Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
alpineau

Default Factory AU2 premium CD player/stacker

Hi Guys

I Have just changed the premium 6 stack cd player in my au2 to and alpine mp3 unit and i am just trying to find out if it is worth anything, I mean shound i try to sell it on ebay or just keep it as a backup.

The unit is in purfect working condiction not a mark on the unit.

Cheers
Alpine au

alpineau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

imo , i'de keep it incase the day ever came you wanted to sell the car, then chuck it back in ;) - allways good to keep for a too backup anyway . Besides all that , i wouldn't be supprised if in a few years down the track its worth 5 times as much as it is now ! - for a while they loose value - then after LOTS of years they seem to gain value again as people look at restoring cars and want original hard to get WORKING parts ! , up to you in the end though .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #3
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Yeah I regret selling mine. It was just the AU1 cd player but now that I've decided to go back to original, I have to borrow one off a fellow member until I can get another one. What a pain. I shouldn've sold mine. Guess it's really your choice and depends on whether you need money or not. If not then keep it as back up...
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
alpineau

Hi All

Thanks for the quick reply's, i think i will take your advice on the unit and hold onto it for a while unless i get a really good offier on it.
Old 29-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

seeing as yours is working fine means it is rare

most stuff up so id hang on to it
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
seeing as yours is working fine means it is rare

most stuff up so id hang on to it
Yeah I heard they tend to stuff up. I've been offered one for my car to borrow but don't think I'll take it.

alpineau - I sold my unit through eBay for $250 + postage and mine was just the AU1 single player. And I've seen AU2 single units for $220 on eBay now so I suppose you'd be able to get something in that area. But as FalKeen said, if yours is in good working order then hold onto it.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #7
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, not trying to steal this thread but, were all of the 6 stackers the same or is there a standard 6 stacker and a premo sound 6 stacker??
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
alpineau

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
Hey, not trying to steal this thread but, were all of the 6 stackers the same or is there a standard 6 stacker and a premo sound 6 stacker??
I think that there were just two equipment levels from ford, Premium and standard. I may be wrong but think it is the same in the BA as well

My AU futura is a 75th anniversary model and it come standard with the premium sound system and 4 power windows YAY.

Alpineau
Old 30-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
There is 2 levels, in the au 2/3

The first was called prestige sound, it was a 100watt system with 6 speakers and a 6 in dash stacker.
The second is the premium sound, this had 250 watt and 11 speakers, along with the 6 in dash stacker, an amplifier in the boot and an 8inch subwoofer. this also had a tape player too.

But in fords wise wisdom, they count a 2-way speaker as 2 seperate speakers, hence how they get a total of 6 or 11 speaker ellements.
Easy way to tell if its premium sound or not, is by looking at the top rhs of the unit, it should have premium sound printed on it.

hope that helps out a bit.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 06:32 PM   #10
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
mines a premo 6 stack with cassette I think the cassette was dropped in the ser.111
no probs. with it or the amp yet............. :voldar02:

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #11
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6

The first was called prestige sound, it was a 100watt system with 6 speakers and a 6 in dash stacker.
The second is the premium sound, this had 250 watt and 11 speakers, along with the 6 in dash stacker, an amplifier in the boot and an 8inch subwoofer. this also had a tape player too.

But in fords wise wisdom, they count a 2-way speaker as 2 seperate speakers, hence how they get a total of 6 or 11 speaker ellements.
Easy way to tell if its premium sound or not, is by looking at the top rhs of the unit, it should have premium sound printed on it.

from what i have read of all the brochures etc etc for the series 1,2 and 3 xr's, that above info you have stated is spot on ;) .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
alpineau

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6

So in the AU2/3 was there ever a single cp player or only the two 6 stacker models mentioned above??
Old 30-03-2006, 11:25 PM   #13
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineau
So in the AU2/3 was there ever a single cp player or only the two 6 stacker models mentioned above??
There was the standard single cd player, int he double din size. all au's from series 2 got this. and then there was the options for the prestige sound or the premium sound. But i think i read somewhere that u could option the tape player on the single cd as well. i will have to check my brochures again.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #14
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Standard = 4 speaker 100w AM/FM radio + single CD
Standard Option = 4 speaker 100 w AM/FM + single CD + single cassette
Prestige Sound = 100w 6 stacker with 6 speaker elements
Premium Sound = 250w 6 stacker plus sub and amp 11 element sound system