Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
monte.b

Default 4cylinder falcon why bother

Why did ford even bother to produce a 4 cylinder falcon ecoboost thing when they have no desire to promote and sell it .I havnt seen one ad about it ,the ford marketing lot need a kick up the rear about this ,ive read all the reports about it and it sounds a winner ,but i dont think they want it to succeed ,easier to import stuff i guess ,what next china

monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 4cylinder falcon why bother

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte.b View Post
Why did ford even bother to produce a 4 cylinder falcon ecoboost thing when they have no desire to promote and sell it .I havnt seen one ad about it ,the ford marketing lot need a kick up the rear about this ,ive read all the reports about it and it sounds a winner ,but i dont think they want it to succeed ,easier to import stuff i guess ,what next china
Well just wander down to Russell Bates Ford and have a look at it. There is a lot of promo material there and there have been ads in the Chronicle as well as on Ch 9.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00jyd...ure=plpp_video

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Ford have been promoting it...AIMS, V8 supercar events, youtube, Facebook...internet adds....articals...

Quote:
-The large car segment of the total new car market is now approximately 5%

-822 404 new cars have been sold to date.

-That is 41120 Large cars sold

-Australia's population 22,620,600

-Less then .2% of Australians bought a new large car.

-Of that .2%, even less will pay attention to the add....even less with the intent of buying a car.

All of a sudden, wasting money on TV advertising doesn't seem that bright. Best to spend money on the segments that are booming, where there is greater competition.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do we really need another topic about the same thing? Comments are welcomed, but post them in the ones already started!!

Lock this please..

Also, there is a new 15 sec add (I ashume this one is TV bond, like the other 15 sec ones)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyC6...1&feature=plcp
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen a LOT of Ford adds on TV in the past 2 weeks... a blitz to be precise... but NOT ONE Falcon add.... (Ok the GT is a Falcon and I have seen the add quite a few times, but i am referring to the stocl 6 cyclinder and the 4 cyclinder).

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
Werd.
nou

Just a little offtopic but I quite like my 4 cylinder Volvo 240GL.

But yes, Ford Marketing... BORING ads, the only half decent ones seem to cover the euro side of things, Mondeo etc, they're always nice looking ads but don't say enough about the car.
Wow I can plug my iPod in? That's great Ford, tell me something about the car, the engine, the suspension.
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Werd,
Considering we spend so much time sitting in traffic, consumers are more interested in gadgets than how many G's the car can pull on the skid pad or how quickly it can travel 400m. Things like iPod connectivity can be a make or break deal for the modern motorist.
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #9
Drizz06
XR50th

Well I drove a Eco boost falcon for the first time the other day and have to say I was impressed. Power comes on quickly and fairly smooth for a turbo with no real lag. Steering felt more nimble and you can defenatly notice the lack of weight compared to the heavier 6. Fuel consumption was improved but I spent to much getting up it rather then trying to save fuel lol.
Was also quiet for a 4 pot screamer and seemed to have better sound insulation then my Fg but that may just be a improvement in all FG2 's?

If I had the cash I'd buy one for the missus for family duties.
Runabout- 1997 XH longreach in white.
Project- 1976 ZH fairlane 500
Drizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2012, 02:16 AM   #10
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Ford have been promoting it...AIMS, V8 supercar events, youtube, Facebook...internet adds....articals...
Probably should put that quote in your Signature Nikked. That way it will get through to more people.
Old 15-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I think that car advertising needs to grow some balls back and poke fun at each other again. Mention each others' brands and models and point out why we should buy their car over another brand. They play it too safe these days that I think it leaves little options to make adverts that make us talk and feel good about the brand. Or maybe some anti-defamation rule was introduced at some stage banning this kind of direct mention or other brands?

Even they did this, I reckon they'd be afraid of a comeback from the other company / companies poking fun about other points in return. So a catch 22!

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin View Post
I think that car advertising needs to grow some balls back and poke fun at each other again. Mention each others' brands and models and point out why we should buy their car over another brand. They play it too safe these days that I think it leaves little options to make adverts that make us talk and feel good about the brand. Or maybe some anti-defamation rule was introduced at some stage banning this kind of direct mention or other brands?

Even they did this, I reckon they'd be afraid of a comeback from the other company / companies poking fun about other points in return. So a catch 22!
Sounds like you also remember the 4wd ad (Was it Toyota) many years ago that ran with the phrase "protect yourself from Volvo Drivers"
Old 15-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
4DBOSS
Starter Motor

they really shuld promote it more, i think itll sell well..
4DBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that's trite!! Herpa derp ford marketing
Old 16-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #15
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizz06 View Post
Well I drove a Eco boost falcon for the first time the other day and have to say I was impressed. Power comes on quickly and fairly smooth for a turbo with no real lag. Steering felt more nimble and you can defenatly notice the lack of weight compared to the heavier 6. Fuel consumption was improved but I spent to much getting up it rather then trying to save fuel lol.
Was also quiet for a 4 pot screamer and seemed to have better sound insulation then my Fg but that may just be a improvement in all FG2 's?

If I had the cash I'd buy one for the missus for family duties.
I'm the same as you, took one for a text drive a few weeks ago and was very impressed by it. As we will be selling the missus Mazda 2 in the next year to get some bigger for her (moving to the country and kids are in talks, she will need a bigger car)I am seriously thinking one of these will be the go.

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: