The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #3781
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
I'd be very surprised if the XR8 was GT spec with a different badge, many of the parts will be toned down I think.
Maybe..cost wise though it just makes sense to use all the 335 components etc. The GTF configuration should be left for it but then again accountants love to maximize things so who knows. Either way it wont look like a GT so the enthusiasts/clubs can hold onto that.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 04-06-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #3782
AUS GRUNT

I think if the xr8 did come out like a base GT spec for 65-70k plus on-roads, it would become abit out of price range for most people, but i think it should at least have the lower GT spec brembo brakes for a start...same with the xr6t
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #3783
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Going of what Spyman has said, the exhaust cut outs will be similar to the FPV's...the whole insert perhaps.

As for the XR8 being a GT, I think for have done the right thing. No one would accept a GT slapped on a car with the same kit as a XR6...best let the GT die as a unique model and then let another hero badge get some glory it deserves.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #3784
satria
FOXWHO

New Falcon spotted in the center of Bendigo:

Just this morning I was flicking through this thread thinking to myself it would be pretty cool to live down near Melbourne to witness all the camo'd cars cruising around and trying to pick what they are and just now driving home near the center of town in Bendigo the new Falcon just drove past me!!! There was only 1 and had a white Terry behind it, not sure if that was part of the little convoy though as they are pretty popular around here.

It was camo'd exactly like the ones in this thread so unfortunately even if I did have a camera I still wouldn't have anything new to show. I probably would have chased it down and taken pics of the interior.

Looks like they must have been doing some highway runs to get here?
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #3785
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

I've seen them in here in central vic quite a few times around bendigo and castlemaine.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #3786
jd!a
Starter Motor

Not sure if its been noted already, but looking at the spy pics, the rear lights looks like a slimline version of the c-max.

jd!a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #3787
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It looks like a lot of cars on the road at the moment. Audi A3 especially.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using Tapatalk
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #3788
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria View Post
New Falcon spotted in the center of Bendigo:

Just this morning I was flicking through this thread thinking to myself it would be pretty cool to live down near Melbourne to witness all the camo'd cars cruising around and trying to pick what they are and just now driving home near the center of town in Bendigo the new Falcon just drove past me!!! There was only 1 and had a white Terry behind it, not sure if that was part of the little convoy though as they are pretty popular around here.

It was camo'd exactly like the ones in this thread so unfortunately even if I did have a camera I still wouldn't have anything new to show. I probably would have chased it down and taken pics of the interior.

Looks like they must have been doing some highway runs to get here?
You must have been looking really hard to spot that this morning in town with the fog as thick as it was.. I dropped the missus of at work in town at 8am and you couldn't see two car lengths in front.
Damn I missed it, I did go out back down town at 10am though.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #3789
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
You must have been looking really hard to spot that this morning in town with the fog as thick as it was.. I dropped the missus of at work in town at 8am and you couldn't see two car lengths in front.
Damn I missed it, I did go out back down town at 10am though.
Haha yeah I was out at 8 as well dropping the mrs at work and the fog was intense.

I ended up running some errands though and spotted it at just before 9.30 at lyttleton terrace heading into town, fog was gone by then.
satria is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #3790
Callum31

I tried to tell you guys the new XR series Falcon will have the Dual Hockey Stick looking DLR's when Spyman thought they were just a thing to make people think 'Falcon' when they were waiting for them to be made!!!

So the new 2014 Falcon XR series will have the smart looking DLR hockey stick looking lights! Whoooo Hoooo!!!

Last edited by Callum31; 30-06-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #3791
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
I tried to tell you guys the new XR series Falcon will have the Dual Hockey Stick looking DLR's when Spyman thought they were just a thing to make people think 'Falcon' when they were waiting for them to be made!!!

So the new 2014 Falcon XR series will have the smart looking DLR hockey stick looking lights! Whoooo Hoooo!!!
What, like my avatar that has been there for the past 6 months?

Thanks for the pics by the way. There's a new wheel design I see. And why is the mirror scalp a different colour to the rest of the car?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #3792
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dat dash spear downgrade :(
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #3793
Callum31

Yes Road_Warrior, if you look closely at the headlamp you can see the dual hockey stick looking LED's exactly the same as your profile pic They're going got look awesome
Old 04-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #3794
buggo
[BU66OS]

Looking pretty good, seems like the orange blinker is on the XR's as well unless they were just closer to clip on at the time. And I hope that antenna gets a trim

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #3795
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Ghey antenna looks ghey. Shark fin here I come.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #3796
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

shark fin is most likely not in use for a reason, will be to do with the new sync crap and getting decent reception probably

still looks terrible
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #3797
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

So no smart-key entry and only a single exhaust outlet on XR8 ?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #3798
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Not sure what you mean here, we have known since the teaser that the Falcon was getting DRL's, and the XR's were getting the dual DRL's as the "twin light" design ethos...

Even my hastily done 'shop's had them...with Spyman giving tips on shape...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 04-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #3799
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Not sure what you mean here, we have known since the teaser that the Falcon was getting DRL's, and the XR's were getting the dual DRL's as the "twin light" design ethos...

Even my hastily done 'shop's had them...with Spyman giving tips on shape...

No, privately Spyman told me they weren't going to be made, they were just in the tease video as a cool 'feature' to make people think 'Falcon'. But they actually are being put into production!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #3800
Callum31

Thunder, that wasn't the XR8 pictured, the new XR8 will have 4 exhausts, just the same as the current GT.

Last edited by Callum31; 30-06-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #3801
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
No, privately Spyman told me they weren't going to be made, they were just in the tease video as a cool 'feature' to make people think 'Falcon'. But they actually are being put into production!
yes but Nikked just said he and others already said this long ago - you just said it as though no one here knew and we all doubted you. This thread's been going on a while you know.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #3802
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:

He also gave us the first photo of a headlamp, with the DRL's on display...but as with most design stages, he might have seen/heard discussions about other types of lights in testing, remember the FG XR's had a different bumper design at one stage...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 04-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #3803
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
He also gave us the first photo of a headlamp, with the DRL's on display...but as with most design stages, he might have seen/heard discussions about other types of lights in testing, remember the FG XR's had a different bumper design at one stage...
The headlamp pics Spyman uploaded had the strip LED DRL's that will be on the G series and I think Base model Xt, the dual DRL's haven't been properly shown on any prototype until now
Old 04-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #3804
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
I think you got trolled by spyman.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #3805
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Oh.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...postcount=1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
Let's clear this up.... There a LED strips around each of the headlights, just as the tease video shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
hey,

it does have leds look for the white strip with the dots(led)in it below the black tape

the tape is there to hide the leds under the bra's

spyman

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 04-06-2014, 06:28 PM   #3806
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Quote:
Thunder, that wasn't the XR8 pictured, the new XR8 will have 4 exhausts, just the same as the current GT.
Looking at the wheels in the pics you posted today: they match the wheels (and headlights lol) in the proper teaser video, which many people suggested was the XR8.

Unless those wheels and lights will also be on the XR6 also?
Old 04-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #3807
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Looking at the wheels in the pics you posted today: they match the wheels (and headlights lol) in the proper teaser video, which many people suggested was the XR8.

Unless those wheels and lights will also be on the XR6 also?
Yeah just like the previous XR's the XR6 Turbo's and XR8's shared the same kit, wheels, etc, etc, XR6 N/A will probs get different wheels. So the pics I just posted most likely is the XR6 Turbo . As there was no bonnet bulge for it to be an XR8 or even 4 exhausts.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #3808
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Orange car above is an XR6
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #3809
AUS GRUNT

I'm glad those dual led 'hook' drl's have finally made it on the prototypes, hope they keep them on for the production models (xr's only) as it gives it kinda a new-age xr look, it is what supprised me the most in the ford teaser video last year, gives it a nice mean/aggressive look
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #3810
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo View Post
Orange car above is an XR6
I don't really give a rat's coight about who's right and who said what about whether certain models will have this or that, but I'll say this:
If the orange car above in post 3798 is an XR6, bonnet bulge and all, then I'm off to my Ford dealer ASAP to put a deposit down.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.

Last edited by Vekgib; 04-06-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: