Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
pk2000

Default cheap mobile plans

g'day all

i stumbled upon a mob that are giving away 20 buck pre payed starter packs. ive received mine and all is working pretty well, its backed by vodafone. anyhow heres the link:

$20 starter pack

Also there giving away a 40 buck pack as well, However, it is $20 free when you sign up, and $20 free when you first recharge.

40 bucks link

just incase some people are wondering heres the legal stuff

and Revolution's hidden charges are 15cents/day network fee + 50cents/recharge

hope someone finds this useful, and just to say im not in anyway affiliated with these people...just passing it on

pk2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #2
PH47
Ford Power, in a Merc?

I agree with this bloke:

Quote:
Looks fantastic. Especially the call rates - about half of what I am paying at the moment. And with credits that never expire, there is no need to worry about not using my phones enough!

Until I read the fine text on all the hidden charges…

Network fee - 15 cents per day! What?! While the call credits do not suddenly disappear on the expiration day, but they do get deducted progressively. With $20 credit (which usually last me 6 months on iSIM), it would not even last 5 months without making any calls.

Recharge fee - 50 cents per recharge! Apparently those revolutionists think that paying each day to stay with them is not enough, they will charge you more for giving them money. Without even starting to use your credits, you’ve lost 90 seconds of call already (20 cents flagfall + 9.9cents x 3).

Customer-paid support - $2 flagfall + 20 cents/minute from mobile or $1.95 from landline. With MNP easily accessible, I think it might be cheaper to “churn” than to call the support of your provider.

So at the end of the day, we have one new mobile phone reseller on the market that is really “revolutionary” by charging users expensive fees that were used to be free, and then excused themselves by saying that these were necessary for cheaper rates…
PH47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Well, it does reduce overheads, I mean, 18c/minute isn't too bad for a prepaid company, and if you make a minute or two of calls a day, it might pay for itself. Firstly, 15c * 365 is $54.75. If you save that much making calls, I don't see this as a problem. Secondly, 50c per recharge isn't much at all. It's probably to cover the cost of the call/sms of recharging, it does create traffic. Support is FREE if you use email.
I mean, come on, Telstra charged (last time I checked) 74c/min and expired after three months, Vodafone charged 60c/min and expired after 12 months OR 30c/min and expired after 2 months (different pre-paid options), not sure about Optus but I wouldn't touch them after their customer service.

That being said though, I've been with Vodafone for about five years now, they've got a few advantages over Revolution. Proven reliability (and unlikely to go under), options (prepaid's version of `plans'), benefits between Vodafones (you get a bunch of free time between them), etc
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post