Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Spyware is driving me nuts

Ok, ive hit a brick wall with this so i hope someone can help.

I have no idea how i got it on here in the first place, but my computer is seemingly laced with spyware, in particular some stuff called 'iSearch'. Ive used Adaware, Norton and Spybot, as well as one called 'Webroot Spy Sweeper', and it kills it off ok, the trouble is it keeps on bloody coming back.

This iSearch stuff keeps on redirecting any website i open to its own page, and im finding about 10 applications that i didnt run wanting to connect to the Internet (luckily ZoneAlarm is stopping them though). Im also getting links appearing in just words on the forum (i.e. someone's posts contains links in it which i know are not supposed to be there).

Norton is up to date as of 10 minutes ago and is not finding anything, so does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do to kill this crap off once and for all? I think ive used just about every adware killer known to man and its just not budging.
Old 16-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...search+removal
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

.. and once you've cleaned it up, stop going to those left handed web sites .....
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

no left handed websites here. think it came through kazaa actually, needless to say that's been ****ed off as well.
Old 16-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a) go to "run" in your windows start menu, type "msconfig". on the window which appears go to the "startup" tab, and make sure everything on the list is unticked.
b) restart computer
d) download ad-aware from lavasoftusa.com
e) make sure when you scan with it that it's set to "full system scan"

then when it's finished scanning tick everyone on the list it finds and select continue so it deletes them. to be safe restart your computer and then scan it again.

f) use mozilla firefox instead of internet explorer, you wont believe how much safer it is!

follow this and it should go sweet, goodluck!

Last edited by seano14; 16-01-2005 at 05:10 PM.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

found a great site today i had some of the same problems...

http://www.spywareguide.com/index.php

you can download a free scanner which seems to remove things that adaware doesnt from this link.. its called x-cleaner.. works great.. http://www.xblock.com/download-freeware.shtml

hope it helps..

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #7
RATT

I use spywareblaster and it seems to work.

Kazaa is the problem there, they are known to be infested.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #8
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just got sick of it all and went to firefox and have never looked back.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #9
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deffenetly get firefox if you dont already have it, and do as seano14 said and run msconfig then the spyware program.
Old 16-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #10
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

try limewire rather that kazzar as well.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post