Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #31
hypa
2005 Ba mkII xr6

Yea I thinking buying a xr6t is going to be the best answer Hopefuly a bf for the 6 speed thanks guys for all your help and yes I'm not real mechanically minded I'm an electrician
Old 20-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #32
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
This is not school and cars are not made of lego.

You have a BA2 XR6 that is fitted with a light drivetrain. It is NOT a XR6T missing the turbo or a XR8 with a 6 cylinder engine.

Based on all of your posts you really have very little idea mechanically and just look like you want to beat one or two friends in illegal street races from traffic lights.

If you want to be able to do this:

1) Learn how to drive, just because you have a license does not mean you have much driving skill although if the cars are autos and the race is a straight line then you do not need much driving skill (this is why autos are so popular with the "street cred" set).

2) Sell your car and buy something that is quicker.
In Falcon your only choice is a XR6T as all V8s up to the coyote were behind the equivalent LSx offerings unless you go right back to the 1970s.
Buy a holden LSx.
Buy an older wrx/evo/supra/skyline/whatever.

But whatever you do don't modify your XR6, it will end in tears as you will have to spend a fortune on mechanics to get it going reliably and it will be actually worth less than it was standard.

100% top post.
Hypa, you should read flappists post 100 times over, this might just save your life.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 20-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #33
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

i wish people would stop bagging the ls1
Old 20-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #34
hypa
2005 Ba mkII xr6

I'm just gonna buy a xr6t easy fixed
Old 20-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #35
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
Which thread are you reading?

There is not a single anti ls1 comment in this one.......
Old 20-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #36
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
You seem to have asked the same question in 3 different ways now, but the budget has dropped from 15K to 10K now?
Define quick? 10K isnt going to get you much either..... If you want something even semi reliable and roadworthy you're still looking at an AU XR8 with very high K's on it.... and about high 14 sec performance..

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you had to spend another 5K on it in the first 6 months just keeping it reliable and on the road...
Exactly remember
Cheap, fast and reliable. You can only have 2.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Old 20-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Exactly remember
Cheap, fast and reliable. You can only have 2.
I like that!!

Old 20-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #38
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BFXRT MK11 With ZF 6sp start from around $17,000 upwards.. Wasnt this thread about cheap to start off with??
Is like several thread topics in one.. lol
Old 20-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #39
hypa
2005 Ba mkII xr6

im just gonna super charge my xr6 n/a like this http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=25
Old 20-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #40
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 20-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #41
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypa
im just gonna super charge my xr6 n/a like this http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=25
How much to fit it? 1,2,3K??

Just remember this;

You will void your insurance with this kit which will most likely not only risk total $ loss to yourself if something goes wrong but risk ruining someone elses' car and not being able to cover their repair costs as well because your insurer will wipe their hands of you..

You will not pass a roadworthy with this kit and risk a canary and having to remove it all together when you get caught then getting stuck with a useless gigantic shinny garden snail...

Every $ you spend on that kit will be a total loss (plus some) when you come to sell, as opposed to just buying a factory turbo car which will retain a far greater % of its total outlay cost, not to mention being infinitely easier to sell in the first place.

It seems like total false economy to me.....

Old 20-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #42
hypa
2005 Ba mkII xr6

0$ to fit my pop has been a mechanic for 30 years and my brother is also a mechanic for 7 years so wont cost me a thing to fit
Old 20-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #43
NCF302

Quote:
0$ to fit my pop has been a mechanic for 30 years and my brother is also a mechanic for 7 years so wont cost me a thing to fit
is that the only point that u read from 4vman? he made a very good point about insurance.

not trying to sound like an ******** but u dont seem to know wat ur on about! take the advice and buy an xr6 t, will be the best thing u can do in this scenario!
Old 20-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #44
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You have two motor mechanics in the family and yet you ask for technical information on here?

You have been told by several people who have owned more falcons than you have sat in, been driving and working on cars since before you were born and your father had left school not to do it but you just ignore everyone.

Do you REALLY think that it is possible to turn a $30k (new) falcon into a $50k (new) holden beater for $3k?

There is a thread in here about "pig headed".........actually it looks like there are now 2.....actually 4 if you count all your others.

Don't ask for advice if all you want is affirmation......you will be marked as an idiot and eventually ignored by everyone.
Old 20-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #45
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Which thread are you reading?

There is not a single anti ls1 comment in this one.......

there are soo many i have got lost....

please, continue....
Old 20-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #46
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

You will struggle to buy anything v8 for under 10g that can beat an LS1 sadly, better off with an XR6T to do that, or a pretty well modded BOSS 290 and above, you would need one hell of alot of coin to make an old Windsor faster than LS1s

I've driven my mates VY SS ute a few times and he has none of the mods my XR8 does, and his eats mine alive, its a monster and I would love a Falcon with the same power this thing makes, Seriously mate for what you want to do, buy an XR6T, save so much hassle and time, unless you are prepared to spend up big on you N/A

Last edited by TUF_302; 20-01-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #47
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFlash
I think you have it wrong mate, consider it this way, I want to beat my mates LS1's why? I know these cars and I know from this (Best mate is a LS1 Tuner here in Adelaide) how good they actually are, and if I can keep them in my rear view mirror then all the better for me considering the formidable opposition I am up against.

If it wasn't for the Ford Turbo I would be driving one myself.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #48
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
I think you have it wrong mate, consider it this way, I want to beat my mates LS1's why? I know these cars and I know from this (Best mate is a LS1 Tuner here in Adelaide) how good they actually are, and if I can keep them in my rear view mirror then all the better for me considering the formidable opposition I am up against.

If it wasn't for the Ford Turbo I would be driving one myself.
Strong words, sad but true though.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 20-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #49
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

INSURANCE, ROAD WORTHINESS - YOUR LIFE TO CONSIDER.

Cap locks may be the only way of putting across some very valid points that have been made by other members who have had a lot of experience.

It seems to me that what ever car you choose won't be in one piece for very long, so put plenty of money aside for repairs.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #50
davez104
Landau = GT with the lot!

Quote:
I'm just gonna buy a xr6t easy fixed
Quote:
School holidays must be almost over, surely??
Old 20-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #51
XR6Noir

Same general questions in 4 different places, completely ignoring much in the way of good realistic advice... these threads have been a good way for someone to raise their post count and get into the for sale section
Old 20-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #52
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Noir
Same general questions in 4 different places, completely ignoring much in the way of good realistic advice...
Agreed, I suggest the OP works out what he wants then asks a single question in the appropriate area.
Closed Thread