Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-06-2005, 01:09 AM   #31
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Yeah the next morning I think 'im feelin fine' gets near lunch and im on death row. Id say the next day it wouldn't have a huge impact academically on your results but would lower your thinking to some extent but would be depedent on how much you drink and if you have replaced what you lost.

The government raises heaps of money from alcohol but then loses it to crime, car crashes and hospital bills. You go to the city just to see everyone lying down on the ground and fighting. Imagine if it wasn't around.. sure would save alot of lives and trouble. I can't see them ever getting rid of it would be impossible now, the problem also only seems to be getting worse. Always only takes a few to screw it for everyone else.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:16 AM   #32
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah isnt the tax on alchohol like 50-60%? Big money maker same with smokes.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #33
One Drone
Lane HO

I haven't read the sites yet (loading) but I still think beer and red wine is good for you in moderation. Red wine for cappilaries and beer to help remove kidney stones.

Interesting though.. I often browse through TBB. I certainly won't be drinking as much now.

Last edited by One Drone; 09-06-2005 at 02:02 AM.
One Drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 02:06 AM   #34
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I think the tax on alcohol W.E.T (wine equalisation) or something, is 40%, plus there is GST also.

I work in a bottleshop part time and I find it tempting to have a traveller here and there, or buy a 6 pack when a new beer arrives. I generally make it a rule to not have more than 1 or 2 beers on a weeknight, and basically I take whatever alcohol I want to drink for the night where I am going on the weekend, or I leave my eftpos card at home when I want to go out to the pub/club. I'm only 23 and I can't recover from a bad hangover like I did when I was 16-20, takes me longer to be right. I think most people binge drink at some stage in their early adult life, it's just the people who forget how to have a good time sober, or can't stop when they should that get worse and tumble into alcoholism. I made a conscious decision when I went back to uni this year that I would limit my 'massive' nights, and so far I have done that, and can't be happier with the way I treat alcohol. The key is to try to develop good habits when you are young and they will hold you in good stead as you grow older.

So in my opinion, alcohol is fine, it's just the consumer who can be the problem, and ultimately that is in every individual's own hands.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:46 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True MickyB. Ive limited mine aswell due to work and being at CIT (Canberra Institute of Technology) equivalent of TAFE. Im sooo sticking to a few beers now not from the reading the alchohol because i knew pretty much all of it anyways but basically to save a few bucks to put towards a new car. Lucky for me i havent done anything i regret as a result from being smashed cause i usually can know what im doing still. Only been real bad maybe 1 2 or 3 times. I can have plenty of fun sober.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #36
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Advice usually does fall on deaf ears unless its sought for a specific reason.

I don't drink and drive, never have and never will...