Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #31
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
ive been an NS member for 6 years... i never took my sil to the track, never did street drifting or burnouts. i just loved the car and drove it. it was in extremely good condition, well maintained and had quality parts on it.

theres quite a few "Good examples" on NS from time to time. but they dont last long, and obviously become harder to come across each year.

Maybe we hung around the wrong crowd ..A mate of mine has been a member over there for a few years-he owned a 'sprakley orange' s13, they can take a fair bit of punishment..... But I agree an SR20 s13 would suit the OP....
Old 20-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #32
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

u know the infamous deej then ?
Old 20-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #33
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

Try a Sigma turbo. Will be cheap to replace the motor and turbo if required.
Old 21-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #34
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
u know the infamous deej then ?

Rather well!
Old 21-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #35
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would suggest getting a 180/s13. Depends on what you want and how much work your willling to do, you can get a good project car that someone has nearly completed on nissiansilvia.com.au. They are pretty cheap and usally only need a little bit money to finish. On the same forum there are alot of complete cars pushing some pretty good numbers for under 10k with rego, only thing that is a problem alot of the times the car has no RWC. The reason why I say these 2 cars, they are light and usally have a sr20.

IMO the 180 is a better looking car. Yes I am a nissansilvia forum member. LOL.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #36
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

I have two WRX's the old 94 model I imported from Japan via N.Z.. Has 180.000 on it and runs like it was new or when I bought it back in 2000.. I bought the Mrs a new 07 .. But she likes driving the older model...She must have known I was going to sell the old one to have more $$$ to spend on another car project ??? Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #37
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

JUst a little bit more to my post, could not edit my post.

Or you could save a little bit more money and get a xr6t as most people are saying. But I have been a Ford man most of my life. But saying that, when I had a BA XT with a couple mods like CAI and exhaust. I took my mates stock BA xr6t out for a spin and was not that impressed with it. I was expecting more power when boost kicked in, but when it did kick in I was disapointed. Found it had bit more power but my XT was not that far behind.

Now on the other hand, one of my other mates had an old S13 non turbo auto, that was not registered pretty bad looking. My mate had a farm and on the farm had a big dirt drift track set up and a big road area. Now I used to take the s13 for a few laps around the dirt track, and also on the big road area on his farm and that thing would go hard. I was pretty impressed with it. Good drifter even tho it was auto and non turbo. I was more impressed with this car than the xr6t. MY mate paid $500 for this s13.

Also another mate just bought a r33 turbo manual for around 7 grand. It was from a place that imports cars and sells them. the car was registered, stock and complainced all for around 7 grand.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #38
matty88

Mazda Familia/tX3 turbo
matty88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #39
.OZZY.
[OZY 40T]

yeh go an S13 or a 180SX for sure man, cant go past them. Even if the S13 comes with CA18 you can pick up an SR20DET for a couple grand. I'm eyeing off a series 2 S14 on carsales at the moment. But not keen to part with the XT just yet because of all the mods I'v done to it now want to finish it off haha plus being my first car
Old 21-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypa
yea i just want something cheap with around 300rwhp+ atm i drive a ba xr6 with prob 200rwhp lol :( just want some more punch mainly acceleration from take off is what i want just to get up to speed real quick
if that's all you want, put some 4.11's in the BA. Your economy may go to crap but it will with over 300hp anyway
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #41
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Rather well!
i personally know garage13 alex, barney from RE, matty (wigout), simon (white r32 rb25 which he sold to matty)..

never met deej, but know alot of people who do know him.
'
whats he driving nowadays?
Old 21-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #42
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
i personally know garage13 alex, barney from RE, matty (wigout), simon (white r32 rb25 which he sold to matty)..

never met deej, but know alot of people who do know him.
'
whats he driving nowadays?

went from the s13 to a 350z and now an astra ... I remember going out to watch em drift; adam (with his 32), alex, dave(the bloke with the 180??), steve with the r31 and deej... It would have been easily 7 or so years ago!