Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #481
anto
Za Dom spremni

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

so many HSV fanboys on ford forums, go figure
AU III XR8 red ute
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #482
burnz
VFII SS UTE

a lot of troll to.
Old 17-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #483
Rodge
Banned

Is it school holidays or something ?
Old 17-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #484
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
http://youtu.be/lTDap90x6GI

Production process
Pre Painted body kit like FPV do - wonder if the color match quality is not 100%

Interesting vid though - thanks

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 17-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #485
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the GTS now running a 10.95 with basic mods, does that mean it's not too far off some of the more heavily modded coyotes?

10.95 for some relatively basic mods is a hell of a time. From what i've heard, that is one street rubber too...

I think the argument has been solved. The GTS is the fastest, stock and lightly modified. But, who really cares? A corolla can be made to go faster, so it's a pointless argument.

The fact is it's fast, not if it's ugliest, or costs more, or whatever other "insert anti holden whinge"...

The fact is, with some very basic mods it has gone very fast. This doesn't mean the GT is a slouch, or lesser. I'm still excited about the arrival of my new GT.

But, if we're all being honest, the GTS is going to be a very quick car with some very minor modifications. Give it another 3 years, when tuners figure out the best mod/value for money combo's and there are going to be some very quick GTS cars out there.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #486
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #487
BHDOGS
Banned

Gts sucks
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #488
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto View Post
so many HSV fanboys on ford forums, go figure
Or car enthusiasts with an open mind to local performance sedans, that can appreciate any make or model that can deliver a strong performing product.
Old 17-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #489
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So many dodgy posts in this thread I used to think some of these style comments only happened on ls1 forum but I have been proved wrong.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 17-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #490
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uI-lMwxr7k

Just spoke to a client who is Purchasing the 2014 Merc Benz CLA45 AMG and asked him had he seen the above clip and why isn't he purchasing the VF HSV GTS - he said he has seen the clip BUT the fuel economy of it is rubbish and at the lights it will be destroyed by the Merc also HSV isn't a Merc and not the look he is going for - he also sent me the below

2013 HSV GEN-F REVIEW
Vehicle Style: High performance large sedan
Price: $92,990
Engine/trans: 430kW/740Nm 8cyl petrol | 6spd manual
Fuel Economy claimed: 15.3 l/100km | tested: 19.2 l/100km

2014 CLA45 AMG REVIEW
Vehicle style: Premium performance small sedan
Price: $86,900
Engine/transmission: 265kW/450Nm 2.0 turbo petrol | 7spd DCT auto
Fuel consumption listed: 7.0 l/100km | tested: 11.0 l/100km

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #491
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

490 odd posts and only one actual answer, I can find, to the OP's question. Some funny posts in here though.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
This user likes this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #492
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uI-lMwxr7k

Just spoke to a client who is Purchasing the 2014 Merc Benz CLA45 AMG and asked him had he seen the above clip and why isn't he purchasing the VF HSV GTS - he said he has seen the clip BUT the fuel economy of it is rubbish and at the lights it will be destroyed by the Merc also HSV isn't a Merc and not the look he is going for - he also sent me the below

2013 HSV GEN-F REVIEW
Vehicle Style: High performance large sedan
Price: $92,990
Engine/trans: 430kW/740Nm 8cyl petrol | 6spd manual
Fuel Economy claimed: 15.3 l/100km | tested: 19.2 l/100km

2014 CLA45 AMG REVIEW
Vehicle style: Premium performance small sedan
Price: $86,900
Engine/transmission: 265kW/450Nm 2.0 turbo petrol | 7spd DCT auto
Fuel consumption listed: 7.0 l/100km | tested: 11.0 l/100km
I hear what you're saying BUT according to Wheels September 2013 issue the A45 AMG tested used 17.4L/100 km's and in case you think that's an anomoly in their E 63 S AMG vs HSV GTS test in the same issue the Merc which has a claimed fuel consumption of 10L/100 km's got a test average of 18L/100 km's and the GTS auto with a claimed 15.7 L/100 km's got a test average of 19.5 L/100 km's.

I'd say its all depends on how they're driven, one thing i've recently learned is that vehicles fitted with a stop start system can achieve remarkable official simulated fuel tests because those systems work well in lab tests which simulate a lot of time stopped at lights, but in the real world stop start systems are a pain the the bum and besides giving seriously misleading offical ADR figures, I reckon most people would find them so annoying they'd swith them off.

That said, when a A45 / CLA 45 is being driven in a restrained manner as a daily driver I am sure it would be FAR more efficient than a GTS as you'd expect from a small car weighing about 500 kg's less vs a large car weighing in at close on 2 ton. Horses for courses, I reckon each of these cars has its merits.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #493
Robos F6

Allready running 10's after a month of release , surely it must get some recognition. Well done
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #494
obd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
It's sarcasm mate, I was just channeling my inner BHDOGS.

I initially didn't like it but the VF styling is growing on me. Seen a few on the road and they look better in real life than in the pics IMO.
I was referring to you calling Holden owners being toothless, wearing one thong and having a mullet !!!
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #495
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robos F6 View Post
Allready running 10's after a month of release , surely it must get some recognition. Well done

Stop talking sense, you wont find anyone that can understand that here.

Before GTS:

Holden people used to say that the GTS could go 12.3 with a few mods. Ford people would respond with, oh but thats modified, not a fair comparo.

After GTS:

Ford people saying the GT will better the GTS performance with the 20k changeover in price.

See the pattern here?

The GTS is faster than the GT. Its faster than the GT - R spec.
Its quicker 0-100.
Its quicker on the 1/4 mile.
Its also FASTER on the 1/4 mile.

Its quicker for the same amount of money mod for mod than the GT on the 1/4 mile. And thats on street tyres.

There is no doubt in my mind that it will also be faster and quicker around a race track.

FFS people, get a grip. The GTS, in performance terms, is better than the GT. No ifs, buts or what ifs, hypotheticals, and uncles brothers, grandmas only third son could do better, it is.

This thread is nothing to do with looks.
It has nothing to do with price.
It has nothing to do with interior.
It has nothing to do with gadgetry and associated problems.
It is simply about performance. It is a very very quick car, and again, I will bet my bottom dollar (Im broke and have no money, so I can without fear of loosing anything), that come next winter, a GTS will go 11.9 standard.

Oh, and just for the record, I am not pro Holden. I have never owned one, and probably never will. Nor am I a troll, I am not on school holidays, and I was not payed by Holden to write this. My names not Josh Dowling, Im not on HSV payroll, I wasnt employed by the government to bad mouth Ford in order to get them to close down sooner and I dont even particullarly LIKE the GTS.
I am however a realist, who can see beyond the blue tint and will give credit to a fast car with great performance figures (as thats what this thread is actually about) regardless of a simple badge. Its an aussie built (somewhat) car, that is fast as hell, and is a great package, much better than has been offered to us in the past by Ford.

(Takes deep breath, counts to 10)
End rant.
Old 17-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #496
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said The Monty - Summed it up perfectly. Ugly, more expensive, gimmicks or not... The new GTS has performed as a performance car, how it should... The haters will still come up with some rubbish as to how it hasn't lived up to the hype... Give it time, and i think it'll live up to the hype plus more.

Some drag tyres on, cool weather, a good tune and some basic bolt on and i think it may see mid to low 10s... and stock, with drag tyres may see as low as mid 11s... All in time though!
Old 17-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #497
BHDOGS
Banned

Ofcourse the haters will because we hate it why would Holden haters praise something you hate and a brand u depise if I did that I wouldn't be a hater it's irrelevant anything about the car it sucks coz I hate it I don't need a logical argument or a valid Reason I just hate it I guess I'm dirty filthy Holden racist and I love it coz I love fords
2 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #498
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robos F6 View Post
You would think so, a 10 sec pass on stock tyres is pretty damn impressive imo
Old 17-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #499
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Ofcourse the haters will because we hate it why would Holden haters praise something you hate and a brand u depise if I did that I wouldn't be a hater it's irrelevant anything about the car it sucks coz I hate it I don't need a logical argument or a valid Reason I just hate it I guess I'm dirty filthy Holden racist and I love it coz I love fords

Ok....
Old 17-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #500
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BHDOGS - all good to hate something because you simply hate the brand. I get it. All good on that front. Same as stazza, i get it guys... I won't even make you guys admit that at this point in time the GTS is faster, and will get faster, because i understand how much that must pain ya's...

But, please don't post on about any other non performance stuff as to why the GT is so much better... People wanted performance figures, well, they've arrived and will continue to impress, i'm sure...

I love the GT like any other bloke here, and i really wanted the GT to remain the performance king... didn't stop me buying one though. I'll just need to tune it to make sure i keep ahead of those GTS's!
Old 17-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #501
Rodge
Banned

Well...I think as long as you live really nice and handy to a HSV service agent, (based on my personal experience of owning a Holden you'll be going there a hell of a lot to get stuff fixed), and can pick one up in due course for about $85K drive-away the smallest fraction of a second that it might be quicker than a SC FPV might be worth it if you like paying for the next generation of technology. That pre-supposes you can tolerate the bloated and bulbous look of the thing.

Me...by and large I've found FPV's far more reliable and likeable to own than Holden and HSV product so i won't be getting my panties in a twist or doing sizeable damage to my bank balance over some minor fraction of a second, if any.

I have excellent reaction times, (comes from a wasted youth playing way too much pinball and video games) and defy any GTS driver to beat me off the lights...Bring It On
6 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #502
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Ofcourse the haters .....and I love it coz I love fords
So do hate or do you love it? (rhetorical question not requiring a response)
Old 17-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #503
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Well...I think as long as you live really nice and handy to a HSV service agent, (based on my personal experience of owning a Holden you'll be going there a hell of a lot to get stuff fixed), and can pick one up in due course for about $85K drive-away the smallest fraction of a second that it might be quicker than a SC FPV might be worth it if you like paying for the next generation of technology. That pre-supposes you can tolerate the bloated and bulbous look of the thing.

Me...by and large I've found FPV's far more reliable and likeable to own than Holden and HSV product so i won't be getting my panties in a twist or doing sizeable damage to my bank balance over some minor fraction of a second, if any.

I have excellent reaction times, (comes from a wasted youth playing way too much pinball and video games) and defy any GTS driver to beat me off the lights...Bring It On
spose your right....history doesn't remember lemons...and if whats going on over at LS1 continues with all the faults this car has.....it wont matter how fast one guy drives it...the rest will be still getting fixed and remembered as lemons.
And id like to accredit a lot of the speed at which they made this car fast to the fact that its a crate motor with a lot of things known allready before you plug it in to the tune laptop. some simple research s to what theyre doin to the same car/engine in the states in the commaro or whatever. Just sayin.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #504
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
You would think so, a 10 sec pass on stock tyres is pretty damn impressive imo
have you seen the lists in the drag section...there are guys with the old btr 4speed /bigger turbo/inlet manifold only in xr6t running this quick. Doest take much research or rnd to bolt those on....could've been done the day after release probably I don't know all the mods of the cars but theres a MASSIVE list of XR6Ts G6s F6s and GTs running well into the 10s..9s and even 8s. And the new GTS is the only holden well see doin that easy. Be interesting to see how long it takes them to CATCH up in terms of modded drag times. No doubt they've got a good head start bolting the commaro/corvete? engine in.
Itll be good to see some challengers that aren't fords at the motor hot tuners for a change. Previous holdens with 120Ks worth of mods where getting hammered by GTs with 20k in mods.
But atm lets all drool at the half a tenth quicker stock 100k GTS....and admittedly quick into the 10s.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #505
1TUFFUTE
Banned

[QUOTE=The Monty;4910780]Stop talking sense, you wont find anyone that can understand that here.

Before GTS:

Holden people used to say that the GTS could go 12.3 with a few mods. Ford people would respond with, oh but thats modified, not a fair comparo.

After GTS:

Ford people saying the GT will better the GTS performance with the 20k changeover in price.

See the pattern here?

QUOTE]

Monty...so far all the comparos bar one wet GT Rpsec test have been against expensive mercs....well theres been a couple......and you know what the test guys and all the holden supporters in the comments say????? "but it costs way more....you could buy two GTSs for the same price.....or modd it and have change". Exactlly what the ford guys have been saying for years with regards to the performance of the far cheaper XRs and FPVs. One things diff tho.....the ford guys where already faster without modding And cheaper. If they wanted they had to spend money on the gadgets to catch up.But that's why theyre cheaper
swings and roundabouts
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #506
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
have you seen the lists in the drag section...there are guys with the old btr 4speed /bigger turbo/inlet manifold only in xr6t running this quick. Doest take much research or rnd to bolt those on....could've been done the day after release probably I don't know all the mods of the cars but theres a MASSIVE list of XR6Ts G6s F6s and GTs running well into the 10s..9s and even 8s. And the new GTS is the only holden well see doin that easy. Be interesting to see how long it takes them to CATCH up in terms of modded drag times. No doubt they've got a good head start bolting the commaro/corvete? engine in.
Itll be good to see some challengers that aren't fords at the motor hot tuners for a change. Previous holdens with 120Ks worth of mods where getting hammered by GTs with 20k in mods.
But atm lets all drool at the half a tenth quicker stock 100k GTS....and admittedly quick into the 10s.
Yeah I know T6's have been spanking the local V8's for ages now. I dont see them running 10's with minor mods like a tune and little bit more boost on factory tyres though

You do realise there is probably a big list of modded holdens / hsv's running 10's, 9's etc just like the modded T6's?

What are these GT's with 20k spent on them running on the 1/4 mile? High tens? I doubt they would be hammering HSV / holdens with 120k spent performance mods
Old 17-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #507
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Yeah I know T6's have been spanking the local V8's for ages now. I dont see them running 10's with minor mods like a tune and little bit more boost on factory tyres though

You do realise there is probably a big list of modded holdens / hsv's running 10's, 9's etc just like the modded T6's?

What are these GT's with 20k spent on them running on the 1/4 mile? High tens? I doubt they would be hammering HSV / holdens with 120k spent performance mods
its true....the last motor mag hot tuner edition had all the numbers printed for all to see...including the massive dollar figures spent.
Old 17-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #508
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm impressed that the GTS mod for mod would wipe the floor with its American cousins the ZL1/CTS V.
I haven't heard of any ZL1's with such little mods and on street tyres running anywhere near 10's.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #509
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
its true....the last motor mag hot tuner edition had all the numbers printed for all to see...including the massive dollar figures spent.
Care to share the specs of both cars? Im intrigued to know what the 120k worth of mods were
Old 17-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #510
1TUFFUTE
Banned

sorry I don't own the mag...maybe someone else here does......but they did everything like wheels /tyres/exhaust/supercharger/engine internals/suspension.
Its for hot tuner...where they test lots of things..not just 1/4mile. From memory the best aussie car came 4th and it was one of the forum sponsers cars. Ford GT.....the same guys had a tuned GTS aswell. The comparo lists the dollars spent on each car in the test.

edit....I remembered they were KPM cars that did well. Had their stage3 fully waranted packs on their cars.
Closed Thread