Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

The gaols are full or near to it even murder only gets you 5-10 thats why most anything else gets you a slap on the wrist and a good behaviour bond. The gaols are full of fine defaulters and the real crims are laughing.
Police should be able to within reason meter out a form of justice if you show disrespect to an officer whats wrong with 24hrs in the local lockup to consider your actions with no further action or fines being imposed? It would make you think twice before being a hero again. Some people need to be taken back to the station out of sight of witnesses for a good old fashioned tune-up.
I appreciate the thank less work the boys and girls do and yes nobody is happy when they get pinged for speeding not even me but it is not the traffic cops fault is it.........

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #32
LTDHO
The one and only

OK, two points to consider.
Legal system - A person who held their licence for only 45 minutes, drives 4okph over the limit and gets 6 months suspension. Weak legal system.
Police position - Lots of respect is loss for the Police. They're not to prodect but to defect.

I'm ot saying this is right or justified, something needs to be done soon.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #33
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What an absolute disgrace. Poor bloke doing his job and some yobo decides
to belt him one. Hearing this sort of crap time and time again.
I stand by exactly what I said in the Rape thread.
Bring back disipline to our children so they grow up with
respect, values and morals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I know when I walk through a crowded street and a man brandishing a sword walks the other way, I think to myself.. 'Now there's a man that would never hurt a fly. Go forth brave sandwich hand.' :
On a lighter note that cracked me the f up.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #34
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all u can hope is that they catch these people and give them a taste of their own medicine
Old 30-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #35
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I'm not 100% sure what it is or how 'in depth' it goes but I think they do get soem form of training in this sort of thing.
Weapons training also involves unarmed 'combat' such as deflecting blows, getting out of headlocks, aggressive hand shaking and other stuff, and if you don't pass the module you don't get to wear the uniform. I know this because I didn't pass the module

He still let the bad guy(s) get into his zone though, and I would have thought that situational awareness would have alerted him to the fact that one of the tough guys had gotten out of the car, unless the person who clobbered him from behind was already out of the car.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #36
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1225792579156

They found the B*^%ds and they were from Hampton Park, Berwick and Pakenham... damn I guessed it right ...... Should be Detective
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #37
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.theage.com.au/national/po...1030-ho1e.html
Old 30-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #38
gtfpv
GT

a decade ago police became victims of political correctness and had a lot of thier powers taken away from them , many police left in droves because of this . we are left with the outcome of a poor policing system , an officer is now not to raise a hand at anybody , or they will be charged with assault , often other police become witnesses in court against thier partners , not by choice either .
respect for police went out the window as they lost those powers , as a consequence police are often laughed at and ridiculed in public, you even see it on those reality tv shows . 20 years ago you had respect for police let me tell you 1st hand . and thats the way it should be .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #39
Spudz27
Call me Spud

^^ this is why sometimes I agree with U.S laws and policing. Whilst sometimes they are over the top, if a cop in the U.S was hit from behind and was still conscious he would have shot them and been hailed a hero for it. I would happily sign a petition or something to allow the police here to be heavy handed and use force if it is required. Like why don't the cops make the people sit on the side of the road and handcuff them before asking questions. I saw a show the other day where these people were abusive and right in the cops face, in the U.S again they would have been arrested on the spot.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #40
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I'm not 100% sure what it is or how 'in depth' it goes but I think they do get soem form of training in this sort of thing.
From what I saw it was 4 onto 1, so training wouldn't have helped much.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #41
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
Like why don't the cops make the people sit on the side of the road and handcuff them before asking questions. I saw a show the other day where these people were abusive and right in the cops face, in the U.S again they would have been arrested on the spot.
Highway Patrol?

2 middle eastern gentlemen confronting and attempting to intimidate a female officer while she is inspecting their unregistered and unroadworthy car? To her credit, she didn't seem the least bit confronted by it.

One thing that is noticeable if you watch Cops is, regardless how busted the suspects are when they're caught, they're always exceptionally polite to police. Here, it seems the complete opposite... give as much attitude as you possibly can with zero consequences.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #42
bluestreak
Atmo-6 CruiseMissilePilot

Location: Beechboro WA or in a deep dark hole in the desert...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
...I know there are going to be clowns posting in this thread that say the officer deserved it...
It's a shame you feel that way. I think, in general, the majority of the public support our police. Anyone wanting to take shots at the cops on here would have to have some balls - they'd be flamed. Unfortunately, most of the people police encounter would be the type of meathead that you see on shows like Highway Patrol, Recruits or The Force. It must leave coppers with a grim, distorted view of humanity.

My take on this incident, I wonder if they had something they were hiding eg drugs in the car, drink/drug driving etc, and that's why they did a runner? Or, they're just unevolved thugs whose greatest contribution to humanity would be to remove themselves from the gene pool.

Whatever. I hope this copper gets justice - not like what happened to Matt Butcher in Perth. Most 'Gropers were dark about that. Real dark.:jab:

Cheers

:

Mildly modified BF XR6 (Mine - for now)
Luxurious BFII Fairmont Ghia (Hers)
4x4 PX XLT Ranger (As soon as it gets here!!)

Ladies - if a man says he'll do a job, he will do it. There's no need to hassle him about it every six months or so...
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #43
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
One thing that is noticeable if you watch Cops is, regardless how busted the suspects are when they're caught, they're always exceptionally polite to police. Here, it seems the complete opposite... give as much attitude as you possibly can with zero consequences.
respect for authority, or even just respect for others in general, is fast dissappearing.

all we can do, is make sure we behave appropriately, and if you have children, teach them the proper way. i think the 'pay it forward' principle is pretty good. once upon a time it was common courtesy to help a fellow human knowing you would get nothing in return. these days its all about 'whats in it for me'.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #44
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Sad state of Australia. Let me tell you, it aint getting any better, this sort of thing is the norm with the younger generation.

As a cop you can run the gauntlet and meter out some form of justice like grabbing one scumbag by the scruff of the neck but the do-gooders will cry 'assault' and then it's bye bye career with limp wristed bosses backing the cry babies of our sorry society.

Also, there are coppers who are not out there to defect cars for a living.......
Old 31-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #45
GTJOHN
Ford 4 Life

AFter watching Highway patrol , you can see that there is very little respect for Police officers nowdays.... i couldnt be a cop , id have to club half these twits they pull over...i cant beleive how many stupid ppl we have in the community these days...and cops just have to grin and bear it.....

2nd Car - AU Falcon ,
Black Tickford wheels and Bodykit

---------------------------------------------------
GTJOHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

At least they caught the scum.

If these vermin get a light or suspended sentence I hope the Melb coppers strike. They need the protection and support of the law and should bloody well demand that these inbred mongrels are made an example of.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #47
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its unacceptable the way the media treats police for doing their job.

This is reason I chose not to become one.

I liked a previous post, Police Force is now a Police Service. Very true.

If a car gets pulled up, and all the occupants get out. then gun should be drawn and get them on the ground until backup arrives.

If everyone stays calm and stays in the car and the officer demands the keys. then theres no violence inflicted.

I'm sure that sounds harsh and is not so easy, but I hate the way police are walked on, and also hate the way 'some' police walk on people too.
Old 31-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #48
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like GTFPV has said.
And If you look in depth at all this, you will see that some organization is behind it all. and they lead fools astray. the true foundations have been eroded and are constantly under constant attack.
The 666 have a agenda and all is going to plan.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #49
vee-eight
Starter Motor

It really worries me to hear things like this, do gooders and bogans need to stop slamming coppers for retaliating to violent acts towards them. Id like to see even half the coward whingers put in the cops position then see what they would do.

Ive never had a bad moment with a cop, mainly because I treat them how i would like to be treated, and no one deserves attitude, let alone a flogging for just doing their job, some people need to eat concrete for breakfast, lunch and dinner and harden the f up and learn some self control and that there are others in this world than themselves, all the s..t stems down to selfish brattish people with no idea getting their way because limp wristed people in positions of power bow to them.

I hope things start to change soon or were in for some problems, a problem to start with also is the police acceptance regulations to get more coppers in the first place.
vee-eight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #50
Rubidium

This kind of is going to go on until we get something along the lines of mandatory jail time for violent assaults. should be double time for assaults on police/ambos ect too
Old 04-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #51
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I hope they find the low lives, and make an example of them. Better yet, I hope some off duty guys find them, and teach them a real lesson.
Scum like these 5 "heroes" need to be weeded out from society; particularly when low life vermin such as these have an accident, and leave a victim to suffer and/or die as a result of trying to evade detection for being unlicenced/uninsured/unregistered. As my nanna used to say; "shoot the bastards".

Just Pazz, if you can't recognise the difference between yourself and a police officer being attacked, or why people are incensed by this (ie the law doing its job) then you my friend are a clown, and probably deserved the uppercut that you got.

Quote: