Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fords advertising

Been seeing on the television the ecoboost ads saying 50 years of firsts with a falcon driving around through ribbons around the place, this ad mentions ecoboost but neglects to mention number of cylinders on which ecoboost will be applied, and it also does not mention driveline configuration there are many threads on the ecoboost engine which one the falcon will have and on its future driveline configuration, this is not the purpose of this thread so going into these things will likely get it locked so don't.

My point is does anybody else find this particular advertising campaign a little soft with key elements being not mentioned (cylinders and driveline) imho the ad is so soft, uninspiring and uninformative as pretty much all it says is "ecoboost is coming" but fails to elaborate on the details of this.

also an ad such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzO2rvp4gw would have far more punch than the soft one they got before you start I know that ad or one like it would never see aust teevee as the cars are out of control or something

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to go out on a limb & say that is how Ford Aust will market the new engine.. By this I mean, they'll say "Ecoboost" this, "Ecoboost" that & leave the fact it has only 4 cylinders completely out. I could be wrong, as I'm only guessing.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Does it matter? They mention ecoboost but the vehicle is not for sale for a while. Why harp on about a car you cannot buy when they are paying big money to try and sell current stock.

I'd say mentioning ecoboost would be starting to get the brand name out there.
Old 28-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
nstg8a

i doubt you will ever see ford advertising the fact its gonna have a 4 banger in there, they will concentrate on the ecoboost name plate, otherwise people will instantly go "urgh 4 cylinder in a falcon, itl be a piece of crap, remember the starfire commodore?"

imo, fords best ignoring the cylinder count, and concentrate on the economy side of it.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Does it matter? They mention ecoboost but the vehicle is not for sale for a while. Why harp on about a car you cannot buy when they are paying big money to try and sell current stock.

I'd say mentioning ecoboost would be starting to get the brand name out there.
Yeah I agree.
It seems to be a trend in auto companies not to mention a four cylinder as a four cylinder, especially when it is not a hatch, like a camry or hilux. For example, they would advertise there range as having- 'choice of turbo deisel or V6 power', or 'economic 2.5L or V6', so on. It is almost as if they are ashamed of their engine, and think it won't sell if they mention the cylinders. They just rely on the customers ignorance.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

they know people dont want the falcon to be a 4 cyl. They're trying to make the new turbo 4cyl as good as the I6 (goodfknluck). of course they're not going to say things like that.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSkids
they know people dont want the falcon to be a 4 cyl. They're trying to make the new turbo 4cyl as good as the I6 (goodfknluck). of course they're not going to say things like that.
Yeah when I first heard they were going 4cyl I was piised off. How could they do that to the Falcon I thought. I don't care it has just as much power and uses half the fuel, its a 4.
I'm glad though that the 6 will still be available, (my impression, am I right about this?) as I would never buy a 4cyl car, regardless of anything. (Prob sound pretty dumb and jerky but thats just how I feel.)
So I can see Fords perspective.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
prydey
Rob

to be fair, the ad isn't really about ecoboost. that gets mentioned toward the end as a bit of a teaser but its more about 50 years of falcon i thought.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #9
Smythy93

they need to bring out more ute ads and make them alot more interesting to improve young guys people buying them. these days everyones buying sv6's and i dont generally like them :S
Smythy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #10
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
to be fair, the ad isn't really about ecoboost. that gets mentioned toward the end as a bit of a teaser but its more about 50 years of falcon i thought.
+1 That sounds about right. I'd say that they are using the 50th anniversary ad to point out the obvious & get the word out over ecoboost.

Prospective buyer: "oh I saw the 50th anniversary ad on the TV yesterday, & saw at the end of it, that it said "ecoboost is coming", what is ecoboost?"

Salesman: "well sir...." (may even walk out a pre order, or a new car that wasnt planned)

If you look at it, whether its deliberate or not, is a bloody clever bit of marketing.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post