Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #31
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
Haha, first rules of hangovers... don't ever drink Tooheys New! That crud gives random hangovers that are just plain shit :P

Alrighty, as has been said, water is the go! Drink heaps just before you got to bed, usually around a litre or so will do it, but do it gradually over about 10 mins so you don't chuck up.

But, before the water, have a hearty meal with plenty of fat (if you can keep it down) like a "no disrespect" hamburger from BBNT in hawthorn. I've yet to throw up the next morning if i have a "no disrespect" the night before. Just so you all know, this burger is 1/2 a kilo of beef (in 3 patties) with 3 lots of cheese, 3 lots of bacon, BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. YUM!

Orange juice can help the next morning, as will a cold meat lovers pizza in the box on the floor you failed to finish the night before ;)
if your heart survives the stress of being drunk and digesting all of this fat while you are asleep whilst your kidneys are working overtime, and your liver is going through hell, this method will be a sure cure if you wake up the next day that is.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #32
Gunns
Banned

Just keep drinking.

Or I find KFC helps in the morning
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Well, i have gotten ****ed 3 consecutive nights....and im feeling the head spins big time!!! It hurts so much.... and somethings that happened i wish didnt... anyway of stopping what did happen from getting out?? lol
Easy one, you got ****ed, as you do and don't remember a thing and if it was'nt a police matter...who gives a shit.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 02:20 AM   #34
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Quote:
Haha, first rules of hangovers... don't ever drink Tooheys New! That crud gives random hangovers that are just plain shit

Alrighty, as has been said, water is the go! Drink heaps just before you got to bed, usually around a litre or so will do it, but do it gradually over about 10 mins so you don't chuck up.

But, before the water, have a hearty meal with plenty of fat (if you can keep it down) like a "no disrespect" hamburger from BBNT in hawthorn. I've yet to throw up the next morning if i have a "no disrespect" the night before. Just so you all know, this burger is 1/2 a kilo of beef (in 3 patties) with 3 lots of cheese, 3 lots of bacon, BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. YUM!

Orange juice can help the next morning, as will a cold meat lovers pizza in the box on the floor you failed to finish the night before
if your heart survives the stress of being drunk and digesting all of this fat while you are asleep whilst your kidneys are working overtime, and your liver is going through hell, this method will be a sure cure if you wake up the next day that is.
Hmmm... never thought of it like that I might lay off the burgers i think!

I do have an ultra-fast metabolism (sp?), so i have to eat alot all the time (when i have the money [ie. 2 feet of subway ain't cheap] i eat ~4 full meals a day, and I simply cannot gain weight :(). The worse the food I eat fat-content wise, the slower I digest it. Thus, if I eat shitty food combined with alot of water, i don't feel so bad in the morning.

Drinking less is probably the best option though ;)

(ps sorry to mine the thread, but i forgot i posted this LOL)
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lots of water damn works. Had 3/4 vodka last night and downd a lot of water and im good now. No hangover. YAY
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #36
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Drink water in between alcoholic drinks. I do this and it really helps (one cocksucker, one water).

DO NOT TAKE ANY TABLET SUCH AS NUROFEN/PANADOL etc. Your liver and kidneys are already under heavy strain trying to process the poison that is alcohol, and they do not take kindly to trying to process medicine on top of that.

Sleep as much as you can (give your body time to recover), have a shower, drink plenty of water and as most ppl have said get Vitamin B (berocca) into you and put your feet up. If you can handle it, eat things like toast or fresh fruit/fruit juice.

And remember, as you age you will realise that drinking till falling over and being wiped out for two days is not as much fun as it used to be :

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #37
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
...I do have an ultra-fast metabolism (sp?), so i have to eat alot all the time (when i have the money [ie. 2 feet of subway ain't cheap] i eat ~4 full meals a day, and I simply cannot gain weight :()...

...you might just have worms...
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 06:48 PM   #38
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
...you might just have worms...
Yeah probably LOL :P Hungry little buggers they are too hehe...
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #39
ridefox
nitro addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
but how do you stop the bed spinning, or the floor if that's where you are.....

ur best bet is sleep in ur bed with one foot on the floor that allway works : or just keep drinkn
ridefox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #40
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Or have your hand in a bucket of warm water while sleeping :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #41
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

http://health.howstuffworks.com/hangover6.htm Bit of good info on what does and does not work.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #42
nugget666
lord of the nuggets

i find eating tomatoes thignsl ike that helps and also swimming nothing beats hangover cure like a day at teh beach...... definetly not bush bashing tryed that one once dont want to say what happend from tehn on :P

:evilking: I saw a commodore chasing a Falcon up the street the other day.. O WAIT they were racing!!!

was about to go wakeboarding but i didnt know about the wheather..... wheather to go or not
nugget666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:51 PM   #43
ridefox
nitro addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Or have your hand in a bucket of warm water while sleeping :P
lol...yer so u **** ur self sorry mate but i dont think thats any good 4 him
ridefox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #44
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget666
i find eating tomatoes thignsl ike that helps
Yes i discovered that by chance once. Was too lazy to make a sandwich so just ate a lot of tomatoe definately helped.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #45
Phillo62
Local Riff Raff

Yeh, go and get a product from your local chemist called "hairy Lemon", take it before you start a session and you wont wake up with a headache, you can also take it after you drink and it will help

Philthy
Old 09-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #46
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

Ummm try not to wipe yourself off...!!

I get bad hangovers! Hell i've even bought gastrolyte... didn't feel like it was working but it probably made some small difference. The first thing that goes with me is my motivation. it's like i want to be showered but i have no motivation to get up and have one!! So if there's ANYTHING you feel like doing, do it! ANything to make you feel better!

it REALLY doesn't help if you've had a crap night... as Mitchay said when you get ****ed because you're depressed you're bound to feel worse once you've been drinking ESPECIALLY in the morning!! So make sure the night was worth it or you'll have no motivation to help yourself in the morning!

my routine is to take berrocca or gastrolyte or something like that before bed with a sh1tload of water! Get AS MUSH SLEEP AS POSSIBLE! seriosuly, the best way is to sleep it off. When you do get up have a shower and put on some comfy clothes and eat good food and more water with lots of vitamins. Maybe some panadol too. try to fill your stomach up (takes ages though!) and then go back to bed!!! should be right by nighttime;)

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #47
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
DO NOT TAKE ANY TABLET SUCH AS NUROFEN/PANADOL etc. Your liver and kidneys are already under heavy strain trying to process the poison that is alcohol, and they do not take kindly to trying to process medicine on top of that.
OOPS... ehehe will have to rethink that one :togo:

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #48
The Mighty Red

the best cure for a hangover is the ocean, swim surf whatever but get it in and you will feel 100% better when you get out
Old 09-06-2005, 08:33 PM   #49
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_blue_xr6
the best cure for a hangover is the ocean, swim surf whatever but get it in and you will feel 100% better when you get out
Just wanna hope its not too hot. I went to the beach and it ****ed me up hardcore. But i reckon if it wasnt so hot then it would of done the world of good. Plus the waves were a bit strong. Still fun nonetheless.