

Cool cool, But I disagree with what you said about the Girliness of the polo. The front looks like a GTi Golf. Thats tough, bloody tough. The rear is crap though. I dont like it. But it is an impressive bit of kit for $26,990. Not saying I'd get one (Im set on the XR5 or the Golf Gti), but as far as general finish, interior quality, space, and stuff like that goes (as well as huuge turbs modding capability), being in a similar price range to Clio, I'd go the Polo anyday.

Teki, I'll be as diplomatic as I can be: Your car's good, no great! its impressive, cute, ripsnorting, us petrolheads know all about their merits, as we've read about them. Forcing it on everyone in a Ford Fiesta forum is kind of futile!!

I know how good Renaults are anyways. I just not a huuge fan of its looks. ;)
Old 04-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #48
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Polo GTI has discs all round not drums so NO the brakes arn't the same as the fiesta.

AND why are you comparing a modded car(Your fiesta) to a stock one (Polo)? Thats just stupid. Why not compare a Series 1 RX-7 with 1million spent on mods to a Pagani Zonda? Im sure in that case the RX-7 would demolish the Zonda in every possible way.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #49
Danny
GT4.

Rewind Pieoter, Where did I compare My car with a Polo??
Old 04-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #50
theostheone

how bout we leave teki and his cleo magazines alone...

i think he is beginning to act like a woman in new shoes... she jus wants everyone to look... much like the way he is.

i reckon u should stop telling people how "good" ur car is... and stop bringing it up all the time... honestly i dont think anyone cares. thats what the renault forums are for. Here we want to talk about how good the fiesta is. the car might have twin exhausts... BUT IT DOESNT HAVE A SPARE TYRE... so its 5h!t... and the fiesta is better simply for that reason... :

if i have offended you relax... ill email u a tissue.
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #51
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Danny. It was directed at teki and this comment "The Fiesta (well my one) is...." Stop pimping the clio like its a demi god.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #52
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hehe - The pot is definetly stirred!

Pieoter - discs all around is true. But the front discs are the same size. Something quite alarming... considering the Polo GTI brings another 200kg, and also increased performance. Then again, it might be calibrated and stop well.

As for comparing my modded Fiesta to a Polo GTI - I really do not understand what your complaining about. We like to compare the Fiesta to the Focus (performance wise). We all own a Fiesta (most are modified), so if you were to upgrade to a Polo GTI I'm sure you would be comparing it! They were the things I noticed when my (old) Fiesta was parked side by side to a new Polo GTI. The Fiesta looked very nice... The Polo (being black) did not stand out, since the "blackened" centre of the front bumper was not noticeable. Hence, I like the Fiesta better. I did drive the Polo GTI, and I wasn't really a fan of the handling. Seemed a little top heaving and understeer prone. Just my thought. Here, the extra cash needed for a Fiesta to GTI changeover really wasn't doing the GTI any favours. Way too much money for only a little more fun (due to the engine)

Not sure what your all hissing about - I still love the Fiesta [hello, I owned one for 1.5 years remember?!] and have told EVERYONE searching for a small hatchback to get the Fiesta. Nonetheless, with the bunch of owners here, maybe I shouldn't.

Laters all - Good luck with the Fiesta and please excuse my ignorance for thinking that previously owning a Fiesta meant I was welcomed.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #53
Al...

corrct me if i am wrong, but wasnt this thread about FIESTA rear bumper and custom exhaust???? I know other brand cars were shown as examples, but this crap is getting out of hand. We come here for simple ideas and some light chat, not to have every thread and every aspect of our cars compared to another.
some 1 wake me up when we start getting back to the real reason we are here!!
enough said..........ZZZsleep:
Al
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 AM   #54
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Laters all - Good luck with the Fiesta and please excuse my ignorance for thinking that previously owning a Fiesta meant I was welcomed.
finally...... no more cleo "does my handbag suit my twin exhaust" stories.

p.s. a defect from ford to reno (sic) is considered almost as bad as a defect from ford to holden, and you see what happens to holden drivers around here. no-one's told you yet cause they dont want to see you cry :the_finge
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #55
Danny
GT4.

Quote:

Pieoter - discs all around is true. But the front discs are the same size. Something quite alarming... considering the Polo GTI brings another 200kg, and also increased performance. Then again, it might be calibrated and stop well.

As for comparing my modded Fiesta to a Polo GTI - I really do not understand what your complaining about. We like to compare the Fiesta to the Focus (performance wise). We all own a Fiesta (most are modified), so if you were to upgrade to a Polo GTI I'm sure you would be comparing it! They were the things I noticed when my (old) Fiesta was parked side by side to a new Polo GTI. The Fiesta looked very nice... The Polo (being black) did not stand out, since the "blackened" centre of the front bumper was not noticeable. Hence, I like the Fiesta better. I did drive the Polo GTI, and I wasn't really a fan of the handling. Seemed a little top heaving and understeer prone. Just my thought. Here, the extra cash needed for a Fiesta to GTI changeover really wasn't doing the GTI any favours. Way too much money for only a little more fun (due to the engine)

Not sure what your all hissing about - I still love the Fiesta [hello, I owned one for 1.5 years remember?!] and have told EVERYONE searching for a small hatchback to get the Fiesta. Nonetheless, with the bunch of owners here, maybe I shouldn't.

Suit yourself Steven,

Just remember, that we're not all THAT bad. I mean, Come on!
And previously owning a Fiesta means that you should talk about your old Fiesta bud!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:04 PM   #56
theostheone

hey people...

i was jus looking at some sites on the net and i came across a place in uk that make bodykits for the fez
click here

anyway they have the option of instead of having a twin exhaust... y not have a big one in the middle? i spose it would also look good...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #57
Danny
GT4.

Good stuff Theo.... Just paying for it and having it sent over is bloody costly!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #58
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG the second focus full bodykit is on my christmas list as of..... NOW
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:49 PM   #59
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:

I think you're missing the point. You are more than welcome to talk about your car, regardless of what it is, but the comparisons betwen Fez and Clio, and the constant Clio bignoting does get a bit irritating.

Anyway, water under the bridge.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #60
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
hey people...

i was jus looking at some sites on the net and i came across a place in uk that make bodykits for the fez
click here

anyway they have the option of instead of having a twin exhaust... y not have a big one in the middle? i spose it would also look good...
OMG they've got renault parts too!!
j/k

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post