Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
focuszetec
Starter Motor

Default Engine light

Hi, The engine light on our 06 zetec has come on and the interior fan stopped working at the same time. I'm thinking related? I have plugged in an obd reader and it has come up with P0070 - Ambient air temp sensor circuit. I'm not really sure where to start but was going to start with the sensor. Does any one know where it is and what it looks like? Thanks

focuszetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Check that the electrical connectors under the glove box haven't come out/are loose. They can get kicked out by passengers. Stick your head in the passenger foot well and have a look. You may need to drop the fuse panel down and check it out.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
focuszetec
Starter Motor

Default Re: Engine light

Thanks for the tip, I was messing about in there a few weeks back with a reverse light issue so I could have bumped something that's now popped out. Won't have another chance to check over until Tuesday now though.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
focuszetec
Starter Motor

Default Re: Engine light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Check that the electrical connectors under the glove box haven't come out/are loose. They can get kicked out by passengers. Stick your head in the passenger foot well and have a look. You may need to drop the fuse panel down and check it out.
Thanks it was exactly this. Reseated the connector and the fan, outside temp started working. Engine light didn't go off and I didn't have my OBD to reset but have since found out a few days later the light has gone out/reset.