Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #31
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Hmm but what sort of illegal act to commit?

I suppose you could put your car directly in front of their cars to force them to try end miss you but you would have to be careful that you were not so stupid as to put your car so close that they actually hit you.

And of course you could throw litter and noxious chemicals all over there cars.

And maybe break into their cars and try to sabotage them or interfere with the passengers and driver.

Are these the sort of illegal acts you are talking about?
Or you could just sink them :

But your obviously right, so I'll give up now
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #32
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes true Dallas but the point I was making was just because someone says they have laid claim to somewhere does not automatically make their claim valid or even indisputable.

The ONLY difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter is which side of the fence you are seeing them from......
Agreed Tony, and to quote from a bond movie- One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

Go forward
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Or you could just sink them :

But your obviously right, so I'll give up now
How do you sink a car?

I am talking about theoretical criminal acts that may be committed in a hypothetical confrontation between a ford enthusiast and holden bogans.

You must have got this confused with ACTUAL criminal acts committed by terrorists on the high seas.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #34
XR8putts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
This stance by NZ is disgraceful, as is its lack of support for Peter Bethune.
Please.

Pete Bethune has only pulled this stunt to try and make people forget he killed a fisherman (or was it two?) whilst speeding around in his boat trying to set a new world record. The man is a killer.

As a proud Kiwi, I hope the Japanese lock him up an throw away the key.

There is a reason the government won't step in, because he is clearly in the wrong. He should have persued legal avenues and protest, not taken a weapon and illegally tresspassed onto other people's property in the middle of the ocean.

On the issue at hand, I like whales and wish no one wanted to hunt them. However there are nations out there that just see them as food, like we see cows. The people of India don't eat cows, you don't see them telling us not to eat them do you.

It's an unfortunate situation, but the only one breaking laws are the ones anti-whaling 'protestors'.

Our government is pushing for a comprimise, which is far from ideal but they believe the 'ban all whaling' approach has failed over and over. I say good on them fro trying something different.
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #35
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe we don't want to be seen to be aiding terrorists and wish to use the correct legal channels.

We have laid claim huh?

Like Saddam Hussain laid claim to Kuwait or Stalin laid claim to most of Western Asia or China laid claim to Tibet?

That sort of claim?
You're comparing a dictator who murdered hundreds of thousands to a country that has legally laid claim to territory...? Under the UN, our claim is recognised. Whether you chose to agree is irrellevant. Japan has signed up to the same treaty as we have, and are flouting it.

And what legal channels have we used? If the government stood up for our country we wouldn't need these 'terrorists' you speak of.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #36
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
You're comparing a dictator who murdered hundreds of thousands to a country that has legally laid claim to territory...? Under the UN, our claim is recognised. Whether you chose to agree is irrellevant. Japan has signed up to the same treaty as we have, and are flouting it.

And what legal channels have we used? If the government stood up for our country we wouldn't need these 'terrorists' you speak of.
There is only one country in the last 200 years that has ACTUALLY committed genocide.

So before you denounce others ask a Tasmanian Aborigine for his/her opinion.......
Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #37
Spudz27
Call me Spud

My theory on Westerners being so against whaling is all down to one thing. We as westerners see whales as friendly, intelligent and majestic animals/creatures. The Japanese may also see them this way but for centuries they have been eating whale (as our ancestors would once have done), we as Westerners see this as a taboo and so we frown upon it. We try to force our beleifs and new customs (until recently we too hunted whales) upon those who we feel are comitting this "taboo" act. I personally see no harm in what they are doing, so long as the species is not endangered and that if they become that way they at least help rejuvinate populations before hunting again. As I said just remember until 1978 we too hunted whale. Where I live there is a Whale World that shows the entire history of whaling (at least in Albany). It is an awesome place to visit and learn some history from.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 03:03 AM   #38
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

Quote:
How do you sink a car?
How???
This is one way to do it!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #39
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is only one country in the last 200 years that has ACTUALLY committed genocide.

So before you denounce others ask a Tasmanian Aborigine for his/her opinion.......
I don't understand how your argument has anything to do with this. Our claim to that territory is legal, and is internationaly recognised. Japan has also agreed to the UN law under which we have laid claim, however they are breaking it. Even if the whales were a pest, they are illegally fishing in our waters.

The Japan Whale Association claims in the southern hemisphere there are only 400 to 1400 blue whales left, a species they continue to hunt and 11,500 humpback whales in the western North Atlantic. Not exactly high numbers.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia
I don't understand how your argument has anything to do with this. Our claim to that territory is legal, and is internationaly recognised. Japan has also agreed to the UN law under which we have laid claim, however they are breaking it. Even if the whales were a pest, they are illegally fishing in our waters.

The Japan Whale Association claims in the southern hemisphere there are only 400 to 1400 blue whales left, a species they continue to hunt and 11,500 humpback whales in the western North Atlantic. Not exactly high numbers.
Then you have not read what I have written in the thread. I do not in any way support whaling by Japan or anyone else.

I also do not support in any way the use of terrorist tactics regardless of whether I support or do not support the cause.

Sea Shepherd are terrorists and pirates. Some believe that because they agree with the basic cause that Sea Shepherd is fighting that a "blind eye" should be used when observing them.

There are more people in the world than the entire population of Australia that believe that the basic causes of Al Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiyah are just and that they are not terrorists but fighters for truth and justice.
Does this make it true?

If the Japanese actions ARE actually illegal there there are correct channels through which this MUST be pursued.

What Sea Shepard is doing is no different to someone putting sugar in your petrol tank because they don't like you or your car and they think you are a dangerous hoon and of course hooning is illegal. They have seen you driving faster from a traffic light than they would so therefore you must be a danger to other road users.

Now if the person putting sugar in your petrol tank cut his finger on your petrol cap doing it should you be charged with negligence?