Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2006, 10:15 PM   #31
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

tis not blind - i will go you one better and say the current typhoon would probably beat it....i still think it looks better than one though, its just my opinion.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #32
McobraR
me may my mo

The front end looks soo much like the BF GT. But is that a bad thing? nope! looks freakin noice!!!!!!!!. Dont like the tail lights tho.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #33
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

HSV stylists have lost the plot.

UGLY.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

UGLY.
I must say after all the hype about VE first, then VE HSV i feel let down.... again.

Old 15-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #35
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That rear end looks very....boring...and they couldve put a curve in those side vents as well for a more sleeker blended in look...doesnt look right in those photos......

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #36
67XRT

Default HSV conspiracy theory

Is it just me or are all the forums with new HSV E series pics getting difficult to access. LS1 just shut down a thread and removed pics????

took three attempts to open a post for this thread. Do HSV lawyers troll the forums?,,,,,,
67XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #37
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
I think it looks FUGGIN HOT!! :
Um, ok... :

Looks better, but still ugly.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #38
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i seriously doubt atleast 5 of the FF regs on here would have been impressed no matter what hsv brought out. Im glad some of you have more than one eye
Old 15-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #39
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

U-G-L-Y you aint got no lullaby , IT'S UGLY!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #40
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUB
i seriously doubt atleast 5 of the FF regs on here would have been impressed no matter what hsv brought out. Im glad some of you have more than one eye
I would, I've always been unbaised about this stuff. I am far from a one-eyed Ford fan and deep down I'm still a Mitsubishi fan, just try not to let it show to often. I just have my opinion, no matter the badge. In my opinion it's ugly, very ugly. I tried to sugarcoat it by saying it's an improvement, but it still looks shocking. But, that's just my opinion.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:47 PM   #41
freaky

I'll wait till I see it in the flesh. Pics are too small. Need to see the angles.

Doesnt look bad though, at the same time my jaw isnt dropping either with excitement either.
freaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #42
Danny
GT4.

I hear from my mate at HSV that In the flesh that it's absolutely stunning, and this is merely a bad pic..
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #43
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
I tell you what, HSV's styling as gone down hill since 1998. The VT HSV series is the most cohesive (sp?) design I have seen, and looks way better than the "Plastic-not-so-Fantastic"(tm) of recent versions.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:53 PM   #44
Steve
torque is your friend

Although it's only a fairly small picture, I like it heaps. Don't like the tail lights and the fog light area though. I can't believe they managed to keep it at the weight they have. These things are gonna be quiiiiiiiiiick.
Old 15-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #45
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Um, ok... :

Looks better, but still ugly.
thats your opinion which is fine, i think the current range of FPV are tacky, boy racer, nasty cheap looking "cars". i think judging by these pics HSV have given the car some presence without the tackiness of the FPV and the Y Series HSV's. But then again my opinion and as they say, opinons are like......
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:55 PM   #46
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I tell you what, HSV's styling as gone down hill since 1998. The VT HSV series is the most cohesive (sp?) design I have seen, and looks way better than the "Plastic-not-so-Fantastic"(tm) of recent versions.
You beat me to it!
You know, ive been trying real hard to think of a HSV i liked and i must say i genuinely thought the VT series designed flowed and looked part of the car, and was a superb looking vehicle, every body kit after that looks cheaper tacky, "boy racerish" and at ods with the rest of the vehicle im sorry to say.

Old 15-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #47
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thats your opinion which is fine, i think the current range of FPV are tacky, boy racer, nasty cheap looking "cars". i think judging by these pics HSV have given the car some presence without the tackiness of the FPV and the Y Series HSV's. But then again my opinion and as they say, opinons are like......
Ironically HSV has made a mighty fine living by producing tacky "boy racer" style cars for a long time...

Old 15-08-2006, 10:56 PM   #48
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

Quote:
i agree with that, the vz clubby looks like a leggo car to me - hence why i have stuck with the vx shape (well, that and $$)...but this thing looks quite good - not sure about the fog lights, but im sure in the flesh these things are going to be sweet especially in darker colours.
Old 15-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #49
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Only pics mate, im not overjoyed but i will wait until i see it in person, i'm sure it will get along quite well and be a hoot to drive.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #50
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

I dont mind it. Bit confused how the lights at the back are different though? Cant really see much from the picture.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #51
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
boy racer
??? :
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #52
billyb35

When the BA falcon came out my mates used to say, it looks hot but doesn't look like a Falcon.

That has been my general opinion of this new Holden. For the past 10 years Holden has evolved the shape of the VS Commodore into VT then to VX etc etc. This is completely AU-to-BA different and I think I like it. Besides the goofy pumped guards, this could be a quite cool Commodore.

But it will always be a aspirational car for bogans no matter how hard it trys to be a chic euro wannabe.
billyb35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #53
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I hope you can fit SS tail lights to that...

Disgraceful.

Never was a fan of the VE rear but love the front, why cant holden ever get it right??
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #54
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

cant fit ss tailights to it no, the hsv's have different panels for the first time in ages
Old 15-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #55
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM

UGLY.
I agree. I've heard alot of hype about the VE HSV's but that is terrible. Those taillights are total crap. I expected a lot more, they are getting worse with each and every model they release. They seem to be that desperate to make them look different from the SS but they have taken it too far and it looks worse than the SS. Will go like stink though, but only 7 kw more is also a bit of a dissapointment as every one was saying 310. FPV should take note of the bigger rear tyres, its one thing they have done right.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #56
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
cant fit ss tailights to it no, the hsv's have different panels for the first time in ages
Are you sure?

It looks like theres just a plastic insert above the tailight and that if you removed it and the tail lamp you could fit a proper one.

Looks like a VRX Lancer with those lights. :party3:
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #57
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb35
When the BA falcon came out my mates used to say, it looks hot but doesn't look like a Falcon.

That has been my general opinion of this new Holden. For the past 10 years Holden has evolved the shape of the VS Commodore into VT then to VX etc etc. This is completely AU-to-BA different and I think I like it. Besides the goofy pumped guards, this could be a quite cool Commodore.

But it will always be a aspirational car for bogans no matter how hard it trys to be a chic euro wannabe.
Holden didn't evolve anything. Opel was guilty of that. The Opel Omega is the car that was rebadged Commodore over the years, the 1995 Omega being 1997's VT, the VE being the first Commodore ever not to be a rebadged Opel, it is fully Australian design, hence its obvious total deviation from its Opel Omega heritage.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #58
XR8putts

Bah, I feel under-whelmed, much like the VE launch.

HSV have let the team down, those rear lights are shocking. Not being cocky or stupid, but being in architecture, even I think I could do a better job of the taillights.

FPV should easily maintain their grwoth, F6 and rumoured Force6 and Force8s will eat into HSV, even more. Then theres the BF2 FPVs out in October.

Poor show HSV.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #59
WASP
Whipple Induced

I need to see better pictures than that, but my first impressions was that HSV have overworked the design. I'm a fan of the VE so far but I think the SSV actually looks better at this stage.

I was expecting more than 304kW's as well. Damn it that probably means FPV will sit on it's hands again with the 290..
Old 15-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #60
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
I have to agree with you there as well. The bodykit on the VT HSVs was aggressive but suited the car. On the VX, the side skirts and rear bumper looked good, but the front bumper was too angular for my liking. As for the VY, it was shocking. The front bumper looked like they tried to stick about half a dozen seperate pieces of plastic together, with none of them fitting. The rest of the bodykit was nearly as bad. The VZ was an improvement, as the front bumper looked more cohesive. As for the VE (or e-series as they call it - just wrong), it's still ugly. Those taillights are terrible. They don't seem to suit the car at all.

In response to LSTerritoryGhia. I'd say SS taillights would fit. The bootlid and rear guards look the same as Commodore. You'd just need to replace the bumper as the bumper would match up to the taillights in a different way.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post