Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #121
robjg33
broady grown

i am legend should be called i am dud
that was a terrible film and the product placement was so obvious
will smith owes me 2 hours of my life!
robjg33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #122
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
You're probably the first person I've seen to say that (unless you're being sarcastic)

I thought the CGI zombies were absolutely horrible, which apparently kept to the theme of the movie...
Well in a sense they're not really zombie's but mutant humans...(is that the same thing?)

I wasn't being sarcastic but then again I haven't seen many CGI zombie movies to compare them to, I thought the fact that they had superhuman strength was a bit over the top aswell...

I'd give it a 6/10 because I thought they should have gone into more depth with the "zombie's" and other character's, maybe their budget was small

What I'd like to know is how they got that SR-71 'Blackbird' onto that carrier?...or is that CGI aswell.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #123
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
What I'd like to know is how they got that SR-71 'Blackbird' onto that carrier?...or is that CGI aswell.
That carrier is the decomissioned USS Intrepid. It's now a museam.

The SR71 is on it's deck along with many other famous aircraft. I visited it a few years back - awesome !!!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #124
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
That carrier is the decomissioned USS Intrepid. It's now a museam.

The SR71 is on it's deck along with many other famous aircraft. I visited it a few years back - awesome !!!
Here it is on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=19...02682&t=k&om=1

Zoom in to get more detail.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #125
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

i was looking at at and wondering if that was an SR71 mmm such a sweet plan what 3172km/hr now that quick well was quick anyway and how the plane was made it really flimsey, and will only come right in high atitude.

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #126
AusM
AusMotorsport

Diverting the thread somewhat, but you can also get up close with one in Arizona, near the aircraft graveyard It's hiding under the sandy hangar... head north-east to see the rest of the goodies in the desert...

AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 12:13 AM   #127
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

way off in a tangent now lol, but dont tell me that i now wanna go there and have a close look at one

Quote:
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
Old 15-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #128
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
at the end at the safe colany they opend the gate and let her in all good, but eariler the Dark Seekers scaled the fresh princes building with ease why then could they not scale the fortification walls of the colany?
The other thing that concerns me is how hit the chick and the boy get on and off the island? the bridges were bombed???

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #129
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
at the end at the safe colany they opend the gate and let her in all good, but eariler the Dark Seekers scaled the fresh princes building with ease why then could they not scale the fortification walls of the colany?
Well I'm sure they would have a military perimeter and outposts with night vision and helicopters and drones and hummers etc to secure the safe colony...

Will should have setup a machine gun post on his balcony or something with an M134 Minigun, a few thousand rounds of incendiary and a night vision scope...now that would have been a cool scene with all those tracers!! (yeah I'm a gun nut)

That SR71 is one hot bird, it's top speed is over mach 3....that's faster than a bullet, literally!!!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #130
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
I'd give it a 6/10 because I thought they should have gone into more depth with the "zombie's" and other character's, maybe their budget was small

Ok, so you're limited in your character development in a 1.5-2hr movie but it just seemed like a tour of abandoned NY with the occassional flashback and unneccessary chasing of deer.

I'm still confused about the ending. Why is it safe there, does the sun never go down? Why did they turn up in an Explorer (?) that looked like it had just been detailed. Why didn't Will just throw the supernade and escape with the chick. Why did he seem to fancy manekins but not hit on the hot broad who saved his life? How did the zombies know Will was going to specifically travel to that exact point, be lured by a manekin. I'm being kind when I rate it a 4/10. Now, American Gangster, strong 9/10.

I called shenanigans on the SR71 as well, imagine trying to take off in that thing on a carrier deck. Turns out it's actually a museum when I googled it. Blasphemous to be hitting balls off it though!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #131
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

did you see the huge walls round that place dont think that will be getting in and the ppl in there i am guessing would have be imune to the disease. if he threw the 'nade he wouldnt have been a legend as such. guess after not speaking to a human in 3 yeasr and only talking to the manekins it would change you a bit. three year without human contant would change you alot. not sure how they knew he would go there maybe they had waited a while lol, guess if you couldnt work out how the manekin move you would have been suss too. well if your the last person on earth dont think your going to care where you play golf though look like a nice tee lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #132
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I saw this film last week and enjoyed it. Interesting concept, bit of action, bit of thinking. I would have liked it to have had a bit more depth.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #133
AuFairlaneV8

Wasnt that impressed by this film really, though found the whole ' fred if your real you gotta say something' scene quite amusing and shat brix at the superbatman billboard.

This thread should really have a spoilers warning as people are discussing the ending. But yeah the ending just didnt make sense, how did she get out of the safe without getting eaten (basement underground dark zombies could of waited for her) how did she drive to the colony when the bridges were out.
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 04:06 AM   #134
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Too many questions people are asking. Its a science FICTION movie ffs.

But the one thing I can't work out for the life of me is why the . Martin Lawrence didn't turn up 15 minutes from the finish line and kick some zombie aaa55!!!!!!!!! Action comedy ending would have been better than that 'joke' of an ending. Martin FTW!!!
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #135
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Give the academy award to the dog.

All points noted above are valid, but I was most confused by the herd of deer that could outrun a blown Mustang to the top of 3rd gear...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #136
XW_GS
Paulie

american gangsta..good movie but be prepared ... it runs for over 2 hours so have heaps of popcorn and coke

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #137
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGS351
american gangsta..good movie but be prepared ... it runs for over 2 hours so have heaps of popcorn and coke
There wasn't enough coke in the movie?! :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #138
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Give the academy award to the dog.

All points noted above are valid, but I was most confused by the herd of deer that could outrun a blown Mustang to the top of 3rd gear...
i was thinknig that too.. for a movie that had such a big build up, made us all think it was gonna be epic.. it didnt even run for 90 minutes!! maybe they couldnt afford to close down more of manhattan
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #139
Campo81

I saw it today and didn't think it was too bad.

The ending ended too quickly though
Campo81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #140
Capri351

Just watched it last night. Pretty good, but not great, could have done better with the story.

On a side note, the wife and I were in New York while they were filming. Spent some time watching the filming of the opening scenes with the Mustang being thrown around. Very cool, especially when you see it in the movie.

speaking about I, Robot, I hated it, not as a movie, but the way that california trashed Isac Asimovs writing. Pretty typical though, so really shouldn't have been surprised. Millenium Man was the same, take a classic and trash it in the name of crap entertainment.
Capri351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #141
paul_r_d

My mate has it on dvd already... i going over sat night to see it. Looking forward to it.
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #142
kremmen

28 days later was much better
Old 19-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #143
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up FORD Fun In I am Legend .Not for dialup

This is the link for the Mustang sequences in I am Legend.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/04/f...i-am-legend-i/