Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Also you might be unfortunate enough to have a tyre size like 165/70/13 like Mum's car, there is pretty much 0 good grippy tyres in that size.
Old 15-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #32
KYSBF

Unhappy

No excuse, the driver of a car on bald tyres, or one that has any other compromised safety aspect is irresponsible.
No time is a cop out, how many times a week would you walk around your car to get in it even? Bad back?
As far having your car serviced at a workshop and thats the excuse why you don't check, if they don't pick up a bald tyre and not tell you I would be looking for a new workshop! If they did advise and no action was taken, the onus is back on the driver/owner.
Be responsible for yourself and remember it's a PRIVILEGE to drive and do the right thing.

My 2 bobs worth.
Old 15-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #33
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tyres dont get bald over night....

I see many cars with plastic taped over their windows because its been smashed, rear windows especially. yet these people will drive them for weeks without replacing it... even leaving their cars in the rain.

Tonight I went for a walk to shop with the dog....

EL wagon on footpath... windows wide open, rear wiper broken, bald tyres...
Whats his excuse?
Too busy to wind me windows im guessing..

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 15-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYSBF
No time is a cop out, how many times a week would you walk around your car to get in it even? Bad back?
What if its an inner wear problem (Fords scrub the inner front tyres, holdens scrub the inner back tyres). Like others have said most people aren't car people. Just because someone drives a pricey car doesn't mean they have a clue about it.
Old 15-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #35
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Reminds me to get some tyre's for the Mrs's car ....... hardly worth a thread though.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread