Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #61
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
The black spur is about a 15-20 minute run of twisties ;p And hey, no need to get so defensive i'm just asking if you want to have a hoon some day!
Mate, I'm not defensive at all. I think the BF 6 speed is a hell of a bit of kit, I'd certainty love it in mine. It will kill the stock 4 speed auto thats for sure. I had to modify my stall to make it work well. Fuel economy sucks now but its a wilder ride and suddenly the long gears actually work to my favour instead of against. I wasnt kidding when I said it will only need 2 gears :

If its 20 minutes it will be close. First 10 minutes will be a blast, 2nd 10 minutes I'll be wishing I had the bigger brakes like yours as I desperatly try and stop going over an edge : Thats when I'll have to slow down.

Its all good mate.. neither of us would see anything of an SV6 except its headlights shrinking in out mirrors.

Anyhow, sign up for the next Forums drag day when a date gets sorted, come along and have some fun. We can have a chat and enjoy lots of cars killing lots of rubber.. its a hoot.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #62
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Mate, I'm not defensive at all. I think the BF 6 speed is a hell of a bit of kit, I'd certainty love it in mine. It will kill the stock 4 speed auto thats for sure. I had to modify my stall to make it work well. Fuel economy sucks now but its a wilder ride and suddenly the long gears actually work to my favour instead of against. I wasnt kidding when I said it will only need 2 gears :

If its 20 minutes it will be close. First 10 minutes will be a blast, 2nd 10 minutes I'll be wishing I had the bigger brakes like yours as I desperatly try and stop going over an edge : Thats when I'll have to slow down.

Its all good mate.. neither of us would see anything of an SV6 except its headlights shrinking in out mirrors.

Anyhow, sign up for the next Forums drag day when a date gets sorted, come along and have some fun. We can have a chat and enjoy lots of cars killing lots of rubber.. its a hoot.
Sounds good man, i'll be there.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #63
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you two guys do decide to go for a run through the Black Spur, make sure you let us all know. I know there'd be plenty of blokes wanting to see the outcome, and barrack for the AU of course!

Go AU!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post