Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
westy73

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
What Ford may have listened to is sales. All well and good to 'stand up and be counted' but IMO buying a new falcon would have been the way to have been 'noticed'
I am a Third generation Falcon own and also have a Territory. So I for one have stood up and been counted. I would have loved my young boys to have been 4th Generation Falcon owners but that right has been ripped out of my finger tips because of Governments. Not because of me ! I will buy another Falcon, most likely a GT before they close but by God I will have me another one so I can show my boys the heritage they could have had.

USA government would not have put up with this as an excuse and in fact didn't they bail out their car companies correct me if I am wrong.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
GT-spec15

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy73 View Post
I would have loved my young boys to have been 4th Generation Falcon owners but that right has been ripped out of my finger tips because of Governments.
You believe you have a 'right' to buy a Falcon?

Quote:
USA government would not have put up with this as an excuse and in fact didn't they bail out their car companies correct me if I am wrong.
Head offices were bailed out - not 'backwater operations' that count for almost nothing on the global scale.

I love cars but you must understand that Falcon is not even a blip on Ford USA's radar. If it's not profitable, it's gone.