Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
BozmiumX
Starter Motor

Exclamation Help! Locked out!

Greetings Forum!

I have driven Holdens all my life mostly H series Kingswoods and Statesmans & then moving up to the Commodores when they arrived. A couple of years ago i needed a cheap vehicle FAST so i went to my local car dealer and bought a straight as a die EB Falcon GLi for $2K on the road, even had a spolier. To say it was the most comfortable ride of my life is an understatement, and to add to my dismay its ride was far superior to the VZ Commodore i used as a company car. For long drives id take the old EB over the VZ any day. Because i am a field service tech and do alot of k's - driving comfort is very important to me. It took some time for me to acknowledge that perhaps i had been..........converted?

Anyway the old EB had 280K on the clock - i put her on gas and put another 50K on her. I put a new set of rotors and a steering rack on her and she never missed a beat. By now, though the car was still straight and in great condition, the engine was starting to get a bit tired, with ominous knocking noises and a leaking rear welch plug. So......as rego was due and i knew her time was limited before a major engine rebuild i contemplated her disposal - with some regret.

My retired father in law drives 2 EB falcon wagons and is a collector of cars. Lots of cars! As i know the EB's resale value would be next to nil with no rego and no RWC i offered it to him to either fix up and resell or use as spares. He was happy to accept and in return offered to me a recently acquired 2000 "S" AU Falcon with siginificantly less k's on the clock. My first Ford experience was a good one, and after walking around her a few times contemplating her unorthodox, but not entirely unpleasant styling i decided i liked her so i happily accepted. All i had to do was get RWC and register her.

HERE STARTS THE PROBLEM - but happy to say its not the cars fault but human error.

My father in law trailered the AU to me here in Melbourne and took away the EB. She sat there for a month or two awaiting my attentiion (I was driving a company car at the time so had no pressing need for her services.) The company car went back to its owners when my job was dissolved so i went out to get stuck into cleaning her up and getting her on the road. Keys, keys where are the damn keys - tore the house apart. Went out to the car and to my horror saw the keys sitting in the centre console, laughing hysterically, taunting me within arms reach, all doors locked. How? I HAVE NO IDEA but some invectives were muttered.

SO! My question (finally!) is: barring having the RACV come out and work their break in magic (for a fee) is there any way into this vehicle so that i can retrieve my damn keys? Now i am without my company car i do have a pressing need for her services and human error has thwarted me at the first turn.

I have tried the old jimmy the door frame open and get a bit of wire in approach, with little success as i am scared of damaging something (frame or seals). I have tried the wire down the inside of the door but i imagine there is a shield around the door knob assembly to stop such atttempts and i know nothing of the inside of AU doors.

I have seen a couple of similar threads on here where people had battery/central locking issues and needed to break in. Obviously such things cant be posted in public but if anybody knows how to do this i would be eternally grateful for a msg or email and can get her moving again without coughing up for racv.

Looking forward to getting to know my AU!

BozmiumX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

First of all, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the purchase!

I for one am very interested in knowing how the keys managed to get locked in there, if a door is open when you go to lock it, it gives a warning and instantly unlocks them again, the only way to lock them from the outside is with a key/remote when all doors are shut (on my S2 anyway).

I'll tell a bit of a horror story, I tend to hit the lock button as soon as a door is shut, never leave the car unlocked. Well I was helping a friend move house, of course the car doors were locked. Used the remote to pop the boot to put stuff in, which stupidly included the keys! Had to get somebody drive me the 10 minutes back to my place to pick up my spare set, which I used to recover my main set, then threw the spare in the cup holder section.

Then a few hours later, I locked the keys in my boot again, both sets locked in, was an RAA job to get them out!!!

Another time, 8 hours drive west of Adelaide in a small town named Poochera, I had only my main set of keys which ended up in the boot of my locked car while unloading luggage after a few beers. I won't go in to how I got them out, but it wasn't pretty.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

pm sent. Probably not a topic to be discussed on an open forum.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
skelly

i feel my iq just went up by 50 for reading all of that lol
skelly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post