Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #61
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think the 2 worst rims ever designed for the AU are the clover leaf and these

No offence Mecha1k, but I just don't like those rims. My parents have them on their S3 SR Wagon. I thought they were a poor modern version of the XR rims on the E-Series. I can't remember their names.

I had 2 clover leaf rims on my trailer. Don't have them anymore
I sold two of mine to AUsFalcons ... and he put them on a trailer ... to suit the ones he already had on his AU .... must admit ... they look decent on a trailer (the 5-spokes anyway).

Have seen these 5-spokes on a lowered Hilux (older model) with lower profile tyres ... and I do admit they do look much better (makes the rim look much bigger).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #62
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GK, when are you going to lower it???
Old 02-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #63
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Somedays are diamonds. I dont even think your tyres had cooled down before they were rolled away to a new home.. and you got your money back on them.
Very true! I paid $60 a piece for them in 2003, didn't put them on my car until early 2005 though, and today got $50 each for them! :

Thanks for all your help today Casper, it was really appreciated, and it was great to meet you!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #64
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think the 2 worst rims ever designed for the AU are the clover leaf and these

I had 2 clover leaf rims on my trailer. Don't have them anymore
I agree with the comment about the rims in the pic, but as Casper said to me today, the worst rims Ford ever made were those on the AU1 Futura! Thankfully I took them off today!

As for the Clover Leaf ones, I like them more and more the more and more I see them. :

GK
Old 02-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #65
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
GK, when are you going to lower it???
Won't be able to afford that for a while and even if I could, I need some new tyres on the SR sedan next! Having sampled these new ones I got today from Casper, I think that maybe I'll be spending a little more than I had planned to pay for those I was putting on the SR LOL!

It would look really good lowered though I know!

GK