Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2005, 09:28 PM   #31
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Yeah but 5 of them cost me $45,000 or less. So it sounds more impressive than it really is.
Not the point mate they are still assets, whats the return on them. What part of country nsw we talking about here.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #32
XRQTOR
Banned

Saving my hard earned mostly but if a deal comes up that i cant refuse or i see a deal where i know i can make money i'll jump on it.

2 months ago i bought a set of HSV 19'' wheels with rubber for $2,ooo from a guy my mate know's. My mate sold them for $32oo the same day. All i had to do was go give my mate the money and i made $1ooo. Also bought 2 sets of BA 18" wheels since xmas and sold them, made about $3oo a set selling them fairly cheap. Some people have no idea what factory rims are worth.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 26-05-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 26-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #33
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

How long is a peice of string? How well anyone is doing is all relative. I drive a very average car, and we dont live in a mansion. The whole point of +CF (Positive cashfow) property is that capital gain is less relavant, rather we focus on what the property makes over and above what is costs. eg: purchase price $42k monthly interest <>$210-$230 rates pm $35 insurance $20pm, that means I pay out $265 - $285 per month but with the property rented at $130 per week ($520 per month) I have a +CF of $235-$255 per month per property, then it is just a matter of duplicating. So considering we dont pay the motgages, the tenants do there is no limit to the number I can buy as my serviceability improves with each property I buy. It is not glamorous, and it can be hard work if you buy a roughie and need to do it up. But it is a way of setting up a passive income that can eventually replace your working income.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:43 PM   #34
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I mostly buy property in satelite towns to large regional centres. I have property around Dubbo, Rockhampton QLD and at North Richmond in the foot hills of the blue mts out of Sydney.
Old 26-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #35
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
How long is a peice of string? How well anyone is doing is all relative. I drive a very average car, and we dont live in a mansion. The whole point of +CF (Positive cashfow) property is that capital gain is less relavant, rather we focus on what the property makes over and above what is costs. eg: purchase price $42k monthly interest <>$210-$230 rates pm $35 insurance $20pm, that means I pay out $265 - $285 per month but with the property rented at $130 per week ($520 per month) I have a +CF of $235-$255 per month per property, then it is just a matter of duplicating. So considering we dont pay the motgages, the tenants do there is no limit to the number I can buy as my serviceability improves with each property I buy. It is not glamorous, and it can be hard work if you buy a roughie and need to do it up. But it is a way of setting up a passive income that can eventually replace your working income.
Might not be glamours now mate or retuning big $ atm but once they are paid off you'll be laughing. $13o per week per house x 7 houses is $91o a week. I take my hat off to a smart man.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 26-05-2005 at 09:51 PM.
Old 26-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is people who own 100s of homes which is amazing. The basic jist of it all is to be making more of it than your paying on it. Also some people can buy houses just to sell them when the value increases. Someone i know bought a house for $100000 and can sell it for $140000. Just made $400000 profit if he sells it
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #37
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
There is people who own 100s of homes which is amazing. The basic jist of it all is to be making more of it than your paying on it. Also some people can buy houses just to sell them when the value increases. Someone i know bought a house for $100000 and can sell it for $140000. Just made $400000 profit if he sells it
settle down mitch. $140,000 - $100,000 is $40,000. not $400,000 ;)

$40k is still nice obviously.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #38
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

There are plenty out there. If you go to www.realestate.com.au and establish search parameters of price and let the search give you the answers. $45k was my dearest that was purchased as an investment. I have paid $18000, $23500, $27000 $42,000 and $45,000 so the returns can be better. The 27k house after 5k in renos will be revalued in excess of 50k (meaning I can access that equity to fund new aquisitions) and will pay me $140 per week.
Old 26-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #39
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
settle down mitch. $140,000 - $100,000 is $40,000. not $400,000 ;)

$40k is still nice obviously.
lol typo hahhahaha
Old 26-05-2005, 09:58 PM   #40
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
My old man bought vacent land in an industrial estate to build a shed on it for his business, sat on it for just over 2 years and got offered a stupid amount for it. Cleared 6 times the original investment once all was done. If you can afford it vacent land is the big short term money maker weather it's private or industrial.
Old 26-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #41
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah heard land is good way to go. I was thinking when i get a full time job that it might be a good idea to get an investment and use that to fund my own house and car projects. As with shares their is risk in any investment. You got to be prepared to take it and you can lose money aswell. You could buy a property and then it decreases in value. Then your ****ed
Old 27-05-2005, 01:22 AM   #42
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Well every thing i have i own outright . So apart from Bills Mine and the missers Cars get what we want for them . and now im haveing 3 day weekends i have some time to play around
Old 27-05-2005, 05:07 AM   #43
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I work a decent job in the Networking Dept at optus .. plus I am a part time courier driver .. my 2nd job makes more money than Optus would you believe it (minimum $220 per day).

Also a credit card helps at times .. but it get spaid back up every fortnight.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 07:19 AM   #44
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
worked for it.... .. and my brother
Go the brothers - heh. I have considered selling rare trim parts of the RS2000 to fund go fast parts, but in the end I can't bring myself to do it, I'll just patiently save.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 10:29 AM   #45
FordFan86
meow

I work, and save... don't waste it on anything i don't really need, and the banks come in handy. After tafe i'll be looking for full time work for 6 months to play with my car and save for uni
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

By throwing all my change in a coin tin and then banking it.. I don't mod my car much but like to occasionally spend some money on them especially when they are new and I am decking them out with tint / phone kits etc.

My car is complete for now, ill probarly put my saving coins away for the next one.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #47
AdzT3-146
own the road

work hard, take all the overtime, save and sometimes borrow money off the olds.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:25 AM   #48
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every time I dont go out and get ****ed I save myself $80+ and a hangover the next day.

I live at home and work full time, while going to uni part time. I dont really have many expenses, my phone bills have gone down to $40 from $150+ by changing to orange. I get free 5 minute calls to all my mates and GF and free sms to everyone as well.

Other than my phone bill, I pay for a gym membership that I dont use. The rest is able to go to my cars. Soon I will have a 13 second mini!! I cant wait to drive a manual again!
Old 27-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #49
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get smashed before i go out that way save a fortune on drinks. Just have a few to keep me goin. Dont usually get a hangover. I live at home so not hard to save up but now im saving up for a car. Job interview today YAY so hopefully more funds for next car lol. Oh man do i have to give up the smokes lol. That will save me money.
Old 27-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #50
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
... Oh man do i have to give up the smokes lol. That will save me money.
It's almost 4 months since I gave them up Mitchay! Best thing I've done, now I just have to convert the missus. I'd been smoking the last 18 years. Figure out how much that might have cost at 30-40 a day.
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #51
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
It's almost 4 months since I gave them up Mitchay! Best thing I've done, now I just have to convert the missus. I'd been smoking the last 18 years. Figure out how much that might have cost at 30-40 a day.
Answer to that question= A ****LOAD lol

Well ill be a bit of a smarty pants :P

Say bout $20 a day X7 = $140 a week. $140X 52 = $7280 a year. $7280X 18= $131040 blown on giving yourself cancer lol.

Even if it wasnt so expensive any money you save would be better than a slap in the face. Im pretty good though usually only spend bout $30-40 a week on the durries where as my dad probably smokes $200 worth a week.
Old 28-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #52
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Keeping the loose change I find in the pockets when I'm doing the washing. :

I own everything that I have, being unemployed for so long was not something I planned but life throws you curve balls and you have to do the best you can.

Hopefully I'll be working again soon so as long as I can keep a roof over our heads, food in our mouths and clothes on our back without struggling I'll be happy. Then I'm going to start up my 'mod' bank account. ;)
Old 28-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #53
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I usually use my at home haircuts for car mods ..... not that I have any mods but really running costs.

Being on a pension + raising three kids doesnt allow for much .... but I do have a sympathetic mechanic who lets me pay off the jobs ....... Just got the wagon rego'd & needed an exhaust (damn that huge rock) and a tappid cover gasket ........ am paying it off but she does sound a heap better & goes well too .......

A mod fund ........ one day ....... anyone know of some rich old dude who needs company & will leave his riches to his new company ... hehehehehhehe... then I can have my Sprint & a Terry :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #54
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I worked every public holiday for 4 years. I did graveyard shifts when they asked..
Every cent went into the bank.
I live at home as well, but I had to pay all my expenses on my old car, and pay board and my phone bills/internet.
I never denied myself anything. If I wanted to go out with friends I did. When I wanted to get my windows tinted, or put a cd player in the XD I did.
I went away for weekends with friends too.
It took me awhile, but I knew I wanted the BA, and that was my goal.
I finally got it in January, and although my Dad did lend me some $$, that was only because he wanted me to still have cash in the bank to fall back on if I really needed it.
I'm paying that money back to him now as well, and I'm starting to save again for a few things I want to do the the XR.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 28-05-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #55
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Oh crap, bank account is about to go into the red.....I just got some heads that I can barely afford. Ah well, no take away for a few weeks.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #56
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Save save save, its all i ever seem to to. Though, like Feathers, I have never denied myself of anything either.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #57
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Every time I dont go out and get ****ed I save myself $80+ and a hangover the next day.

Haha i know what you mean im not going to have any big nights for the next two weekends because of exams : which is good in a way because it means i'll have like an extra $150+ for no reason lying around :. Although i might go overseas next semester because im sick of uni at the moment so that means lots more saving in next month or two
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 04:00 PM   #58
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Overtime (tm)..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2005, 11:48 PM   #59
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just let the wife have unlimited sex with me and then I get what I want for the car!!

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #60
rodderz

weekend work, landscaping the house of the owner of the company that install's the said mod, selling of old gokart to buy the ute

These days all the extra work goes to paying bills and doing stuff to the house

I must take the above unlimited sex option on board though.....
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post