Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #31
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Copped a fine from the EPA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
I'm no angel, and may have on occasion done some slightly illegal things in my previous years! One thing i, or any of my mates have not done is damage any one elses property, cause any type of harm to any one else but our selves, or stole anything from any one else. I was brought up with good morals, and to respect other people, and other peoples property. I'd like to think the same goes for a big majority of people that visit AFF.

I couldn't really give a XXXX if someone threw maccas out the window. Someone else just has to clean it up. A couch, TV, concrete rubble.... dumped in the bush, someone else just has to clean it up.
Actually the maccas rubbish landing on some ones lawn is causing them harm (minor I know) but I tell ya, my frontage is 100m wide and that captures a lot of fast food soft drink and and beer bottles.

As for the rubbish in the bush, who's the some one who's going to clean it up?

its just ******* disgusting

a lot of the time the building and demo rubble you see in the bush also contains Asbestos, I'd say that potentially causes some one harm

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2016, 10:31 PM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
Sounds like Australia is on it's way to becoming a Nazi Germany to me with all this crap of dobbing in people.

Only a cop should deal with such things, not rubbish of what some fool believes or try's to make out and then you have to deal with such total moronic clowns who think they are the law.

Want to be cops that could not cut the grade if they tried.

Depends what people are throwing out. Small rubbish out the window of a car is a scumbag act, but its a bit much to report someone with no proof. But if they are dumping large items that cannot be put in a regular bin, then **** them I will report them.

Some low POS dumped 500kgs of concrete on my vacant block, guess who footed the bill to clean it up?
I was quoted about $200 for a rubbish company to remove it. Instead I hired a jackhammer broke it up myself in the middle of summer, loaded it onto the ute and drove it to the tip. Luckily I had a free tipping voucher because it would of been about $130 tipping fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post

I couldn't really give a XXXX if someone threw macas out the window. Someone else just has to clean it up. A couch, TV, concrete rubble.... dumped in the bush, someone else just has to clean it up.
I hope someone dumps a large item on your land then, no big deal just clean it up.
Why should people be responsible for their own crap.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #33
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

Righto, point missed. I do give a hoot if any thing is chucked out the window, any where, any place!
The comparison i was trying to give was between that, and something that is far more destructive. Like a butt out the window that has the potential to kill.
No need to dump on me!
Gypzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #34
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I understand a ciggy can be quite hazardous, but I now get quite angry with people dumping anything after my experience. I have always known it was not the right thing to do, but now it makes me angry after being on the receiving end of illegal dumping.

When someone throws a ciggy out the window at night and get an orange shower all over my front window I just highbeam the idiot, but only if I am certain it was them.
I'm sure most of them can't join the dots and are probably wondering why I am flashing them.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #35
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

Our Rates and Tax's help pay for rubbish to be removed. Dumpers are making the non dumpers pay more. We also have to pay for rubbish to be collected from storm-water drains. And the infrastructure to remove it. Large items in the bush ? always a hazard for those who have to remove it. Your old Lounge may have a snake under it, sharp objects or asbestos can still injure or kill someone who cleans it up. We ALL pay for idiots that dump rubbish. Directly or indirectly we still all pay.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #36
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Depends what people are throwing out. Small rubbish out the window of a car is a scumbag act, but its a bit much to report someone with no proof. But if they are dumping large items that cannot be put in a regular bin, then **** them I will report them.

Some low POS dumped 500kgs of concrete on my vacant block, guess who footed the bill to clean it up?
I was quoted about $200 for a rubbish company to remove it. Instead I hired a jackhammer broke it up myself in the middle of summer, loaded it onto the ute and drove it to the tip. Luckily I had a free tipping voucher because it would of been about $130 tipping fee.

I hope someone dumps a large item on your land then, no big deal just clean it up.
Why should people be responsible for their own crap.
Sure it is, tossing butts out the window is everywhere in QLD such people start fires that could kill people.
We have people out bush 4x4 driving tossing crap out the window, I see this crap everywhere.
I have seen a big heap of asbestos just dumped out in the bush as well.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2016, 09:26 PM   #37
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Throwing butts out the window shows how absolutely brain dead those pigs are. So they can ruin their car by smoking in it but they're too precious to dirty their ashtray or carry an ash tray cup? Idiots.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2016, 12:06 PM   #38
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems to be going off topic a bit.

If you did not do it, especially of you don't even smoke, just dispute it and state your reason for disputing it.

Then follow the processes required.

Don't admit to something that you have never done or would never do.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #39
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
If you did not do it, especially of you don't even smoke, just dispute it and state your reason for disputing it.
There's no guarantee that will get you off. Have seen statements from EPA spokesperson/environment minister to the effect that where a credible witness testifies against you in court, the onus will be on the accused to prove the offence didn't occur, completely contrary to basic legal principles of the prosecution having to prove the offence. They also make it clear that if you lose in court, you may have EPA's costs awarded against you (potentially into the thousands).
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #40
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
There's no guarantee that will get you off. Have seen statements from EPA spokesperson/environment minister to the effect that where a credible witness testifies against you in court, the onus will be on the accused to prove the offence didn't occur, completely contrary to basic legal principles of the prosecution having to prove the offence. They also make it clear that if you lose in court, you may have EPA's costs awarded against you (potentially into the thousands).
Seems like it is accepted these days that your guilty until proven innocent. Similar with the hoon laws, your car is impounded and your punished before your found quilty of a crime
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #41
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Seems to be going off topic a bit.

Then follow the processes required.

Don't admit to something that you have never done or would never do.
I'm guessing the problem with this defence is that even if you don't smoke, the butt still can come from the ops car.

He will need to get the brief and find out exactly what the witness statement says before going to court, if the op does take it further to court.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2016, 04:00 PM   #42
Wagon ba
Starter Motor

I got a fine for the same thing. The taxi had GPS and said i was never near St Kilda. EPA said to bring the evidence to court and contest it. Found out the person who complained only had the numbers not the first letter of the rego and they said it was a sedan, i drove a wagon. They dont check properly, they just get a complaint and send out a fine. Its the only time your guilty until proven innocent.
Wagon ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #43
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've reported a moronic butt thrower in the past and would do so again.

I have a dash cam and when I made the report on the website I made mention I can show video proof.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 05:23 PM   #44
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post

I have a dash cam and when I made the report on the website I made mention I can show video proof.
Well done. Did you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Old 11-05-2016, 05:24 PM   #45
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon ba View Post
I got a fine for the same thing. The taxi had GPS and said i was never near St Kilda. EPA said to bring the evidence to court and contest it. Found out the person who complained only had the numbers not the first letter of the rego and they said it was a sedan, i drove a wagon. They dont check properly, they just get a complaint and send out a fine. Its the only time your guilty until proven innocent.
There are other examples, speed cameras being the most obvious.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 05:35 PM   #46
qdda5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS View Post
Why would you say that?,
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #47
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:

Well done mr plastic policeman
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2016, 07:47 PM   #48
qdda5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shadow View Post
Theres a stupid attitude right there. Had a twat throw a butt out the window and it managed to land on my sons lap in the baby seat. Burnt his leg and almost caused an accident.
Well done with that response. Wake up you idiot. People that do the wrong thing deserve to be fined. If you have video proof hand it in .
qdda5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #49
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
i,m not one to dob in someone, but throwing butts is a serious problem.
and i don,t think you see the point of the dobbing in a butt thrower. and how could the police themselves, police this problem?

i,ll spell it out for you. people live in houses, people own heaps and heaps of stuff, pets and livestock. lots of properties are in treed areas. they can burn and burn all possessions and take life. it has happened in the past.
all because some knuckle head throws a butt out the window.

in my area in 2000 7 houses burnt down , and they say the fire was deliberately lit. if you get caught throwing a butt in this area and many others, just watch out, its taken very seriously. im not saying it was caused from a butt, its just that they are sensitive to this problem, as it can directly affect them and others.

but i see your in sydney, so you will be fine, living in your rathole apartment
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #50
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a woman turn into the shops was in front of me I followed her she stops half way in the driveway I am stuck half way out on a busy road she then throws her butt out 2 empty plastic coke bottles and some junkfood paper wrappers if I had a dashcam I would have reported her . ironically parks her car right in front of a rubbish bin.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 09:19 PM   #51
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
and i don,t think you see the point of the dobbing in a butt thrower. and how could the police themselves, police this problem?

i,ll spell it out for you. people live in houses, people own heaps and heaps of stuff, pets and livestock. lots of properties are in treed areas. they can burn and burn all possessions and take life. it has happened in the past.

in my area in 2000 7 houses burnt down , and they say the fire was deliberately lit. if you get caught throwing a butt in this area and many others, just watch out, its taken very seriously. im not saying it was caused from a butt, its just that they are sensitive to this problem, as it can directly affect them and others.

That's all good and well, but the dobbing mentality govco wants to put in place via schemes like this sets a dangerous precedent. It makes a mockery of innocent until proven guilty at best and at worst can turn the entire population into a bunch of secret police stooges, not all that dissimilar to East Germany.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #52
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
That's all good and well, but the dobbing mentality govco wants to put in place via schemes like this sets a dangerous precedent. It makes a mockery of innocent until proven guilty at best and at worst can turn the entire population into a bunch of secret police stooges, not all that dissimilar to East Germany.
i totally get that, and its a bit of a problematic system, but what can you do?
Old 11-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #53
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i totally get that, and its a bit of a problematic system, but what can you do?
Ban smoking in all vehicles
Old 11-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #54
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shadow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
Like more info?

This was on the M1 between Wollongong and Sydney which I travel for work. Have more than once been delayed and detoured due to... yep... bushfires.

Do I feel warm and fuzzy inside? not as warm and fuzzy as a cigarette ignited bushfire.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:40 PM   #55
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Ban smoking in all vehicles
Charging $40 per pack of durries might work? We will see in a few short years.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #56
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Charging $40 per pack of durries might work? We will see in a few short years.
thats not far away paid $30 for a 25 pack the other day. And for those wondering l have an ashtray in my car, does it stink yes but l have baking soda and ambi-pur to help.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2016, 08:07 PM   #57
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing happened to me and I don't smoke either
If you refute the claim, the EPA will ask the witness to appear in court. If they decline , as they did in my case, the fine will be withdrawn and that will be the end of it
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 06:10 AM   #58
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Possible one of the three other passengers in the car threw it out the window? The person reporting you to the EPA would of reported the vehicle registration plate, so the fine comes to you. Doesnt mean they saw you do it, it may have been a passenger?

Also it could of been a bit of a wrapper of a gum packet or something.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #59
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qdda5
Why would you say that?,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx
Like more info?

This was on the M1 between Wollongong and Sydney which I travel for work. Have more than once been delayed and detoured due to... yep... bushfires.

Do I feel warm and fuzzy inside? not as warm and fuzzy as a cigarette ignited bushfire.
While I agree with you guys, we should dob in these idiots who throw butts there is no need to boast on about it like one of those new age sensitive pansie types. Great you alerted the authorities and well done, I would of done the same but keep it to yourself.
Old 13-05-2016, 11:46 AM   #60
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
While I agree with you guys, we should dob in these idiots who throw butts there is no need to boast on about it like one of those new age sensitive pansie types. Great you alerted the authorities and well done, I would of done the same but keep it to yourself.
**** you. i was trying to talk about a serious problem.

Last edited by GasoLane; 13-05-2016 at 02:06 PM.
2 users like this post: