Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

My missus has had a shocking 2 weeks. She is a long term Bi Polar sufferer. Every time they change her meds she goes down but these last 2 weeks have been real bad. It has been said that 70% of Australians are on some sort of medication. Great for Doctors and the drug companies............
5 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
My missus has had a shocking 2 weeks. She is a long term Bi Polar sufferer. Every time they change her meds she goes down but these last 2 weeks have been real bad. It has been said that 70% of Australians are on some sort of medication. Great for Doctors and the drug companies............
It is great for them. It's a joke and I am over it. They are salesmen/women, no different to walking into a car dealer. They will tell you how good a drug is but make no mention of any side effects, my psychiatrist even said before he put me on Lithium "Don't look at the side effects, they will probably scare you". I didn't look at the side effects and now I am stuck on Lithium with painful acne like a 14 year old and many other side effects. You get stuck, I can't just stop taking them or my body will freak out, the only person that can help is a doctor and they will do anything to keep you on a medication.

I'd like to know how many of those 70% actually need to be on medication. No more than 35% I'd say.
Joel. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #3
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
as my psych keeps trying a different med with the one he has kept me on for the last 3 2nd med trials, can i ask what type only ie anti anx, anti dep, pro anx pro dep ( light humour there) or all and more of the above, does he keep changing of your wifes when she has such a terrible time with change, as do i , don't mean to pry I'm just still searching for answers tis all
Old 04-09-2016, 06:08 AM   #4
Tui2
Coyote ugly

ps. good signature buggerlugs
Old 05-09-2016, 04:23 PM   #5
fitzy1980

Epilim (Sodium Valporate) and Lamictal ( Lamotrigine ) were a life changer for me..
fitzy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2016, 04:18 AM   #6
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy1980 View Post
Epilim (Sodium Valporate) and Lamictal ( Lamotrigine ) were a life changer for me..
1250mg a day of epilim and 400mg of tegretol per day for 8 misdiagnosed trauma and drama filled years for me
Old 06-09-2016, 04:21 AM   #7
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
1250mg a day of epilim and 400mg of tegretol per day for 8 misdiagnosed trauma and drama filled years for me at one stage there, stages are in measured in Decades for me
Old 06-09-2016, 04:24 AM   #8
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
1250mg a day of epilim and 400mg of tegretol per day for 8 misdiagnosed trauma and drama filled years for me at one stage there, stages are in measured in Decades for me