Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-01-2023, 01:12 AM   #91
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 
Default Re: Automotive trends that need to die in 2023

Add this one to the list as well.
OLD MAN YELLS AT PLASTIC PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
this pic is popular in this thread
gkhn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2023, 07:38 AM   #92
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Get rid of all buttons I say. All I want is an indicator stalk and manual wipers. The rest can go. When I jump into my GTF, I'm greet with that centre stack of buttons! Buttons I've never used my entire ownership as any changes I make, I try to do on the screen first.

The Mustang steering wheel buttons are another head scratcher. Literally every feature is a button on the steering and you can't just get to one easily like on the GTF with its simple steering buttons. Less is more! Enabling the Cruise and then setting it is a pain on the Mustang.

GET RID OF BUTTONS!
Have to agree to a certain extent. We have a new Tucson Highlander, man you need to take your eyes off the wheel for a bit to find the button/part of the touch screen you want. Not to mention all the buttons on the steering wheel!
I love having minimal technology in my ute.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2023, 09:36 AM   #93
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I was driving a Hyundai Palisade last night and it has a speed sign detector and subsequent warning chime every time you're over the limit. You can disable it but it reenables every time you get back in to the car.

That'd be enough for me not to buy one to be honest..
2 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2023, 09:44 AM   #94
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I was driving a Hyundai Palisade last night and it has a speed sign detector and subsequent warning chime every time you're over the limit. You can disable it but it reenables every time you get back in to the car.

That'd be enough for me not to buy one to be honest..
Seems odd, our Tucson has a speed sign detector the same. But its never once beeped at us. I wonder if the Palisade has a different kind of set up not being able to be turned off!
That'd drive ya nuts!
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2023, 10:29 AM   #95
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Seems odd, our Tucson has a speed sign detector the same. But its never once beeped at us. I wonder if the Palisade has a different kind of set up not being able to be turned off!
That'd drive ya nuts!
Yeah it appears to have come with the most recent facelift of Palisade. I haven't noticed it on any other Hyundais yet.. worries me if future Hyundais are going to have it.

At least with the new WL Jeep Grand Cherokee it has the same feature but when disabled it remains disabled.
Old 18-01-2023, 01:11 PM   #96
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
With how crap Mazda cars are to drive these days isolating the driver from everything, **** off the steering wheel and pedals and give me a PS5 controller to drive it with so I can sit in the back and drive
Jinba Ittai - "where the horse and the rider become one"
Probably a different meaning in Australia and NZ
Old 18-01-2023, 01:19 PM   #97
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You cheeky bugger. Watch for a whitebait head at the foot of your bed…

A good pilot on anything is a pleasure to watch, doesn’t matter if a horse, excavator, motorbike, hang glider. Same as watching The Dying Swan done well.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2023, 05:40 PM   #98
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Have to agree to a certain extent. We have a new Tucson Highlander, man you need to take your eyes off the wheel for a bit to find the button/part of the touch screen you want. Not to mention all the buttons on the steering wheel!
I love having minimal technology in my ute.
Yeah. I like to use Voice for everything else but Steering wheel controls are getting just silly. Had the same issue on my Merc. Touch controls on the steering as well which is crazy as well. Just a maze of buttons which doesn't allow for ease of access at all.

It's funny, some cars have gone the route of no buttons whilst others have put buttons for every last thing which is equally frustrating for some. As I said, I'd prefer no buttons to too many.

And with my GTF, it has settings you change on the Screen but you need to confirm them with the OK button. That took me some time to figure out that I couldn't complete the entire task on the screen nor through buttons only. Pick one or the other!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post