Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

View Poll Results: Should AFF have a Computer Support Forums
Yes, would help heaps.. 18 39.13%
No, there are other sites 28 60.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Kryton

Default Computer Tech section for the forums

this Poll is to gauge the interest in having a section of the Forum dedicated to Computer related issues where users can seek help and advice from fellow members. it would be called Computer Tech.
Since computer problems do happen from time to time and everyone here has to use one, it would be a lot easier to find/get an answer if there was a section designed specifically for it.
dont forget to vote and lets hear your thoughts and opinions about it.

I KNOW THERES NO POLL, ITS GETTING FIXED.

Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
Paxton
Cobblers!

I don't think so. OCAU and AppleTalk do their respective jobs well enough, and asking this question is like a member of ATAU (AppleTalk) asking for a forum dedicated to cars. This is a Ford enthusiasts site, and we don't need a large member base dedicated to helping computer issues. If you have a problem join another forum and ask your questions there.

I believe that we need to stay a Ford/Car only forum. Besides, I spend the same amount of time here as I do on ATAU.

-Andrew
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

i agree with Andrew, the members on Overclockers are sooooo much more intune with PC 'issues' I think we'd be offering sub-par or biased answers

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:22 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Been discussed in depth a number of times before. Isnt going to happen. Just like the GT4 forums... that game that no one is really talking about anymore that, when released, had a number of people asking for its own dedicated forums.

ocau can do that side of the ledger I think.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
neb
hibernating

agree with everyone else... I don't think a computer tech section is suitable for a car forum
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 08:46 PM   #6
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

While I have done my fair share of asking for help on these forums when I've had computer problems, but a computer section wouldn't fit well on this site.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 05:49 AM   #7
free-energy64
Free Energy Is Out There

Yip, as said earlier, not a good idea. I go to Whirlpool forums to find solutions and they never seem to let me down.
free-energy64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #8
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Dont really need it. If someone has a problem and want to ask on here, they can post it to the bar.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yup, no objections to the odd computer help thread in the bar, but to devote a whole section to it on a car forum seems weird.

with the amount of computer help forums around, it's basically at the stage where if you have a problem, all you gotta do is search on google for it and you'll come up with a ton of results
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #10
CruizinEB
Banned

its a good idea for people like me who need help somtimes
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 02:50 PM   #11
MrQuan
Social Disaster

This is Ford Forums, not computer tech forums. There's a billion and one other computer forums already. Why bother, when there are dediacted coputer forums that would be much more effective and have a larger audience for computers?

Besides, Google is your friend ;)

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #12
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I'm with the status quo on this one, there are enough members here already that basicly talk off topic and f/a about Fords.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #13
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While I agree that we don't need a PC tech section I can understand his reasoning. I think he feels members on here would get more honest or reliable advise from this 'community of members' as opposed to being a newbie & asking strangers on another forum.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #14
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Nah, most computer minded people would read a post about a computer problem and race to solve it first on a computer forum.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #15
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

What about a sub-section in the in car entertainment section for carputers? I know I'd love to setup a computer in the car to play music and movies, maybe even for kids to play video games on on long trips.

Just a thought
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post