Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #31
zdcol71
zdcol71

To anybody who may think of defending this with "It's happened before" and "has nobody ever done anything stupid before"; and in deference to suggestions that idiots beget idiots, I wonder if these "people" for one instant gave thought to the grief and/or outrage their actions may have caused the family burying their dead son.
If in fact the family approved of this(which seems possible given that the same activity took place outside his home later),then I am lost for words.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the pic says it all.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Unfortunately it's Darwinian theory at work. I like to call the life cycle of Boganus Shackerus.
When you put two shackers (shack up with anyone, live in derelict housing i.e. shack) of extremely low intelligence together and they eventually figure out what their genitals are for, they breed. See the sum below for best description:

Shacker A (male) + Shacker B (female) = Shacker C + Cash Bonus.

Shacker C will now be raised in a culture of stupidity; akin to being inbred. It will grow up with a balanced attitude by having a chip on both shoulders. For its parents, they misconceive the notion of Nurture with Nature so grow plenty of plants. Usually however, this little attempt at horticulture gets dried up and smoked.

Neglected, abused and marginalised from day 1, shacker C experiences the world through the eyes of shacker A and shacker B, so grows up feeling contemptuous towards others that have been brought up in a loving home. Eventually, shacker C turns to a life of crime. Knowing the bad example of entitlement it's parents have set, shacker C begins to take on the lifestyle of the parents A and B. It reaches adolescence and starts the cycle all over again by finding shacker D. Again, this can be explained by the following sum:

Shacker C + Shacker D = Shacker E + Cash Bonus.

Mired by receipt of money for nothing, shacker C realises that if he manages to impregnate several females or rob enough businesses, it will then have enough funds to purchase a vehicle; typically a commodore. This would of course not be a late model commodore, it will be an old one where they're easy to steal parts for when it breaks. The first purchase on this vehicle to improve it won't be to replace bald tyres, or defective brakes; it will be on a stereo system where the shacker anthem - Jimmy Barnes' working class man album will be permanently installed. Ironically, shacker C and all of the shacker class seldom work, so the notion of "working class" is lost on them. Rather, they expect everything to be provided for by "Da Gummint".

And so on the cycle goes until artificial events such as a car crash break this little family's cycle. If we employ the theory of probabilities that 1 in every 4000 car journeys results in a crash, we can easily explain this transition from birth to feralness to untimely death.
Shacker C has reduced faculties by reason of stupidity, which mitigates the probability of an accident from 1 in every 4000, to 1 in every 1000 trips. Then, add a mix of Jimmy Barnes playing the Shackinal Anthem; divide probability by 2. Now every one in 500 trips results in a crash.
Add to the mix alcohol, divide by 50. Now every one in 10 trips results in a crash. Finally, add the police chasing shacker C so divide by 10. We're left with the result that shacker C in all probability WILL have an accident whenever he gets behind the wheel. Not having a crash when Shacker C gets behind the wheel is against the odds, and bucking the tried and tested theories of probability.

In this case as mentioned in the article, probability caught up with this little shacker.
His friends, similar in circumstance and mired by stupidity, don't have the vernacular to articulate their feelings so resort to the tribal burnout. They too know, that one day a tree will come rushing up to them, so wish to rage against the dying of the quintessential light (sorry Robert Frost); the cruelty of being an inbred moron on a fast lane to the cemetery.
So do you actually like working for an airline, or does it just make it easier for you to look down on others...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #34
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DIP S*&TS plain and simple

Who seriously does a burnout at a funeral regardless if were involved in motorsport???
Old 11-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #35
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I wonder if back in MYVYSS's day all the youth were the same
because i know when i was young there were good ones and bad ones
i'd guess it's the same today so tarring all youth with the same brush is OK now?

Aah, ageism, the only form of discrimination that's still OK.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #36
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Aah, ageism, the only form of discrimination that's still OK.
Quit your complaining, you were... wait... no ... no you've always been old

Also, stop making points, the curves are threatening legal action.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #37
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Unfortunately it's Darwinian theory at work. I like to call the life cycle of Boganus Shackerus.
When you put two shackers (shack up with anyone, live in derelict housing i.e. shack) of extremely low intelligence together and they eventually figure out what their genitals are for, they breed. See the sum below for best description:

Shacker A (male) + Shacker B (female) = Shacker C + Cash Bonus.

Shacker C will now be raised in a culture of stupidity; akin to being inbred. It will grow up with a balanced attitude by having a chip on both shoulders. For its parents, they misconceive the notion of Nurture with Nature so grow plenty of plants. Usually however, this little attempt at horticulture gets dried up and smoked.

Neglected, abused and marginalised from day 1, shacker C experiences the world through the eyes of shacker A and shacker B, so grows up feeling contemptuous towards others that have been brought up in a loving home. Eventually, shacker C turns to a life of crime. Knowing the bad example of entitlement it's parents have set, shacker C begins to take on the lifestyle of the parents A and B. It reaches adolescence and starts the cycle all over again by finding shacker D. Again, this can be explained by the following sum:

Shacker C + Shacker D = Shacker E + Cash Bonus.

Mired by receipt of money for nothing, shacker C realises that if he manages to impregnate several females or rob enough businesses, it will then have enough funds to purchase a vehicle; typically a commodore. This would of course not be a late model commodore, it will be an old one where they're easy to steal parts for when it breaks. The first purchase on this vehicle to improve it won't be to replace bald tyres, or defective brakes; it will be on a stereo system where the shacker anthem - Jimmy Barnes' working class man album will be permanently installed. Ironically, shacker C and all of the shacker class seldom work, so the notion of "working class" is lost on them. Rather, they expect everything to be provided for by "Da Gummint".

And so on the cycle goes until artificial events such as a car crash break this little family's cycle. If we employ the theory of probabilities that 1 in every 4000 car journeys results in a crash, we can easily explain this transition from birth to feralness to untimely death.
Shacker C has reduced faculties by reason of stupidity, which mitigates the probability of an accident from 1 in every 4000, to 1 in every 1000 trips. Then, add a mix of Jimmy Barnes playing the Shackinal Anthem; divide probability by 2. Now every one in 500 trips results in a crash.
Add to the mix alcohol, divide by 50. Now every one in 10 trips results in a crash. Finally, add the police chasing shacker C so divide by 10. We're left with the result that shacker C in all probability WILL have an accident whenever he gets behind the wheel. Not having a crash when Shacker C gets behind the wheel is against the odds, and bucking the tried and tested theories of probability.

In this case as mentioned in the article, probability caught up with this little shacker.
His friends, similar in circumstance and mired by stupidity, don't have the vernacular to articulate their feelings so resort to the tribal burnout. They too know, that one day a tree will come rushing up to them, so wish to rage against the dying of the quintessential light (sorry Robert Frost); the cruelty of being an inbred moron on a fast lane to the cemetery.
Great post, but a little wrong. Allow me to correct you. Shacker A only sticks around while the cash bonus or plant life is still available. Once the money or plant life runs out, so does Shacker A.

However, He will be replaced rather rapidly, by another Shacker. (Not sure whether he would still be referred to as Shacker A??). The new found replacement will assist in producing yet another Shacker. This process will continue until there is at least 4 or 5 Shackers of different Stocks piled in one "Gummint Dwelling".

Also a footnote. The ""Cash Bonus" may also be reffered to as the "Plasma Bonus".

On a serious note. 17 years ago, we buried a close friend, who at 19, died in a car accident. He was speeding, in a V8 Commodore. The church was full of people as he was a very popular person. On the way to the church and then on the way the Cemetary, I don't think any person went over 50km/h let alone over the speed limit. Thats just the way it was. It was a sign of respect for our lost Mate. It was a sign of respect to his Family.

That day changed me greatly. I used to speed all the time. I stopped instantly. It was a tragic event, and we all lost a great Mate that day. I believe that a lot of us changed our ways that day.

Rest In Peace Steven. You will always be remembered.

I think this group of fools (in the link attached) have no idea what life is about. Just stupid senseless actions that show no respect to their mate who died. Even if burnouts were a large part of this guys life, they should have organised an off street event in his honour. Not carried on like tools on the road.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #38
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

And to think they are going to breed some day...............
Old 11-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #39
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Unfortunately it's everywhere in today's society.........
Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, some of the youth today are borderline spazmos.

Others are great kids who work jobs, consider others and do everything right.

My issue is that the idiots that do the wrong thing will harm a person who is merely in the wrong place at a point in time and seriously injure or kill them...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #41
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

These kind of Numpties have always been around, it's just that there's more media coverage these days.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #42
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
Could it just be that, due to the prevalence of mass media these days, you are hearing about the actions of the bad apples more these days?

Burnouts being performed at funerals have occurred for a long time. I've talked to 40-60 year olds describing all the stupid things that were done 'in their day'. The difference was that a kid doing a burnout in his Torana was likely not reported anywhere.
Big Bird, you just nailed it! great post. btw we had falcons

i think some of the replies here are pretty ordinary considering it does not affect them one iota.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #43
XR_6falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
To anybody who may think of defending this with "It's happened before" and "has nobody ever done anything stupid before"; and in deference to suggestions that idiots beget idiots, I wonder if these "people" for one instant gave thought to the grief and/or outrage their actions may have caused the family burying their dead son.
If in fact the family approved of this(which seems possible given that the same activity took place outside his home later),then I am lost for words.

The notion of "today's" youth being even stupider then the earlier generations brings about the comments "its happend before".

As for this lot

That is all...

Smoke tyres, not drugs
XR_6falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #44
Mad Maxine

I'd rather the Government gave them a cash bonus NOT to breed.

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #45
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow this thread hasn't been closed yet?
Old 11-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #46
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

As it has been said, stupidity has been around a long long time. Now we just have more of them, plus other stupid people writing articles about it. So other stupid people can take it the wrong way and pass stupid (see irrelevant) laws to make stupid people even more stupid.

Not that I condone doughies in a cemetary, but its the sensationalising by modern day mass media that causes droves of people to go off on a tangent. Slapping a naughty sticker on anything remotely related to it, as opposed to dealing with the individuals in a concise orderly manner.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #47
MGGT RAA
AUII XR8, BA XR8 290 UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
As it has been said, stupidity has been around a long long time. Now we just have more of them, plus other stupid people writing articles about it. So other stupid people can take it the wrong way and pass stupid (see irrelevant) laws to make stupid people even more stupid.

Not that I condone doughies in a cemetary, but its the sensationalising by modern day mass media that causes droves of people to go off on a tangent. Slapping a naughty sticker on anything remotely related to it, as opposed to dealing with the individuals in a concise orderly manner.
Bang on.

Im sure all the older people on here have stories of themselves or mates doin stupid things back in the day... Hell my ol' man was telling just the other day about how he got pulled for up for reckless ****y driving by cops who were also ****y driving.

Difference is they didnt have the net back then to publicise stuff like this as widely as it is now...

Once again, not condoning this behaviour... Just saying Its not getting worse, it just never got better.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #48
LXL15

I'd like to draw a parallel, if I may.

My girlfriend and I were sitting at Fed Square yesterday, and they were televising the debate for the Vic State Election on the big screen. Two older people got up in a row and asked what Mr Brumby was doing to teach young people better manners and stop them from killing/hideously maiming each other all the time.

Both my girlfriend and I thought the same thing: we both go out in a regular basis, and she has been to the city late at night many a time, yet we struggled to name even five occasions when we had seen a bloody fight with police and pepper spray, etc. When the idiotic few are reported on the news, it makes out as if the hundreds of thousands of people who go out over the weekend are all drunk of their nut, carrying knives in blood-thirsty gangs. Same sort of thing here.

Also I think it's become more popular recently to simply label Gen Y or X or Z or whoever based on what's reported in the media, rather than by looking at what actually happens. Nobody's going to report young kids leaving a funeral and not doing a burnout. Who could you get angry at then?
LXL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #49
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`m sorry to say LXL15 i believe there are actually thousands upon thousands of these misfits, you may not travel in the circles to see them, but i`d bet if you were to get figures from the police for arrests around the country on a weekly basis you`d be in for a surprise.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:36 AM   #50
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, I completely agree with LXL15. It's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be, at least not in the CBD of Melbourne where apparently crime and racism is rampant. I go out at least once a week on a Friday/Saturday night, walk through supposed crime hotspots and I stay out till all hours. I have been doing this for a considerable amount of time and really can't name more than a couple of incidents and even then they weren't very severe.

I catch the infamous train all over Melbourne and have never had any trouble (though that is where most of the very few crimes I've seen have occurred). Experience and actually being out there is a lot more reliable evidence than sensationalist media reporting.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #51
SILENT_RAPTOR

ST i call that luck mate..
SILENT_RAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #52
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG... i is a flanny n thongs wearing bogan.....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #53
sandmanls1

Old 12-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #54
sandmanls1

out in dad's ute?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ut...112-17pp6.html
Old 12-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #55
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENT_RAPTOR
ST i call that luck mate..
Really? I prefer to call it reality.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #56
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

The two towns mentioned,Warrnambool and Preston, I wouldn't walk by myself at night...reality or luck, whatever you choose to call it, is just asking for trouble, in my own opinion of course.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #57
74_XB_Ute
See..Everybody Loves Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
Really? I prefer to call it reality.
well there are plenty of people around that have experienced reality and have simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I never forget the images of schoolies week on the Gold Coast where a fight started and a kid was knocked out cold on the ground. Then someone from the crowd ran in and did a flying double foot stomp straight onto his face. I mean this kid was out cold already!!!! what was the point? Yep I agree that fights and silly stuff has been around for ages but fights and silly stuff has evolved into crazy stuff!! People want to take it further than ever before.....maybe thats the price we pay for the likes of Jackass and Dirty Sanchez. They have certainly raised the bar for young people to take hurting themselves and others to the extreme. My opinion anyway.
74_XB_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #58
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wasn't saying at all it doesn't happen, just that it occurs nowhere near as much as it's made out to. I was also only speaking on behalf of where I live and go out.

I seriously doubt it has gotten worse, there is just a lot more media coverage and accessibility to that coverage that gives the illusion of danger lurking around every corner.

Last edited by ST; 12-11-2010 at 12:44 PM.
ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #59
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I seriously doubt it has gotten worse, there is just a lot more media coverage and accessibility to that coverage that gives the illusion of danger lurking around every corner.
If you want to control people, make them fear something.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #60
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST
I wasn't saying at all it doesn't happen, just that it occurs nowhere near as much as it's made out to. I was also only speaking on behalf of where I live and go out.

Seems to me that most of these type of stories are posted on here as links to a news media outlet, ie news papers, TV news bulletins etc.
I am not the oldest(nor may I say, the wisest), on this forum but my recollection is that 30-40 years ago there were 4 news broadcasts daily, and 2 or three daily papers, and I certainly don't recall this type of lunacy being reported or "beat up" with any more or less frequency by the "media" It just is really more prevelant/graphic/random now than I can ever recall.