Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-01-2022, 04:29 AM   #31
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Haunted Roads

If people think ghosts are real why aren't there ghosts of dinosaurs or prehistoric cavemen?

What's the crossbow death of someone beside the Wakehurst Parkway got to do with ghosts anyway ?
I believe the perpetrator was caught in that instance.

Fatigue, drugs and alcohol likely play a part in these 'sightings'.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2022, 07:59 AM   #32
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
If people think ghosts are real why aren't there ghosts of dinosaurs or prehistoric cavemen?

What's the crossbow death of someone beside the Wakehurst Parkway got to do with ghosts anyway ?
I believe the perpetrator was caught in that instance.

Fatigue, drugs and alcohol likely play a part in these 'sightings'.
Maybe seeing your guardian angels!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2022, 08:14 PM   #33
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guy's
I heard this story but had to find out for myself. The locals in Picton in NSW say that there town s haunted.
There was a lady whos name is Emily Bollard and she was walking thru a tunnel late at night in 1916 and was hit by a train and killed.

The tunnel now is a walk thru tunnel but still there and i drove to Picton and had to ask a local lady who told me how to get there then she said " are you sure you want to have a look at it".

I took my camera and i did find it and its is creepy just looking at it.
The locals say Emily Bollard has been seen in the tunnel and around Picton late at night.

Drive up Argyle Street thru the main Street and on the left hand side of the road not far from the Mc Donalds is the old Maternity Hospital which is now a Private home.

Locals say a Cranky Matron haunts the halls and residents have reported hearing the sound of crying babies at night.
They say that Picton is the most Haunted town in NSW.

I also drove to Junee on day and had a look at the Monte Cristo Homestead and took about 30 Pictures in the process.
When you drive thru the gate at the Monte Cristo Homestead theres a sign saying its "The Most Haunted House in Australia.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 12:14 AM   #34
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Maybe the Loch Ness Monster is a dinosaur ghost and Bigfoot is a caveman ghost.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #35
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Creepiest one I remember from Telly Savalas on this Aussie TV show.

I remember this
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 12:20 PM   #36
slowsnake
Banned

Not about haunted anything, but about a road whose name I forget but someone will know it, Magnetic Hill?
You stop your car, neutral, handbrake off and your car rolls gently uphill, I even run a level on it and it's uphill.....
It's near Windsor or Richmond NSW........
Old 18-01-2022, 08:51 PM   #37
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Not about haunted anything, but about a road whose name I forget but someone will know it, Magnetic Hill?
You stop your car, neutral, handbrake off and your car rolls gently uphill, I even run a level on it and it's uphill.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Further to my comment.

Will, say in 10 years or so. Will govco make it hard to own said F6, ie will they make owners have something EV etc to counteract having the F6 as well. Kinda like they do to manufacturers having to have EV or low emissions cars made too (correct me if im wrong) or do they already do something like this?
It's at Grose Vale and is an optical illusion.
Nearly bought a property nearby
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2022, 09:06 PM   #38
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i thought the ACT had the creepiest haunted house in all of Australia sitting atop a hill

the house even has been named

its called Australian Parliament House

i hear it also has chain rattling poltergeist walking its halls

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-01-2022, 10:39 PM   #39
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

I wouldn't go near it, that's for sure... I did tell a story about it here though, from when I was a teenager. Running around on the grass up top, and being told off by the guard.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2022, 02:52 AM   #40
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
There’s similar near Woodend in Victoria… (BTW.. I call BS on your spirit level!)
https://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/anti-gravity-hill
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 08:41 AM   #41
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
(BTW.. I call BS on your spirit level!)
I think the spirit was on the level.

Yeah, there's another at Calga NSW we used to ride up...er down..er...

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 11:31 AM   #42
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
There’s similar near Woodend in Victoria… (BTW.. I call BS on your spirit level!)
Woodend (Hanging Rock strawns lane) a very good optical illusion that gives impression you going up hill.
Maybe Slowsnake spirit level is possessed......
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2022, 12:19 PM   #43
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Go there? and prove me wrong, if it's downhill the car picks up speed or momentum, this hill is different, the car moves about a foot a minute, I got out of my car to watch it creep, in these days of phones that are not phones but cameras that can be used to make phone calls it should be so easy to disprove!....
Old 19-01-2022, 12:41 PM   #44
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Hence why I posted “spirit” level!
You’re closer than me, how ‘bout you go take the pic for authenticity purposes?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2022, 12:56 PM   #45
roKWiz
Cabover nut

actually not that difficult to do with a string line and line level or water and clear tubing.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #46
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Some spirit levels can be questionable at times depending which type you use.

Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2022, 04:02 PM   #47
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This story is a bit trippy.
Good friend of mine has had rottweiler dogs for many years.
She lives in the south of WA.
Anyway she had to have her last one put down from cancer and decided she doesn't want another one, too painful.
About 2 weeks later she was driving along a quiet back road and it was covered in fog in a farming area.
She was driving slowly allowing for the conditions when suddenly in her headlights she spotted a dark shape. She stopped and it was a young rottweiler dog wandering along the road in the middle of nowhere.
She stopped, enticed him to her car and took him home. Did all the usual checks, couldn't find an owner, checked with the local vet, drove to the farms nearby,nothing.
Years later she's still got him and he has the same markings as her last dog.
Old 19-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #48
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hes fos

simple explanation for the idiots
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2022, 01:32 PM   #49
slowsnake
Banned

Lived in a WA regional pub, oldest in town, was told it was haunted, I ended up living there for 6 months, was waiting to find a rental that allowed a cat!
I had the bar keys and awoke at 1am and wanted a snack, so the stairs were normal up to landing then up to 1st floor, so it's pitch black except for the street lights shining into the foyer through double glass doors.
I get down the first stairs to the landing, and I could feel the hairs on my arms prickle, and I heard very faint women's voices which I though were from the street, as I descended the 2nd flight the air was almost electric/static like, I get 3 steps down and the hairs on the back of my neck were really standing up as I walked between 2 non existent women having a conversation, I **** myself and kept going down, there was no one there, I ended up forgetting the snack and opened a bottle of brandy, took 3 nips to calm me down, freaked me out, I ended up going out front door in my undies and around the back to the fire exit stairs!

Asked the owner next day, she said it is/was haunted by 2 sisters, they always argued over the same man, one sister killed the other and threw her body down the well in the wine cellar, then joined a nunnery, they showed the bars CCTV footage to me, and there was a woman standing behind me, she was wagging her finger behind my back...freaked me out, had other strange occurrences happen too, and I wasn't the only one!.......creepy
3 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2022, 07:45 PM   #50
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

The road my ex lives on is haunted by the ghosts of many men.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 10:14 AM   #51
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Lived in a WA regional pub, oldest in town, was told it was haunted, I ended up living there for 6 months, was waiting to find a rental that allowed a cat!
I had the bar keys and awoke at 1am and wanted a snack, so the stairs were normal up to landing then up to 1st floor, so it's pitch black except for the street lights shining into the foyer through double glass doors.
I get down the first stairs to the landing, and I could feel the hairs on my arms prickle, and I heard very faint women's voices which I though were from the street, as I descended the 2nd flight the air was almost electric/static like, I get 3 steps down and the hairs on the back of my neck were really standing up as I walked between 2 non existent women having a conversation, I **** myself and kept going down, there was no one there, I ended up forgetting the snack and opened a bottle of brandy, took 3 nips to calm me down, freaked me out, I ended up going out front door in my undies and around the back to the fire exit stairs!

Asked the owner next day, she said it is/was haunted by 2 sisters, they always argued over the same man, one sister killed the other and threw her body down the well in the wine cellar, then joined a nunnery, they showed the bars CCTV footage to me, and there was a woman standing behind me, she was wagging her finger behind my back...freaked me out, had other strange occurrences happen too, and I wasn't the only one!.......creepy
For real? Where is this footage?
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 01:15 PM   #52
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangNicko View Post
They taped over it?......a vhs system, I couldn't believe it, but they reused the same tape?....over an over, bummer eh.
Old 24-01-2022, 04:25 PM   #53
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few years back I took my dog for a walk through Stieglitz in the Brisbane Ranges near Geelong. There’s an old courthouse there that I park at and a track I walk down called Deadman’s Loop runs next to it, it’s an old road that’s closed off now.

When I was a kid we always went gold panning there, had some brilliant times.

Anyway, my dog was around three years old or so, and I had him off leash. He’s walking around 20m ahead of me and he just stopped, staring straight ahead, eyes locked on something. I get up to him and he wouldn’t even acknowledge I was there. Then the hair on his back started standing up and he started growling and baring his teeth, and would not take a step further. So I looked around thinking there was a snake or some sort of animal, but no, it was just us. Again, just staring straight ahead like someone/something was on the track in front.

In the end I figured he must have known something I didn’t and I turned back, he tore past me and was waiting in the tray when I got back to the ute.

To this day he’s never growled or acted like that since. I’d love to know what he was having a go at, but if ghosts were real I reckon he found one.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 04:47 PM   #54
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I get a really spooky feeling crossing the bridge over the river murray at Blanchetown ever since a 20 year old bloke died jumping from the bridge in 2016. I'm not a superstitious person but that place creeps me out.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2022, 04:55 PM   #55
hayseed

Quote:
Inside the Brandy Bottle...
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2022, 05:45 PM   #56
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I get a really spooky feeling crossing the bridge over the river murray at Blanchetown ever since a 20 year old bloke died jumping from the bridge in 2016. I'm not a superstitious person but that place creeps me out.
My Wife works with his Mother.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 06:45 PM   #57
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
My Wife works with his Mother.
It is tragic that he lost his life. I still remember the day it happened.

I cannot imagine the grief his mother has gone through. Very sad.
Old 24-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #58
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Inside the Brandy Bottle...
Where would you put it?
No internet or social media then, just a bit of black and white VHS tape, just rerun, and rerun over and over, plenty more ghosts still there but it's a private backpackers hostel now!
Just no point keeping it, just me and an old woman behind me wagging her finger, would be called fake nowadays.......
Old 25-01-2022, 09:58 AM   #59
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Where would you put it?
No internet or social media then, just a bit of black and white VHS tape, just rerun, and rerun over and over, plenty more ghosts still there but it's a private backpackers hostel now!
Just no point keeping it, just me and an old woman behind me wagging her finger, would be called fake nowadays.......
Could be the most legitimate evidence of a "ghost" ever and it's just taped over. Classic
MustangNicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 10:28 AM   #60
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Could be the most legitimate evidence of a "ghost" ever and it's just taped over. Classic
She's still there!.........
Not my tape to touch, the owners rerun, rerun on a loop, they don't care, although they do sell spirits!.......