Old 18-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #31
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

fresh water leads to trouble but salt water is much worse
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #32
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Left Foot, Right Foot, Left Foot, Right Foot, Left Foot, Right Foot.

IE. Walk away especially at that price. $23,000 for a BA it would want to be IMMACULATE!! you can get BF's for $23,000!!

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #33
Turbotory
SYTTG

Just remember, that tag of "Repairable Write Off" Will always be with the car. When you go to sell it a few years down the track there will be someone questioning you about the car and demanding a massive discount. Not worth the heartache in my opinion. Hard enough to sell a normal car these days!
Turbotory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #34
ltd
Force Fed Fords

OMFG I know that car. About three weeks ago it was towed in to Dale Ford and it was some lebbo's who wanted it done cheap because it wouldn't start. They'd repaired it themselves and had even done a dodgy intercooler on it. My mate who works there advised me to keep my G6 turbo away whilst they were around unless I wanted heaps of parts to go missing.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #35
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotory
Just remember, that tag of "Repairable Write Off" Will always be with the car. When you go to sell it a few years down the track there will be someone questioning you about the car and demanding a massive discount. Not worth the heartache in my opinion. Hard enough to sell a normal car these days!
not true. in Qld at least a WOVI passed car is only logged for 12 months..

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #36
gust98

mate i dont no what all the fuss is i quite frequent the savage auction to buy cars to wreck and a car is writen off because panel shops just want to much money to repair cars as they are forced to use new parts i have at the moment a AU 3 SR 2002 it has an unmark interior the damage on the car was so slight that it took 4 hr to repair no paint need and unmark it had a cracked hamonic blancer a broken fan belt and tensioner and needed new set of fans and front bar cliped back up i didnt have to take radiator off and air con was full of gas it has 110k new tyres and drives like a new car and that is a repairable ride off i got that for $1300 rwc $60 got it taken of wovi $450 12 months reg $700 so i have a car thats worth around 8k for $2500 i drive it for 12 month and when it comes of the register i will then sell it i find and have been doing this for some ten years plus now and know that you should never buy anything from anyone unless you are 100% happy with what you buy and to go and buy a second hand car from a car yard you would have to be mad or plane stuipid people trade car because of 3 reasons 1 it has to many k's on it 2 its a lemond 3 it been crashed but in my oppinion a crashed car was a car the owner didnt want to get rid off but in saying all this their are some real doggie guys out their
gust98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #37
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by gust98
mate i dont no what all the fuss is i quite frequent the savage auction to buy cars to wreck and a car is writen off because panel shops just want to much money to repair cars as they are forced to use new parts i have at the moment a AU 3 SR 2002 it has an unmark interior the damage on the car was so slight that it took 4 hr to repair no paint need and unmark it had a cracked hamonic blancer a broken fan belt and tensioner and needed new set of fans and front bar cliped back up i didnt have to take radiator off and air con was full of gas it has 110k new tyres and drives like a new car and that is a repairable ride off i got that for $1300 rwc $60 got it taken of wovi $450 12 months reg $700 so i have a car thats worth around 8k for $2500 i drive it for 12 month and when it comes of the register i will then sell it i find and have been doing this for some ten years plus now and know that you should never buy anything from anyone unless you are 100% happy with what you buy and to go and buy a second hand car from a car yard you would have to be mad or plane stuipid people trade car because of 3 reasons 1 it has to many k's on it 2 its a lemond 3 it been crashed but in my oppinion a crashed car was a car the owner didnt want to get rid off but in saying all this their are some real doggie guys out their

Wow.
Heirs sum advies 4 yuo clix ther lixn 2 laern buccause everi1 hayts a bad spoeler i said everi1 hayts a bad speler cause its lyke mistabashion with a cheisse grayter sort of ammmuuussing butt sort of payneful yeah u no wot i meen.
http://www.dailyblogtips.com/how-to-...ion-correctly/
Study point 8, hard.

Quote:
Powered by GE

Last edited by ltd; 19-03-2009 at 09:17 AM.
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #38
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cant believe people are comparing written off AUs to written off XR6 Turbos?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #39
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can someone show me where you can get BF turbos for 23k? with leather interior ... front mount.. exhaust etc.. as was claimed earlier in this thread...

before i bought my non turbo XR.. i never saw any BF's under 26k-27k.. stock standard

maybe things are cheaper down south... i dunno
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #40
seduced_xr
BF XR6

my car went on the repairable write off. im trying to get rid of it now as its never the same. any1 who rekons they are 100% the same is the lier. k thanks.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #41
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
can someone show me where you can get BF turbos for 23k? with leather interior ... front mount.. exhaust etc.. as was claimed earlier in this thread...

before i bought my non turbo XR.. i never saw any BF's under 26k-27k.. stock standard

maybe things are cheaper down south... i dunno
mate ive seen BF XR8s going for around 24 over here in the west and i did see a 14 000km bf 2 xr6 turbo premo sound climate 6 speed leather.. the lot going for 26.
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #42
The Monty
Just slidin'

Just because yours isnt the same, doesnt mean everyone else is a liar. Thats the most rediculous comment Ive read on this forum.
It would be good to see if you can get a list of the XR6t on why it was written off, and ask for details on what was fixed, and how. Have a look at the repairs, and take someone else to look as well, youll know if they are dodgy.
Old 19-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #43
Dezza
Parts bin special

That pic I posted on the previous page, I forgot to say that was at 148,000kms. The EA is now up to 285,000kms and the original engine, despite leaking a little oil is still going strong. Sure, panel gaps around the front aren't quite the same but it's not too bad.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #44
jaysway

lebbo from bankstown selling the car.. theres your first reason to stay well away
jaysway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 11:49 PM   #45
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Have you looked here??

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #46
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check the auctions too, there was a BF on tuesday that went for about that price, lowish kms, leather
Wasnt an ex-cop car either.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #47
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

we repair a lot of cars and resell. mainly FPV's and XR's ect. we put a lot of pride in our work and most people wouldnt even pick that there has been damage on the cars. mind you we dont repair big hitters just light damaged cars.
we offer pics to people inspecting the cars for sale aswell as allowing independant reports done. we repair them correctly and dont have any issues. but the main thing we do on ALL our ads selling them is to tell the people who are looking that it has been damaged. IMO if the sellers hides the fact its been damaged then they could be hiding a lot more.
personally if they are not prepared to show you photos ect then walk away.

for me the issue is when should a car be classed as a repairable write off?? a stolen & recovered car that is recovered totally untouched after insurance has been paid out is listed as a repairable write off just because insurance has paid out. but a $100,000 BMW can have a huge hit that needs rails , roof 2 doors half a floor ect cost $40k to repair and because its repaired under insurance just gets repaired and any future buyers are none the wiser!!
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #48
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Repairable write offs in S.A, I'm very familiar with. I actually do suspension reports for regency park so these cars can be re-regoed.

I can tell you, that these cars have to be spot on in the suspension department. From experience, you can tell from suspension readings, whether some part of the body is twisted or the suspension. You may not actually see it by eye, but it's there. If it's knackers, I tell the repair to go back and fix it until it's right.

As for panel gappings and alikes. I see daily's of the same era, that are worse than these repaired write offs. Even with the suspension settings. I won't get into how much of a pig they are to drive.

So the short of it all. If you can get it cheap enough, jump at it. 9 times out of 10, these repaired write offs are better than a daily to drive and appearance.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #49
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Irregardless of whether repaired write offs are good, bad or indifferent, this particular vehicle should be kept well away from for the fact that it has been sighted. For further info the OP should ring Dale Ford service dept and quote the rego and chassis number to be filled in on the details of the repair, and the problems that the car currently has (like when it was brought in to Ford on a tow truck). Also, there are people at Ford who worked on the aforementioned car and can attest to the panel beating, damage and the poor quality of the repairs. Apparently the vehicle was fixed in one of the people that own it's home garage. Dale Fords phone number is 8700 0100.

Quote: