Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fabulous Corvette barn find

Sad really.
Hope he enjoyed driving those 3000miles... At night, and that he enjoyed staring at car, in a blanket, in a shed for the next 44 years!
What was he saving it for?
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #32
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

67' air in the tyres (tires) wow , I'll remember that in my next sales pitch . Gotta add some value LOL . It would be nice to be able to leave a vehicle like that in storage , unfortanately I know it won't happen .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #33
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow what a cool story and a great corvette.who cares if the car sat there for so long thats the way he obviously want it to be or he would have drove it down to the beach etc.probably gave him more joy having it in mint condition,thats what some people are like.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #34
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880 View Post
I'm guessing you mean 'won't sell it' rather than can't because of legal reasons

what model charger?
Mix of words,perhaps, theres no legal issue,its been there parked up since it was six months from new,so long long time
I dont get why people are all against these cars parked for decades ....
Its really the owners car to do as they please ...
Foresight is a wonderfull thing,but who could afford to buy a new GT and park it up for 40,50 years,i know i couldnt
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #35
Stagg
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
67' air in the tyres (tires) wow , I'll remember that in my next sales pitch . Gotta add some value LOL . It would be nice to be able to leave a vehicle like that in storage , unfortanately I know it won't happen .
I know right, the fact that it's an all original '67 Corvette with only 3000 miles on it really makes it a beast that is as rare as anything and obviously is now well known around the world. I would love to be able to do that, but to spend a decent amount of cash on a brand new sports car, only to stare at it for the next 44 years, I don't think I would know anyone with that much self control, myself included!