Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #61
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFG
My efII had no items over 1,000 in its 10yr/250km - only non-maintenance Items were 2 water pumps and a head gasket and the plastic radiator tank thingy - and this car was loved, but not babied !
Geez, you got off easy. My EF.

Air-con packed it in (known issue that Ford still made *ME* pay for during warranty period - $1300 - which included changing the type of gas! I'm still pretty dirty about that one)
Exhaust System
Head Gasket
Diff
Most annoyingly, 3 gearboxes (at $1500 a pop) got rid of it when the 4th gearbox was showing the same about to die symptoms that the others had.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #62
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

What I can't get is when company's try to get more sales they'll release a discount a few months have first sale.

Because in my mind that will lower first up point of sales because people will be sitting there thinking ok i'll wait a few months so i can buy one for a few K less.
Old 18-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #63
JC260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Geez, you got off easy. My EF.

Air-con packed it in (known issue that Ford still made *ME* pay for during warranty period - $1300 - which included changing the type of gas! I'm still pretty dirty about that one)
Exhaust System
Head Gasket
Diff
Most annoyingly, 3 gearboxes (at $1500 a pop) got rid of it when the 4th gearbox was showing the same about to die symptoms that the others had.
Sorry mate but i think your car was the exception rather than the rule!

When my EF had 200k on the clock, the most expensive maintenance was $800 for new lash adjusters.

THE LAST-BA XR8|BLUEPRINT|5 SPEED|19"ROH VAPOUR'S|BPR CAI|KINGS SL & SSL|DBA SLOTTED|DJR BOBTAIL|LEATHER|

THE NEW-FAMILY SPEC ZD ESCAPE...
JC260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 10:29 AM   #64
antoni
FG XR6 Turbo

I've said it before and I've say it again, if you are worried about resale don't buy a Ford or Holden.

However there's more to the value of a car than just what you can sell it for a few years down the track. Things like spare parts availability and cost differences between Aus made cars and imports should also be considered. Not to mention warranty servicing costs on comparable cars. In the longer term the difference is negligable, plus buying Australian means supporting Australian.

If you want a superior car that you plan to keep for a while then go the Ford FG series. You won't regret it.
antoni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #65
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBA
And yet you drive a B series? I drove a VE SSV today and it was beautiful. I thought it was much better finished off than my BA was.

My BA was put together quite well (working at Ford I saw the differences you can get). But I was talking about an SS which (from what I am told) is different to an SSV. But if they're the same then IMO the interior is no good.