Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Ford_fan351
I love my Fords!!!

Default Club rego, requirements and locations

Hi everyone

Im looking at trying to get my 79 xd ute on club rego, since its not used anymore, and will be a future project, it seems a waste to pay $900 a year for it to sit in the carport, but because of my personal situation and location this option may not be available to me. ill outline my position below and see if any forum members have any advice.

My ute currently has rego (qld) but is not driven at the moment, due to a starting, ignition problem, I can get it to start and run, but the problem makes it unreliable and it is not used for this reason, but aside from this it is roadworthy.

I will not be fixing this for the time being due to the fact that im not working atm for medical reasons and cannot justify the cost for a vehicle not used. if club rego is a option i will look at getting it fixed.

So my questions are

Can you join a car club with a vehicle that isnt in show condition, or not on the road atm? (mine was my first car and daily drive,work ute (that i wish to do up in the future)

Are there any clubs close to me (redcliffe qld)

I would be happy to be involved and help out with any club activitys, but for the time being my vehicle would not be involved.

Any advice is welcome...

Old 17-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I think most car clubs would be glad of new members whether they own a car or not.

I'd be looking in your phone book, local service directory or the 'net for clubs. Then ring a few to see if they have club rego arrangements and what they are.

(And that $900 isn't wasted ! ... it goes to help pay for all those good roads up there )
Old 17-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
bingoTE50
Steve

All Ford Club of QLD are on here .
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

most clubs just ask for a interest in the vehicles that they are about dont need a car to join in on their trips, cruises ect.

club rego is for stock cars in factory spec if it has shakers, 12 slots, tubs, ect and wasnt offered at factory time then wont pass IIRC

hope you find a club soon mate if not move to WA and join perth falcons we always welcome new members.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I am a member of the Coupe club and all that is required to join is to have a passion for the cars. You dont have to own one to enjoy them...but it helps

Not sure about the club rego side of things. It has been discussed a few times on here. If you do a search you will find heaps of info on it.
Old 18-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #6
FPV70

I am a member of the Early Falcon Car Club of Queensland and they are on this forum too.
You don't need a stunning example of a car for club rego just something thats not illegal just like normal requirements of rego.

Like any club, just give them a call and ask the requirements of recieving Club Rego and joining.

Good luck with the XD mate.
Old 18-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your car is modified there is the option of SR plates (here in vic anyway) so street rods, modified cars, etc go on that scheme. H plates are for historic unmodified (or minimally) classic, veteran and vitage cars. And then there are RP plates for motorkhana, rally style cars. I think this is relatively the same in each state.

$900 for ute rego!! Stuff that, I whinge when I pay $410!

But I do urge you, don't just look at a car club for 'cheap rego', get involved there are some great people in these clubs and you get great advice and help from them.
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #8
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
All Ford Club of QLD are on here .
they don't have club rego.
Old 18-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #9
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
If your car is modified there is the option of SR plates (here in vic anyway) so street rods, modified cars, etc go on that scheme. H plates are for historic unmodified (or minimally) classic, veteran and vitage cars. And then there are RP plates for motorkhana, rally style cars. I think this is relatively the same in each state.

$900 for ute rego!! Stuff that, I whinge when I pay $410!

But I do urge you, don't just look at a car club for 'cheap rego', get involved there are some great people in these clubs and you get great advice and help from them.
Hey Melz, are you involved with the Veteran car Club of Bendigo or something similar, as I am looking for a club to join in or around Bendigo, I'd prefer something along the lines that is mostly Ford related (XW/Y) but I havn't come across any around here, and the club reg of thing's is the main reason to join aswell, as I don't drive my XW much and I'm sick of paying $500 a yr for reg.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah mate I'm with the Veteran, Vintage & Classic Club of Bendigo. Nothing really Ford based around here, but there are a few Ford nuts at the club
Old 18-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Yeah mate I'm with the Veteran, Vintage & Classic Club of Bendigo. Nothing really Ford based around here, but there are a few Ford nuts at the club
Do you know if they have club rego with Vic road's ?.
Old 18-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Do you know if they have club rego with Vic road's ?.
Yep certainly do, I have my Galant done through them
Old 18-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

How much is membership for the club if you don't mind me asking and who is the person to contact about the club ?.
Old 18-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

There's no factory-spec requirement for club rego up here, just need to show proof of membership of a compliant club and have a letter from a club official confirming the age of your car. There's a really good club on the Northside of Bris, has members with all levels of cars, can't remember the name of them for the life of me. Hopefully NET351 post-stalks me, finds this thread and tells us the name of his club.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #15
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

you can try "australian street machine federation of qld" car club www.streetmachine.org.au, its open to any car thats 30yrs old, $30 for membership per year, and my special interest rego on my XBGT is $193.05 a year.

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #16
Kryton

so the minimum age for any club rego is 30 years old?
And you can only use that car for club events (or to and from)?

any other requirements foor club rego?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #17
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

In QLD, you're restricted to club runs, trips to the mechanic or trips within 20k's of your home for testing purposes. All the good clubs gazette runs to the north and south coasts from 8am-11pm Fri/Sat/Sun as well as runs to willowbank on test and tune nights, so no matter where you are, you're probably on a club run.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #18
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
so the minimum age for any club rego is 30 years old?
And you can only use that car for club events (or to and from)?

any other requirements foor club rego?
25 years and older now.

New regulations will be brought in to play in 2 years or so. Which will be a log book system not club runs... but no point going into detail as it is all still up in the air and won't be for a while

Club events listed in the car clubs newsletter is the broad way of saying club runs. Swap meets, car club members funerals can all be under club runs and I think you can get away with 'maintenance runs'.

Car must pass a safety inspection by a designated club representative or Vic Roads.

galaxy_xr8, will PM you when I find the secretary's number!
Old 19-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Thank's Melz.