Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #1
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Owner Review

Hi Guys,

Straight up not a LW focus owner here, but do have an LT.

Was just wondering your thoughts on this owner review of a Focus Trend Powershift. Apart from the fact he/she whinges about absolutely everything including the lack of space (not that its a large car) he/she complained about the turning circle. So does someone in the comments section. I didn't think this was a issue?

They also go on about the Powershift gearbox (naturally) as we know its an issue.

but anyway have a look see what you all think.

Heres the link: http://www.caradvice.com.au/owner-re...-trend-review/
Old 09-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Owner Review

turning circle becomes a problem as manufacturers simply put wider wheels on older chassis and need to reduce the amount of wheel turn to still clear suspension and such, wider and bigger diameter wheels create the issue most times.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #3
Binny

It don't read those owner reviews any more.
Half of them are people who score their cars 9.5-10 and go on about how they are the best thing ever and everyone should buy one. And good on them if they are happy with their decision but it doesn't make for a very interesting read.
The other half had a bad experience for some reason and have to have a bleat and moan to the world about it.
There are only a handful of well written balanced reviews that are worth reading.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
RedChris
Starter Motor

The 'owner' has some points but definitely can't agree with all of it.
- Takeoff can be on the slow side but drive it right and it's fine
- Cabin is small but seriously did he/she not know this when buying? Visually impaired?
- Cheap plastics? Yep, like most of the competition and better than some
- Auto up/down on one window is common
- Most climate set on auto blows full fan at first. Unless the Mk11 Trend is upgraded, it doesn't have climate anyway so not sure about this comment...
- Screen size? Again did he/she not look before buying?
- There is some suspension noise over sharp bumps at low speed
- Turning circle is average unless you have the larger wheels (Trend doesn't)
- A Golf has no hope of out cornering a Focus, this comment along with "my Euro SUV" and "I have been driving dual clutch vehicles constantly since 2007" is a dead giveaway that this is either a VW owner or trolling fanboi

As for comparison shopping a Golf, hilarious. Golf 7 with the 7 speed DSG still has problems, so how is this an improvement? Not to mention I got out of VW products because of the appalling, expensive, arrogant, incompetent servicing regime. Hell would freeze over, even though I like VW products a lot.

Mazda 3? My brother has the new one and likes it, but tells me his old Vectra was a better drive and the touch screen system is hopeless...
RedChris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Lewy950
Starter Motor

Sounds like he should have just bought a Golf.

I just sold my 2012 lw trend with powershift. Did 42000kms without any dramas.

Great on fuel, good ride and enough power.
Lewy950 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #6
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any cars have their issues... some can't be pleased or simply don't do any research or pay attention when test driving. The reviewer is a bit of a fool to be honest i think.

I wanted to see from LW owners if any of it is true really (apart from the gearbox).... 125Kw iin the focus surely feels quite good. Its certainly up there with current 2L similarly sized cars... should go quite well, but as commented, the way he described the power output was like ANY small 4 cylinder N/A car. Bit silly really

Plus im trying to defend Ford and its focus a bit!
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #7
Binny

The 125kw engine is really good but that model is very heavy for its class which dulls the performance. My brother has a manual sport and it goes ok but not great. Ride and handling is great though.
I had an LT TDCi and it is actually lighter than this newer petrol model. The diesel is 100kg heavier than the petrol equivalent too. It also had more interior space and a much bigger boot.
I agree with other comments though that a lot of this persons complaints are their own fault. They should have worked out it didn't suit during the test drive.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #8
country focus
Country Focus

My LW MK 11 Trend has only 7000ks on the clock and I am more than happy with the gearbox,performance,handling,ride and all round finish and after my previous LT it is a far better car.the only gripe I have is the dust and dirt that collects on the rear window and bodywork.Am looking at a Titanium rear wing that has a couple of vents in it to see if this improves the air flow over the rear of the car.
country focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #9
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by country focus View Post
The only gripe I have is the dust and dirt that collects on the rear window and bodywork.Am looking at a Titanium rear wing that has a couple of vents in it to see if this improves the air flow over the rear of the car.
Unfortunately changing the rear wing will make zero difference, the Sports and Titanium get just as dirty.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: