Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #16501
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Hey I just had a bolt of brilliance
All double vaxers get "V2" tattooed on their forehead!
No tat no service.
And, and, ad - each booster gets a star.
So "V2***" is a double vaxed person with 3 booster shots.
I tell youse blokes, I'm more than just a pretty face.
Certainly an untapped resource, your becoming more Queenslander by the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
Statistically, it’s fast becoming odds-on that customers are fully vaccinated in NSW. By last midnight, around 86,5 percent of 16+ adults. Makes checking this detail near redundant, easy to see why the state government put an end date on this.
I think it was the plan all along, threaten the no jab no play for a few months, spook those on the fence then open the flood gates.

Better than leaving it to choice or chance.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
4 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 01:53 PM   #16502
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
My daughter was watching the Victorian presentatin with no Dan, no Brett and No Jerone, this is what she messaged me:

No more Drs certificate to say you are exempt from covid vaccine. Drs now need to lodge a form to Australian immunisation register and they will decide if they don't need a vax. Even those that have a Drs certificate now have 2 weeks to lodge a form. Then the certificate to say they are exempt from covid Vax will be linked to my govts account like ours are.
And that’s a “positive” Trev?
I think it’s just MORE control
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #16503
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Funny isn't it: when I read Trev's post, I read it as supporting your point of view. Then, when I saw your responding post, I had to reread it thinking that I had completely misinterpreted it. Now that I've read it again, I don't think it's discussing the point of control at all. I just read it as a statement of fact/info.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 02:19 PM   #16504
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Looking forward to my first road trip this side of the lockdown, albeit just one day. Taking my elderly neighbour to visit her sister (who has dementia and a neuropathic complaint) near the Big Merino, and then on to Canberra for my Gumtree score.

I’ll loan my user account to someone for the day - that should liven things up.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #16505
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Slimy, or practical? What practical alternative would you suggest? It would be impossible to expect the authorities to staff these positions themselves. Even if they could employ enough people in a short enough time to be ready when business opens up, all of these people would have to be on the public payroll. Could you imagine the outcry when the inevitable tax increase would flow through to the tax payers!!

I agree that it is not an ideal position to have businesses 'police' this themselves, but I can't see any practical alternate.
Fair point. But in reality it isn't even needed at all, and the burden shouldn't be placed on business. If we are over 90%, who cares if some un-vaxxed go and do things. They are more at risk from the vaxxed than the vaxxed are from them. This is where it has gone off the rails, cause it's not based on reality.

Or do what most other countries are doing, rapid tests. They should have been pushing this if they really cared about public safety, and not scare mongering rubbish and forcing people to comply via underhanded coercion. A rapid test actually proves whether a person is covid positive or not, while someone who's allowed in cause they are vaxxed might be carrying it. But people like Dan Andrews would rather demonize people, and use the pandemic to get control over the masses by turning people against each other. A tactic straight from the communist manifesto.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 03:58 PM   #16506
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Hey I just had a bolt of brilliance

All double vaxers get "V2" tattooed on their forehead!

No tat no service.

And, and, and - each booster gets a star.

So "V2***" is a double vaxed person with 3 booster shots.

I tell youse blokes, I'm more than just a pretty face.
That's how they marked the Lee Enfield 303s, so you should also add the broad arrow to the forehead for the Victorians, cause of their 'special legislation'.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 05:02 PM   #16507
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Funny isn't it: when I read Trev's post, I read it as supporting your point of view. Then, when I saw your responding post, I had to reread it thinking that I had completely misinterpreted it. Now that I've read it again, I don't think it's discussing the point of control at all. I just read it as a statement of fact/info.
It makes sense to me for everybody to be on the same page (app)

I might be old fashioned though
Old 28-10-2021, 05:27 PM   #16508
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
yup and youll probably be about 5 or more years older by then and the unvaccinated will still be whining why cant i co over seas or out to a movie or even why cant i go any here at all and my home delivered latte that i cant enjoy with others taste like 7/11
how many $ billions will the economy lose from the unvaxxed?
Old 28-10-2021, 05:52 PM   #16509
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
how many $ billions will the economy lose from the unvaxxed?
Only as much as the businesses choose to lose by not allowing unvaxxed customers into their premises
2 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 06:20 PM   #16510
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Only as much as the businesses choose to lose by not allowing unvaxxed customers into their premises
well their very lax where i am.
so Victoria then??
Old 28-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #16511
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 27th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,840 new cases for Australia and 16 deaths so the CMR is 1.019%.

77 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.475%.

The UK had 43,453 cases yesterday and 263 deaths for a CMR of 1.579%.

82,062 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,776 deaths sees CMR at 1.635%. Note that the CMR has started to rise again after falling steadily the last two months.

Other notable points:
Europe moves above the 90th percentile for case numbers;
Oceania passes 300k cases with 54.3% of those coming from Australia (along with 46.2% of the deaths);

Estonia (2,025) - the previous high on 11/03/2021;
Latvia (3,206); and
Singapore (5,324)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Finland and South Korea move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.
russ we had a two shops deep cleaned due to covid, they are a popular haunt
for the schoolies.. do you think they sudden rise is due to return to school policy??
Old 28-10-2021, 08:53 PM   #16512
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
They won't just be copping it from anti-vaxxers. I want to know what powers they have to be able to ask me questions about my medical status. Will they show me their medical records if I ask to see them? I'd be told to bugger off. And i'm sure i'm not the only one who see's an issue with this, considering medical things are supposed to be private. I wouldn't be a ***** about it, but I will make sure the person asking to see my vaccination status knows that this is utter bull****, despite me being vaccinated.

The ridiculous thing is the government is forcing business's to do this, and leaving them to deal with the outcomes. A lot of these young hospitality workers will be left to cop the brunt of this, while the government staff who created this don't have to go within a mile of it. Slimy.

I wonder how long it will take before someone gets bashed over it? It's only going to take one nutter in a bad mood. Doesn't take much to trigger some people these days.
The powers they have are to be used to think for folk who cant think for themselves, a lot of dummies out there in "covid-land" and some one has to gee them up to help them make the correct decision.
Too many followers and not enough leaders, you can call em what you like but in reality they are of low IQ and opine like, they need to be helped along the way, there is nothing wrong in that!
Old 28-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #16513
burnz
VFII SS UTE

We are currently seeing the current hysterical demand's to curtail people freedom and their speech,
Especially with the current era of lock-downs and coerciveness drives in effect to force people into life long medical subjugation.
In effect we took freedom for granted; In 2020 with into subscription model, no six month needle no freedom for you... communism at its best..
3 users like this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #16514
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This user likes this post:
Old 28-10-2021, 10:05 PM   #16515
nstg8a

Saw a great placard on YouTube the other day.

“Where there is risk there must be choice”
Old 28-10-2021, 11:18 PM   #16516
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
We are currently seeing the current hysterical demand's to curtail people freedom and their speech,
Especially with the current era of lock-downs and coerciveness drives in effect to force people into life long medical subjugation.
In effect we took freedom for granted; In 2020 with into subscription model, no six month needle no freedom for you... communism at its best..
That's what they said about Lenin's tomb....

Just another Communist plot
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 07:22 AM   #16517
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Saw a great placard on YouTube the other day.

“Where there is risk there must be choice”
There has been choice through this whole episode. No one is forcing anyone to obey an law or mandate etc, there still is a choice. Whether people think its fair or not is perhaps the issue but choice remains.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #16518
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just don't get the whole anti-vaccine thing. What is the issue ?

I'm old enough to remember people dying from Polio, Smallpox & Dyptheria. At school we were given vaccines of all types & if we went overseas we had extra shots, otherwise no Visa & therefore no overseas trip. Never heard a single gripe in over 50 years.

Now we have another pandemic & some in the community are taking this strange anti-vax stance. What has changed ? Is it the internet spreading half-truths. Do we have a higher percentage of morons in the community nowadays ? Watch the movie Idiocracy if you're not sure what I'm on about.

Not trying to stir the pot, just asking an honest question.

Dr Terry
7 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 09:23 AM   #16519
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post

I'm old enough to remember people dying from Polio, Smallpox & Dyptheria. At school we were given vaccines of all types & if we went overseas we had extra shots, otherwise no Visa & therefore no overseas trip. Never heard a single gripe in over 50 years.

Now we have another pandemic & some in the community are taking this strange anti-vax stance. What has changed ? Is it the internet spreading half-truths. Do we have a higher percentage of morons in the community nowadays ? Watch the movie Idiocracy if you're not sure what I'm on about.

Dr Terry
It doesn't make rational sense. I have had people saying "you don't know what's in there" (wrong) "its not tested" (wrong, they have passed every test any vaccine has to pass, it just didn't take 5 years because they skipped every queue in the normal process).

And then that person lights up there 15th cigarette for the day, safe in knowing that no evil vaccine gets into their system to give their immune system a head start on an existential threat.

4 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #16520
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

Dr Terry

The difference between then and now is social media.

The algorithms are designed to keep you on the platform, so you click on something it will suggest more of the same. Soon enough all you see is the same rubbish over and over... and you become convinced

Social media turns your brain to mush.
Old 29-10-2021, 09:36 AM   #16521
PhilT2

Anti-vaxxers have been around long before covid. I think the recent trend can be traced back to a Dr Andrew Wakefield who had his medical ticket pulled for fraudulent research linking the MMR vaccine to autism. Despite all the evidence against him he still has a following. The internet just means he can find an audience more easily.

I know a family whose child died because she was too young to be vaccinated. These parents watched their child slowly choke to death because people in their community wouldn't vaccinate against whooping cough. So I am far from unbiased on the issue.
https://campaigns.health.gov.au/immu...t-immunisation
This user likes this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 10:53 AM   #16522
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
russ we had a two shops deep cleaned due to covid, they are a popular haunt for the schoolies.. do you think they sudden rise is due to return to school policy??
It's possible but that's what contact tracing is for - to try and get to the bottom of the where/how.

Even at high vaccination rates, there will still be transmission. I'm glad to see the MSM has finally caught up with my view (well the scientific view) that vaccinated people are ~60% less likely to spread the virus than the unvaccinated so all those statements in the fringe media about how it's no different are just plain wrong.

In terms of the so-called 'breakthrough' infections, the best data set we have yet is from Massachusetts where detailed numbers have been kept since Delta became prevalent.

They have had breakthrough cases in 1.08% of all those vaccinated and 0.04% of all vaccinated people have required hospitalisation while only 0.009% have died. Those numbers look quite good at face value and while they are certainly much better than the numbers for the unvaccinated it's not quite as good as it first seems.

In total they have had 51,007 breakthrough cases in fully vaccinated people. Of those, 1,880 have been hospitalised which is 3.6% and 406 have died which is a CMR of 0.796%.

In fairness, that's still a lot better than their overall CMR of 2.51% but I'd really expect it to be lower.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #16523
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
There has been choice through this whole episode. No one is forcing anyone to obey an law or mandate etc, there still is a choice. Whether people think its fair or not is perhaps the issue but choice remains.
Choice of ok if you are having life saving heart surgery, yes you can have it or not have it, but it only affects that patient, not the rest of the planet!
This covid virus has more potential to decimate humanity than all the world wars last century?
But there is a difference between subjective and objective desire in the covid case!
Old 29-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #16524
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
And then that person lights up there 15th cigarette for the day, safe in knowing that no evil vaccine gets into their system to give their immune system a head start on an existential threat.
That's a good point. Supposedly smoking is OK, "recreational" drugs are OK, tattoos are OK, but a scientific & medically backed vaccine is "poison".

Dr Terry
3 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #16525
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Anti-vaxxers have been around long before covid. I think the recent trend can be traced back to a Dr Andrew Wakefield who had his medical ticket pulled for fraudulent research linking the MMR vaccine to autism. Despite all the evidence against him he still has a following. The internet just means he can find an audience more easily.
I like the fact that Dr Google has more respect than a professional (Dr Wakefield aside) who has spent a minimum of 6 years at university studying medicine.

Dr Terry
2 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 11:24 AM   #16526
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

Dr Terry
I don't thing this is just another pandemic Dr Terry, I remember my polio vaccine on a sugar cube, I knew kiddies with this insidious soul destroying illness, legs braced up to get to primary school, I never understood it really, just a kid myself, but adults gossiping away about who has what, and why they have it!

The internet does not spread anything, it's a machine, like a gun, it's the operator that loads the information, or ammo and then presses "enter" never realising that information is really travelling to every corner of the globe?....to be read by anyone, IQ and common sense are irrelevant as it is digested differently by all who look!

And it's not stirring the pot, it's adding to the debate, I like honesty....
Old 29-10-2021, 12:00 PM   #16527
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Dr Terry
Heart issues are the key concern. And no long term data that can prove it won’t cause long term issues. Then you can also consider they had to skip animal testing cause the vaccinated animals all died.

Then for many people, especially the young and healthy, it’s taking in the consideration of the minimal risk of actually getting sick and dying from covid, which is only 1 or 2%. Then you probably have people who live in remote areas who really have no reason to get it. Then there are people who don’t want political over reachers like dan andrews telling them what to do. And there are also people who can’t for medical reasons.

I respect their ability to choose for themselves.

Now i sit here and wait for someone to attack me for providing these thoughts. The rabid pro-vaxxers are just as bad as the rabid anti-vaxxers. But they also add a higher level of self righteousness and the inability to believe anything that they didn’t get told from the media. True sheep with the inability to think for themselves.
Old 29-10-2021, 12:10 PM   #16528
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I don't thing this is just another pandemic Dr Terry, I remember my polio vaccine on a sugar cube
That was the 2nd version of the Polio vaccine, it was called the "Sabin" vaccine. I saw it as a strawberry syrup on a teaspoon, but I have heard of the sugar cube style.

That was introduced around about 1967-68, before that the Polio vaccine was in the form a large (read painful) needle. The Sabin version was very much welcomed to the scene.

Dr Terry
4 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #16529
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 270 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0100 (from 1.0204) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line which is changed to a 4th order polynomial again.

VIC records 1,656 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0070 (from 1.0128) while the actual line moves below the predictive trend which has been changed to a 4th order polynomial.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 29-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #16530
Dr Terry
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I respect their ability to choose for themselves.

Now i sit here and wait for someone to attack me for providing these thoughts. The rabid pro-vaxxers are just as bad as the rabid anti-vaxxers. But they also add a higher level of self righteousness and the inability to believe anything that they didn’t get told from the media. True sheep with the inability to think for themselves.
I'm far from a "rabid pro-vaxxer", but all of the anti-vaxxers that I have met don't have a legitimate medical reason for not getting the vaccine. I realise that there will be a (very minute) percentage of the population with legitimate medical issues regarding the vaccine, but by & large the anti-vax crowd don't.

My general point is that is like the mask issue. We didn't wear mask to stop "getting" Covid, we wore them to stop spreading (i.e. transmitting) the disease.

Being vaccinated not only protects the person receiving the vaccine, it substantially reduces the likely transmission of the virus, most anti-vaxxers don't care about that aspect.

Dr Terry
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread