Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #31
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
So far though ... these vids are impressive with the stress testing.
And to tow 5T ... around an oval track ... at full throttle ... and keeping the trailer/load in-line and nice and settled is a big task indeed.

Keeping the trailer in line is an effortless job as it is handled by the Ford Trailer Sway Control feature. As soon as the trailer thinks of misbehaving the truck puts an end to that. It's available on the whole line of F-trucks.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/04...uper-duty.html

As far as NVH with the Ford V6 engines, these things are nothing like V6's of yesterday. Well, even yesterday was pretty good, depending on what you consider yesterday.

I have a 1996 Mercury Sable with the 3.0L 24V Duratec engine, and you couldn't ask for a smoother running engine. And at idle it's so smooth you can't even think of it as an internal combustion engine.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #32
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Cool vids, can't wait to see the tear down.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm i dunno , i think it may be selling the the log pulling short, its still a 3 ton dead weight pulling up a 10% incline, no doubt the EB is a good banger but i don`t know if its ahead of the f6 engine in the power stakes, it seems to be the consensus that the f6 puts out more than the badge, imagine if our inline was direct injected !, the trailer test was impressive, but the extreme dyno and tempreture test was pretty amazeing imo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #34
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Episode 3 also very good. Can't wait for the next one.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #35
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Loving these vids.. can't wait to see the EB Engine Smash the Chevy & Dodge in the next update.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #36
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Episode 4 "Head to Head" now available:
http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/expe...9m2n0p20101118
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
Sorry, not dubbed in.
Yes it was, they dubbed in a revving NASCAR V8 at the start and I'm not dissing the V6 ,
I just don't understand Ford doing that, it sends mixed messages when the V6 growl is all that's needed..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 PM   #38
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Episode 4 "Head to Head" now available:
http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/expe...9m2n0p20101118
wow that is one tough motor

cant wait to see the motor dropped into the full on racer to do the baha ( spelling ) that will be the test of tests i say because of the dust ect

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #39
GTP-03

lol, like the comment about how it would be nice to overtake a chev towing a trailer up a hill!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:20 AM   #40
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
wow that is one tough motor

cant wait to see the motor dropped into the full on racer to do the baha ( spelling ) that will be the test of tests i say because of the dust ect

Jason

It finished that race on November 18 I believe. Just waiting to finish editing footage. The Ford company had two trucks in the race, the one with the EcoBoost being one of them. The other truck did not finish the race because it did not make it to a check point in time. It had needed a rack-and-pinion unit replaced in the field. The EcoBoost engined truck finished the race, which was the goal after everything the engine had been through, and a turbo'd engine in such a dusty situation.

The racing F-150 has a roll cage and other safety modifications required for racing. It also has reworked suspension, wheels and tires to better handle the race course’s extremely rough terrain. But the race will be a significant test for the stock 365-horsepower engine, which will have to withstand repeated cycles of full-throttle acceleration followed by hard deceleration and temperatures ranging from near freezing to above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It will be competing against trucks with custom-built engines running on specially blended fuels and generating as much as 800 horsepower.

The point-to-point race from Ensenada to La Paz, Mexico, starts Thursday, Nov. 18 and Ford says it expects to take about 30 hours to finish. Last year fewer than half the competitors reached the finish line.

Here's a video of the engine being pulled out of the regular truck and dropped into the Baja truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IzBd9xZO8

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 12-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #41
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Yes it was, they dubbed in a revving NASCAR V8 at the start and I'm not dissing the V6 ,
I just don't understand Ford doing that, it sends mixed messages when the V6 growl is all that's needed..
Ah, I see what you mean. At the start, yes, while they are showing the race cars on the trailer that is being pulled. There is no attempt to make you think that is the EcoBoost engine making that sound. It is purely for ambiance of the race track and race cars. That's why the sound is played while you are looking at the race cars on the trailer. Yes, everyone (at least in the US which is the target market) knows what a NASCAR race car sounds like. That's what threw me, I knew what they were doing at that point with the race car sound so I didn't think they were trying to convince me that this was the sound of the truck.

Steve

Wife's 1966 Mustang

and more!
Old 12-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #42
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

there is more than one clip in that series where the engine sounds like a V8, either that or someone has just invented the sweetest sounding V6 exhaust in history.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #43
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

after seeing the last test even if you were a die hard chrysler ,chevy boy, you`d have to conceed the eco boost is a pearler.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #44
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
after seeing the last test even if you were a die hard chrysler ,chevy boy, you`d have to conceed the eco boost is a pearler.

yep agreed

wonder what it would be like if we got that in a falcon ( still rwd )

i could see it kicking some ripper ***

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #45
jandj

Awesome engine,I wonder if ford aus is looking at this engine for the falcon ute/sedan.I belive we get the Ecoboost 4 cylinder next year in the sedan,always good to give the consumer options.
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post