Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
Mal H

Default Xr5 suspension for ls

Hey
I'm new to the focus section of the forum (migrated from an au3 xr8).
And my first question is about the suspension.. I'm thinking of lowering and putting some stiffer shocks/struts on. Does anybody know if the xr5 turbo suspension is a direct fit for a 2007 LS focus.
I'm looking at the xr5 suspension because I don't want to go too low (xr5 is only 15mm lower) or too stiff, and I figure the xr5 would have a well rounded/compliment ride that would be easy to source parts for.
Old 27-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
Mal H

Default Re: Xr5 suspension for ls

Sorry guys it's the 2007 LS focus "LX", forgot to say it was the LX model.
Old 27-07-2015, 11:20 PM   #3
dazFX
Starter Motor

They will fit no problem, but i thought my xr5 on stock suspension felt a little too boaty and looked like a 4wd.
EO XR5 Turbo: PS u412, Deresonated Xforce Catback, 200 cell cat, 3" downpipe, Dreamscience CAI, Airtec Gen 3 IC, Turbosmart dual port, RS injectors, Elevate TCV, VT torque mount, King Springs, Bilstein B8s, Whiteline RARB, Adjustable Camber arms, PDW Oasis, Bonnet strut lifters
dazFX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
Mal H

Thanks dazFX, maybe it is worth getting aftermarket shocks and springs.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #5
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

XR5 suspension in an LX won't sit too much lower than an LX.
The XR5 depends on the extra weight of the I5 to reach its lower height, the springs will make it sit slightly higher in the front than a Zetec.
I know this from experience. :(
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2015, 01:07 AM   #6
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just go for some aftermarket springs if you want it lower. Or go for the zetec springs. They are nearly identical but it will sit slightly lower than xr5 springs on a standard car. The zetec also uses the same anti roll bars as the xr5 which i found out after buying a set off an xr5 hoping they would be thicker.

I noticed you are in orange, I am in bathurst if you want to go for a ride on my zetec to feel the difference before you start getting parts
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
Mal H

Has anyone had experience with "st suspension" or "ap suspension", www.speedline.com.au have a few strut and spring kits available for the focus and they seem reasonably priced?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #8
dazFX
Starter Motor

^^never heard of them

A lot of XR5 owners have gotten their Eibachs/Bilsteins from here http://www.fahrwerke-stossdaempfer.de/

You can also get BC coilovers on ebay for around $1300
EO XR5 Turbo: PS u412, Deresonated Xforce Catback, 200 cell cat, 3" downpipe, Dreamscience CAI, Airtec Gen 3 IC, Turbosmart dual port, RS injectors, Elevate TCV, VT torque mount, King Springs, Bilstein B8s, Whiteline RARB, Adjustable Camber arms, PDW Oasis, Bonnet strut lifters
dazFX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post