Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2021, 04:54 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Vfacts august 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Are they paying the workers whose shifts have been cancelled saw some plants down from 2 nd 3 shifts a day to 1.
Not good for their reputation to burn ward off potential Escape Puma Focus buyers.
Not good to just rely on Thai built Everest /Ranger for market share ..eventually in fact soon China will come hunting those two segments.
Can Ford survive?
They must be burning cash.
I might be dead wrong here but if around 4700 of a 5,000/month sales are
high profit Ranger/Everest, then Ford would pleased to sell that sales mix.
Heart breaking that supplies of Puma and Escape are unobtainable until 2022.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #32
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I might be dead wrong here but if around 4700 of a 5,000/month sales are
high profit Ranger/Everest, then Ford would pleased to sell that sales mix.
Heart breaking that supplies of Puma and Escape are unobtainable until 2022.
Are they all high profit examples though?
I've been keeping an eye on a number of sales sites and whilst XLT/Wildtrack do account for a fair %, there have been plenty of XL/S on the used market that had to have been sold new at some point, i doubt those 4000 Rangers are all top spec now all of a sudden, would it be fair to say its probably closer to a 2500/1500 split.
Councils seem to love white XL dual cabs, if it wasn't for the vinyl flooring id have probably bought one by now as they are reasonably priced on the used market for what you get.

OT but Something like this would suit me for what i need, but the missus would be driving it too and she likes a bit more luxury which comes with a higher price tag than id like to spend on a used tow rig.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morp...ity/1277959026

Last edited by BENT_8; 05-09-2021 at 05:50 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #33
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Listening to Autoline After Hours today, the comment was made that the issues with semi-conductors won't be over for a long time.

Apparently the semi-conductor industry is not set up for quick changes in production requirements, due to the high complexity of these items, and that orders from manufacturers have lead times of up to 26 weeks. The comment was also made regarding the auto industry no longer being the main priority of semi-conductor suppliers, so volume has been directed elsewhere.

Worth a listen, with the above comments from 35min mark -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6bK...D3F80D&index=1
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 08:36 PM   #34
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest, if I was high up at Ford right now, I wouldn't be all that unhappy with the Second (and sometimes 1st) top selling model in Australia and in the top 5 for sales total. Yes they are a one hit wonder with relying on Ranger/Everest to prop them up, but who cares.. Sales is Sales!!!!

As for the rest of the range, none are bad cars but their competitors are all at least as good, some better. Not to mention the fact that Ford is largely forgotten about by the general public. How do they change this?? I dont know. The chip shortage isnt only a Ford thing, everyone is in the same boat. Using that as the only reason they arent selling isnt really all that accurate I dont think.

My biggest worry for Ford right now though, is the new Ranger/Everest coming in the new year. They genuinly cant afford for it to anything but another class leader, it flat out cant afford to fail. Not saying it will, mind you, but it must be something they are stressing about....

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2021, 09:13 PM   #35
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Are they all high profit examples though?
I've been keeping an eye on a number of sales sites and whilst XLT/Wildtrack do account for a fair %, there have been plenty of XL/S on the used market that had to have been sold new at some point, i doubt those 4000 Rangers are all top spec now all of a sudden, would it be fair to say its probably closer to a 2500/1500 split.
New XLS is $50k drive away retail price, so yeah, prices are up there even for fleet buyers and 4x4 XL crew cab and govt discount. Hilux and Ranger base vehicles are a lot more expensive than the competition yet they still bring in good sales from local government.
Quote:
Councils seem to love white XL dual cabs, if it wasn't for the vinyl flooring id have probably bought one by now as they are reasonably priced on the used market for what you get.

OT but Something like this would suit me for what i need, but the missus would be driving it too and she likes a bit more luxury which comes with a higher price tag than id like to spend on a used tow rig.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morp...ity/1277959026
For a base vehicle, the XL Ranger is not bad, probably good value for people
not into all the bells and whistles, different strokes for different folks.
This user likes this post:
Old 05-09-2021, 09:51 PM   #36
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
New XLS is $50k drive away retail price, so yeah, prices are up there even for fleet buyers and 4x4 XL crew cab and govt discount. Hilux and Ranger base vehicles are a lot more expensive than the competition yet they still bring in good sales from local government.

For a base vehicle, the XL Ranger is not bad, probably good value for people
not into all the bells and whistles, different strokes for different folks.
Probably still 20k under a Wildtrak though so up there but not up there if you know what i mean and XL even moreso.
50k doesnt buy what it used to though thats for sure.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:18 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Probably still 20k under a Wildtrak though so up there but not up there if you know what i mean and XL even moreso.
50k doesnt buy what it used to though thats for sure.
And then we look at something like a basic 2WD Ranger single cab chassis for $33k
and while the jump to 4x4 and crew cab adds to costs it yields a much higher price…
Ford and Toyota play this beautifully against loyal repeat buyers who will pay more….
Old 06-09-2021, 11:06 AM   #38
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its sad.... Ford could be doing another 1000 cars a month easily if they had stock. Escape for example, release new model and have no cars to sell. People still enquire about them but you cant even drive them atm because no one held any demos.

Least Toyota still keeps demo cars in stock so people can drive to order, even if they do have to wait 12 months.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 01:23 PM   #39
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Its sad.... Ford could be doing another 1000 cars a month easily if they had stock. Escape for example, release new model and have no cars to sell. People still enquire about them but you cant even drive them atm because no one held any demos.

Least Toyota still keeps demo cars in stock so people can drive to order, even if they do have to wait 12 months.
Our closest dealer has 3 cars on the lot, couple of Rangers and a Focus, apart from that..0
Old 06-09-2021, 01:41 PM   #40
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
And then we look at something like a basic 2WD Ranger single cab chassis for $33k
and while the jump to 4x4 and crew cab adds to costs it yields a much higher price…
Ford and Toyota play this beautifully against loyal repeat buyers who will pay more….
In saying that
Wonder of the respective monthly numbers of Hilux/Ranger is Fleet/Mining sales compared to out and out Retail sale to ABN sales.
As you say high end like Wildtrak/SR5 ROI but the discounts provided for the bulk of sales I would presume would erode alot into the profit side of it all.
We have 2 cuts in the pie here, one of FOA, dealer pays his share in turn sells on.

Must be alot of margin in these Thailand made vehicles.
How many employees in FOA, to monthly operating costs etc, importing inventory, ship in ship out.
Same to the operating Dealer.

As has been mentioned great game with Ranger by Ford but myself as business owner I'd be damn worried one product dominates my sales period.
Whereas the Toy company has a far better spread in product range as we all know.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #41
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
And If; Your Aunty had Balls She'd be your Uncle...
mind you its 2021, so you may still have to call "them" Aunty
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #42
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Are they paying the workers whose shifts have been cancelled saw some plants down from 2 nd 3 shifts a day to 1.
Not good for their reputation to burn ward off potential Escape Puma Focus buyers.
Not good to just rely on Thai built Everest /Ranger for market share ..eventually in fact soon China will come hunting those two segments.
Can Ford survive?
They must be burning cash.
The opposite actually.

Ford raised its expectation for full-year adjusted earnings before taxes by about $3.5 billion, to between $9 billion and $10 billion.

They expected to lose money in the second quarter due to the huge amount of vehicles they lost from production, but they actually posted a pretty strong profit. Remarkable really.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post