Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Pursya

Default Woooo Hooooo!!!!

Yes, I'm stealing the chorus from Blur's "Song 2".
Just drove 6 hours from home to a cabin in the Otways. The last couple of hours spent fanging the Zetec along the Great Ocean Road!
What a delight to find that the Fiesta reviews were right. This car is simply fun,fun,fun and all advisory cornering speed limits can be thrown away.

Now I'm a big fella, 6 foot 5 inches and over 100 KG. I tossed up about taking the Fiesta or the bigger car we have on this trip. The other car has leather, sunroof, satnav etc etc. The Fiesta does not.
But, the hip hugging seat is simply superb. I got out of the vehicle after 3 1/2 hours straight without even a kink in my spine.
I am still in shock.
All this and it's a Ford!
Who would ever have known?

P.S. The one advisory I just thought of is the inclusion of the Boomerang Armrest. It is so much part of this car now I don't know where I would have put my arm without it.
Funny aside, we are staying in a "Boomerang" Cottage!
http://www.theboomerangs.com/
Coincidence?

Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Caydus

Default Re: Woooo Hooooo!!!!

It's brilliant. Can't say I was fanging it around the twisty bits, but definitely a very nice long distance highway cruiser.
Just went to the snows 6hrs+ of driving without long distance back pains or getting as tired as i did going there in other cars. Handled snow chains like a champ. Stayed up on the mountains, so spent 3 days buried in snow (had to sweep at least 50cm worth of snow off it), started without a hint of a slow crank, then came right back down the mountain again like nothing ever happened.

Boomerang armrest would be my next addition after a couple of paydays to refill the bank balance. Where did you source one and how hard was the install?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
Pursya

Check this thread;
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11373812

Install under an hour but pay particular attention to my comments re handbrake guide holder bolts. They are not the same as the European model and need modification or replacement.

Cost was $160.88 + $15 freight.
Now I buy a bit of stuff from overseas and was amazed by this low freight rate. I therefore was not shocked when I got an email saying it was wrong. They asked for an extra $21 ($36 all up) which was still a good price. Freight from the US has tripled in the last 12 months.

Good to hear your Fiesta passed the cold test. How does it go in the heat? So much said about poor aircon I'm hoping they have got it spot on by now.

Last edited by Pursya; 04-09-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #4
Fiestaman

Yeah - the Fiesta certainly is the benchmark for handling in light cars. I have driven more light cars than I can remember and they cannot match the Fiesta for fun in the twisties.
Fiestaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
fonfe
RS shop's technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestaman
Yeah - the Fiesta certainly is the benchmark for handling in light cars. I have driven more light cars than I can remember and they cannot match the Fiesta for fun in the twisties.
I'd love to put ou in a racing puma - similar poor pan, bigger engine and much wider track....you'd love it!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Caydus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya
Check this thread;
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11373812

Install under an hour but pay particular attention to my comments re handbrake guide holder bolts. They are not the same as the European model and need modification or replacement.

Cost was $160.88 + $15 freight.
Now I buy a bit of stuff from overseas and was amazed by this low freight rate. I therefore was not shocked when I got an email saying it was wrong. They asked for an extra $21 ($36 all up) which was still a good price. Freight from the US has tripled in the last 12 months.

Good to hear your Fiesta passed the cold test. How does it go in the heat? So much said about poor aircon I'm hoping they have got it spot on by now.
Thanks mate, fairly expensive but damn it's a nice fit and finish. Next on the shopping list.

As for heat, I think the highest I've had the temp read is 56c in traffic at a standstill. It's still fairly cool in the cabin. The aircon is great and with 95 fuel or more, the car runs just fine, no extra dramas over a regular 20c day.
The WS were reported to have terrible air con, though they fixed that in the WT.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
Pursya

Thanks.
I cannot use 95 because all my fuel is paid for by my employer and it's basic unleaded. So far no issues with it at all. But I know there have been issues reported on the net before, it's why initially I refused to buy this car for the wife. Horrible stories of cars pinging and stopping at intersections.
Seems the WT got a software update that has been applied to all these models. Hope those with issues got it sorted as no doubt they are fun vehicles when all goes well.

Armrest looks like it came with the vehicle and my local Ford dealer, not the selling dealer, didn't bat an eyelid at the 3K service.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
Pursya

Thanks.
I cannot use 95 because all my fuel is paid for by my employer and it's basic unleaded. So far no issues with it at all. But I know there have been issues reported on the net before, it's why initially I refused to buy this car for the wife. Horrible stories of cars pinging and stopping at intersections.
Seems the WT got a software update that has been applied to all these models. Hope those with issues got it sorted as no doubt they are fun vehicles when all goes well.

Armrest looks like it came with the vehicle and my local Ford dealer, not the selling dealer, didn't bat an eyelid at the 3K service.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #9
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonfe

I'd love to put ou in a racing puma - similar poor pan, bigger engine and much wider track....you'd love it!

If only we could easily get one here. Would sell up for one any day!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We just got back from two week 4000km+ road trip in our WS Zetec over all kinds of unknown roads. No problems at all. The most important thing for me about the handling is that the car is likely to get you there and back safely while having a bit of sporting fun. I doubt I could drive 4000km over unknown roads that quickly with those long stints in a Falcon or Commodore without killing myself. Clocked over the 160,000km mark on the car during the trip too.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post