Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
tolly
XLSMARLIN

Default both door acuators REPLACED - STILL wont lock :(

hey guys

been a long time since i've jumped on here, but i though i would try and get some help. I have and AU II XLS UTE and have replaced both actuators with reconditioned ones off ebay today. I can lock the drivers side, with the remote or key, but the passenger side will not lock at all. I've tried everything from locking the drivers door, then locking again with the remote and nothing...do i need to disconnect the battery or anything to reset it?

I really wanna get this fixed ASAP as my car has already been broken into once and my head unit cds stolen.

Is anyone able to help?

thanks

tolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

Can only remomend removing Lhf actuator again and disassembling the electric mechanism, lowest part on actuator. There will be an electric motor attached to a pinion gear, that operates a long plastic gear for lack of a better word. Check if this "gear" is broken. If not either wiring issue or body computer, U'll have to check continuity between actuator and body computer etc. If don't have Auto elec skills, only one option. Outsource............Good luck........
Auturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Nothing to reset. Does the passenger side make noise like it want to close, so its definitely getting power. Take it out of the door and operate remote with it just sitting there, jiggle the connectors etc, could be a bad connection. If its not getting power, then try the following (don't know if its the same in AU II XLS UTE, but its easy check). Follow the wiring out of the door and into the body pillar through the rubber grommet. Pull the rubber grommet out and gently pull as much of the wiring out of the pillar as you can. There should be a connector in there, check the connector, I found mine all corroded and one of the wires broken off.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
tolly
XLSMARLIN

AMB - yeah it's making a noise like it's wanting to lock,so it should be getting power, but yeah it's not physically locking - so it is getting the message properly from the remote/key to lock, but yeah i would have thought that being a reconditioned lock it would be working perfectly anyway....not sure where to go from here...
tolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

So what happened tolly, how did it go?
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post