Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
Cyborg1978

Default Headlights

Hi Guys
Thinking about upgrading the Headlight globes, fog light globes and the number plate globes in my WS Zetec. has any body done any of these and what's a good option. I used Phillips whit lights on my BA, but they never seemed to last that long. Don't know if it was the car or the globes. some direction would be good thanks.

Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i havent tried any changes yet...

i must say i'd like to have better full beam light after driving in the country at night.. high beams are reasonably good ive found
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
trento
Audiophile

Hey Cyborg, I've upgraded the High, Low and parkers to Phillips Bluevision and haven't had any problems so far (although they've only been in for a few months) but my mate has had them in his VS Bombadore for 3 years now and hasn't had any issues. Also the Bluevisions give a nice crisp white light AND are brighter with a better range. I might try to post some photos this week.

Also check out this link from the euro forum

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...ic=5167&st=0um.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!

Last edited by trento; 14-02-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: incorrect link
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Cyborg1978

Thanks for the link. Went to jaycar after work today and pick up LED number plate lights. Already fitted before dinner, closed the garage door turned off the lights. They look mad. Much better then the yellow factory globe.
Old 15-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #5
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg1978
Thanks for the link. Went to jaycar after work today and pick up LED number plate lights. Already fitted before dinner, closed the garage door turned off the lights. They look mad. Much better then the yellow factory globe.
Awesome out of curiosity how much did they cost? I haven't gotten around to buying them them yet...

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
Cyborg1978

It only cost me $7.00 for both LEDs much better price then autobarn. I'll start to replace all the original globes now. I cant stop.