Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Default v8 harmonic balancer weight

does anyone know the weight for series 1 xr engine balancer?? i have just bought a lightened flywheel and it has two balancer weights. ones around 20 and the other is 50 odd

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

i replaced my flywheel late last year with an xtreme lightened cro-mo one and clutch.
is there a small counterweight and a larger one? i used what the instructions said for the cleveland (think it was the small) and this one is left over, it measures a touch under 140mm at the widest point so its for the later v8's
to avoid shadows i had to move the camera down but it makes it look like the weight is 150mm long..

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

ps, your thread is a bit confusing too, the harmonic balancer goes on the front of the motor, flywheel at the back.
hope ive answered your question correctly

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_hartman
does anyone know the weight for series 1 xr engine balancer?? i have just bought a lightened flywheel and it has two balancer weights. ones around 20 and the other is 50 odd
50oz, Use the big one.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post