Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2008, 05:40 PM   #61
Shounak

The other way to drive a HP car is to register a business (usually a lawn mowing or something) and drive it around as a company car. But then you have to do your BAS, always have a good explanation, keep a log book and pay higher insurance.

All that mucking around for a few extra kilowatts, that you would normally get in a couple of years is ridiculous.

It's a cliche but you learn more on your P's than you do on your L's. Learn to drive a car properly, handle turns + corners nicely and then move up.

You've got the law on your side and insurance etc, becomes a crap load easier. A few years without a HP car won't kill you.

Old 17-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #62
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

P platers are really just learner drivers that are allowed to drive unsupervised, they still have 2 tests to pass to be fully licenced( in NSW at least) lets compare it to other areas where skill development is required
  1. a pilot finally gets his pilots licence in a cessna and wants to fly a 747 would this be a good idea? i think not
  2. a medical student finishes uni and wants to do a heart transplant does he have the required experience yet ? don't think so
  3. someone gets their boat licence for a small power boat and wants to take an ocean going cruiser to new zealend . is he likely to be able to do this safely ??? probably not
  4. a P plater just licenced taught by mum and dad in the family hyundai excel wants to drive an FG F6(310 KW) would he be experienced enough to handle this car ????????? what do you think???????? not rocket science
learn to drive properly onver the first 3 years before you get something more powerful . lets face it you can argue that you are a good driver till you are blue in the face but statistically P plaers are worse drivers than average drivers.
they are after all dissproportionatly represented in the road toll statistics they are dying more tahn any other group in car accidents. they are also dissproportionatly represented in collision statistics.
this may upset P platers but i am stating facts here when you grow up you can drive a real car till then the new laws might just keep you alive to drive that V8 or turbo so build a bridge

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 17-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #63
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'll need a far more convincing arguement than "its a company car" or "its for work purposes" to get an exemption...
The rules are there for a reason.

Old 17-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #64
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

If people want to post how to bypass current laws, may I suggest you wont bypass a banning
Old 17-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #65
stiddy
Banned

Some people commenting in here really need to pull their heads in.. cough *crackers* cough..
Your saying inexperience kills, so P platers should putt putt around in a sh!tbox for how ever many years until off their P's, then go out and get a High Powered car if they wish?
So driving around getting used to the massive 20hp of a Datp 120Y then jumping into a 200kw XR8 is safer?
Id rather be driving a XR8 from day dot and actually be able to drive it properly after 4 years then waste 4 years in a puss box and loose it on the 1st corner with all that added extra power with a new car. OR wait wait.. your saying that if you go 4 years without a high powered car you wont do anything silly when you do eventually get a high powered car? LOL yeah right!
Im a P plater, I actually had to go back onto my P plates from loss of licence. I drive a BA XR8 now which I bought 2 weeks before getting my licence back this year LOL call me selfish, I dont give a .... I wanted an XR8 so I got one no other reason.
Stupid flamewar agaisnt P plates an in experienced, I sometimes do upto 1000k's a week travel, I see more middle aged clowns on the street than P platers. My dad is a towie, ive been out with him on several occasions. HMM who do we pick up more? no P platers. IM guessing guys like you crackers. Not watching where your going because your scared of the high powered P plater driver less that 500m away from your puss box.
These middle aged, hell i'll even say in there 30's are driving what you call high powered cars, what gives them the right? they have experience? some should be shot!
Crackers IM glad you drive 500m away from me in my 'high powered' XR8 and my in-experience to go with it! man you deserve a smack in the mouth.
Since my Red P's every car I have owned and driven have been V8's, turbo, or worked. Ive never had a sh!tbox. And you know what, Ive never had an accident in my 5-6years of driving.
If I was driving a small little legally powered buzz box, Id be more inclined to flog the off it as do many others in cars like that. I baby my XR8 compared to how I drive both my XR6's.
I love my high powered V8. I hate with a passion all these political P plate nonsence with followers like crackers thinking they are doing some sort of good in this world by preaching their idea of what is right from wrong.
I understand that law is law and yadda yadda yadda.. and honestly.. there are alot more people out there that really dont care.
ah and do me a favour, dont bother with the ''ITS people like you crap"
Old 17-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #66
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
Some people commenting in here really need to pull their heads in.. cough *crackers* cough..
oh right, so me stating the facts requires me to pull my head in ? good one champ. What would i know, i mean, i must never have been a p plater! Back off thanks.

EDIT, just read the rest of your dribble, man you seem to know so much about me! I've never had an accident in 12 years of driving, don't claim to know anything about me, you end up looking extremely foolish.

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 17-07-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 17-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #67
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Law is law, no amount of ranting, disregard for authority or self promotion will change it, build a bridge.
Old 17-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #68
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

As stated, for those that missed the cut off being June 30th 2007 P platers cannot drive Turbos/V8s etc. Nil exemptions unless you are a police member. For those prior to that date the power to weight applies, this still applies to post June 30th too.
Old 17-07-2008, 06:48 PM   #69
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

So I believe we've established he can't drive the XR8 mentioned on the 1st post. He no longer intends to buy said car. Does that mean we can leave it at that?
Old 17-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #70
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
oh right, so me stating the facts requires me to pull my head in ? good one champ. What would i know, i mean, i must never have been a p plater! Back off thanks.
No not the facts, the other rubbish you went on with. :

Falcon Coupe is right, law is law, nothing will change that, but reguardless of that they will drive what they want when they want and how they want. Not for any other reason but they 'want' to.
Old 17-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #71
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Ok, this is getting personal. Time to put it to bed.
Old 17-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #72
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
man you deserve a smack in the mouth.
&
Quote:
Its amazing that no one hasn't yet smacked you in the mouth.
threats of violence will not be tolerated on AFF.
Closed Thread