Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are you guys whinging about, the XF owner obviously understood the situation.
His car has old technology brakes so he sits directly behind a heavier vehicle with softer metal and newer technology brakes.

If a skippy or moo cattle appears and the front vehicle brakes then the XF will use it as a braking shield to absorb the initial impact.

The true genius of this is that no one would notice yet another SV8 with damage all over it, while the XF would just have a few paint marks on it's front bumper.
I take it that the XF was a completly different color to help identifiy the paint marks more easily when buffing them off.......

Seriously, XF guy is dropkick.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

maybe xf guy thinks his car brakes and handles as good as his ego
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
What are you guys whinging about, the XF owner obviously understood the situation.
His car has old technology brakes so he sits directly behind a heavier vehicle with softer metal and newer technology brakes.

If a skippy or moo cattle appears and the front vehicle brakes then the XF will use it as a braking shield to absorb the initial impact.

The true genius of this is that no one would notice yet another SV8 with damage all over it, while the XF would just have a few paint marks on it's front bumper.
I take it that the XF was a completly different color to help identifiy the paint marks more easily when buffing them off.......

Seriously, XF guy is dropkick.

Well if it's roo country and somebody wants to flush the roos out for you, let them do it, but don't tailgate. I'm not so fussed about speeding, but tailgating and running red lights make my blood boil.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #4
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

his car had about 230,000 kms on it
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old XF Ghia was capable of mroe than 199, as in, as you may or may not know the digital readout goes to 199, and I was on 199 for quite a while...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Ha!! My mum's XF would be lucky to get to 70.

She doesn't look after it at all though...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #7
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

lol....
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
fordfuntastic
Banned

sorry repeated

Last edited by fordfuntastic; 15-07-2006 at 06:45 PM. Reason: repeat
fordfuntastic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
fordfuntastic
Banned

Bloody hell He was using you as a barge board shield and sittin behind ya doing 100? **** i had the same experience in my ride but I was doin 110. He stayed with me through bordertown sa and over took me! Couldnt see him after that because I stuck to the speed limit as law abiding citizen . I say let them pass so that you wont see them again! Caught up to this guy 4 hours later 678kms down the road. What the? He had a bling of a bullbar that looks the part. Some sort of shaker and intake bonnet scoop and the car sittin low down to the road.

Lucky it doesnt have xygtho suspension parts. LOL Or does it? Turns out suspension parts tie rods lower arm and others are the same interchangeable units as is the entire x series. Ball joints are also identical. Castor bushes and others. So next time theres a gt xy shaker behind you with cast iron calipers then whats the HO really mean with lots more "talk" to it? (HP or kwatts to teenagers)

Check out the part numbers for suspension here

http://www.falcongt.com.au/Shopping/...categories.asp

Last edited by fordfuntastic; 15-07-2006 at 06:34 PM.
fordfuntastic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post